1. I somewhat dont go to battlegrounds because of damage. Havent been doing any arenas yet tho. I'll try to test the Shield Slam, since I will eventually try to do arenas as well. Thanks for the info.

2. Shield slam is the hardest hitting ability of prot and it scales only with strength and arp.
    Many Pvp offparts have only AP so using them as a prot is a bad idea unless you don't care about your dmg.

With a decent two hander you'll deal significant more dmg with a arms build and you are still very resilient in full pvp gear.
    It's arguable that full pvp geared arms has even a better survivability than prot because you have much better self heal.
    As prot you might take less dmg but you have almost nothing to recover your health.
    Not true. Protection has had its fair share of nerfs over the years. Shield Slam used to be the hardest hitting ability for prot warriors, but that is no longer the case. Shockwave and Revenge are our big critters nowdays.

3. Not true. Protection has had its fair share of nerfs over the years. Shield Slam used to be the hardest hitting ability for prot warriors, but that is no longer the case. Shockwave and Revenge are our big critters nowdays.
    Shield block + shield slam is still the hardest hitting combination.
    Using PvP offparts with only AP is still a bad idea as Prot.
    Even if you just wanna be a resilient Tank in BGs and you don't care about your dmg, all other classes that are able to tank perform better than a warrior does.
    Feral has better mobility and bigger health pool.
    Prot pala has better mobility and stronger deffensives.
    Blood DK has better heal.

4. I don't much care about damage, dying and being resilient - I have somewhat made my role to be an obstacle - I have three stuns, I can slow someone down, I can fear them. Since Alliance seem to have almost no healers lately in BGs, there always are others who can do damage.

5. I don't much care about damage, dying and being resilient - I have somewhat made my role to be an obstacle - I have three stuns, I can slow someone down, I can fear them. Since Alliance seem to have almost no healers lately in BGs, there always are others who can do damage.
    funnily enough, arms warrior with full pvp gear and stamina gems has 10 times more survivability than prot war, just cuz of two talents Second Wind and Blood Craze. + u keep aoe slow/mortal strike. so for solo bg purpose i find it way more usefull than Shockwave once in a 20 seconds

First 12