1. May 5, 2021  

which one is the top dps class atm?

i know that many of you will say that the best class is the one that you enjoy the most, but i love playing wow and i know i can play anything with fun (i'm kind of a meta player as well) so i'd like to have the opnion of you guys.

if you guys could give me multiple ones i would appreciate that.
    Edited: May 5, 2021

2. May 5, 2021  
    1. Fury, TTW, Combat
    2. Retri, UH, MM, SP, feral, FDK
    3. Demo, Boomie,
    4. Assasin, Ele, Enh, Affli and all the weird stuff like Blood DK, Destro, some of these are "good" dps wise, but they are "obsolete" and replaceable with more useful specs in Raid composition, I guess that's the best way to say it. Maybe I forgot some spec.

Note that none of these specs will do any decent dps if raid is not properly built. Raid composition is King, you can lose spot to some 4th tier dps with your imba fury op daddy easily, if raid needs specific tool.

3. May 5, 2021  

4. May 19, 2021  
    1. Fury, TTW, Combat
    2. Retri, UH, MM, SP, feral, FDK
    3. Demo, Boomie,
    4. Assasin, Ele, Enh, Affli and all the weird stuff like Blood DK, Destro, some of these are "good" dps wise, but they are "obsolete" and replaceable with more useful specs in Raid composition, I guess that's the best way to say it. Maybe I forgot some spec.

Note that none of these specs will do any decent dps if raid is not properly built. Raid composition is King, you can lose spot to some 4th tier dps with your imba fury op daddy easily, if raid needs specific tool.
    Correct, but also misleading. Fury wars dont become top tier dps unless they have complete endgame gear. Most warriors dont even make it that far on Lordaeron. You will be medicore dps as warrior for most of your time, and the competition for gear and a raidspot as plate is quite fierce. Enjoy that.
    If you want to start kicking ***early on and have quite good chances of getting a spot, i'd just go Rogue.

Personally I would tell you to go Boomie. Everyone will appreciate you.
    Edited: May 19, 2021

5. May 19, 2021  
    I bet hes now 5k gs with his fury and getting angry why isnt he doing 20k dps xD

6. May 19, 2021  
    DPS ranking can be done only by synthetic benchmarks.
    While the above order may be somewhat true, in reality there are so many variables that it's totally pointless.
    In each instance there are many bosses and each of them has different mechanics, one giving advantage to one class/spec, others to others. Aside that this is also different in 10m and 25m. And another aside adding differences in Normal vs HC (or hardmodes) which in some cases completely changes the picture for the same boss.
    Then, not everyone is equally good geared in a raid. Gearscore has zero value...i won't go into arguments why for me.
    Some similarly geared players may be gemmed or talented differently.
    Some fellow players can be in good relationship with you and give you sweet cd's on you during a fight.
    Believe it or not, latency and fps also add up to dps.
    So you can't be constantly on the top, but there are much, much more opportunities than most realize.
    In the end of the day you have to believe and understand that first and foremost you understand your class and spec to the marrow of your bones and play it perfect. Then you will realize, that anyone can rise to the top, or if not - from all other ppl of the same class, spec, gear, talents etc as you are, you are the 1st on the top. Or even sweeter - beating better geared than you are. This is where that thought "the best class is the one that you enjoy the most" comes from.
    Yea, i've played wotlk on retail in its entirety and to the top level to know that pretty much fury warrs, rogues and mages were topping the lists, but believe me i've seen a shadow priest making many to cry. So guys...just stop asking these questions. You'll make a fury warr now and you'll be disappointed, this is not the ticket to the top.
    Edited: May 19, 2021