1. May 6, 2021  

A few questions :p

Hey. I was thinking about starting to play on Icecrown, but i had a couple of questions about the realm. Couldn't find info about anything else, but the xp rate and can't whisper ppl ingame with a lvl 1, so thought i'd ask here :p

What are the rates for:
    1) Gold?
    2) Reputations?
    3) Drops?
    4) Weapon skills?
    5) Professions?
    6) Honor and arena points?
    7) PvE emblems?

NB! Also, do these rates change once you get into Wotlk content, or not? For an example is the gold rate x5 or something from 1 to 70 and x1 past 70? Or is it not bound to lvl and it's just that everything in northrend is x1? Or is it x5 all the way?

Hopefully someone who knows, can provide a detailed answer. Thanks in advance :p

2. May 6, 2021  
    1) gold is x3 as far as i know
    2) x3
    3) x1
    4) x3
    5) x3
    6) x1
    7) x1

You can change XP in game to suit you, recent feature(check Latest News)

3. May 6, 2021  
    Hey.

I was hoping that 6 and 7 would be x1. I'm fine with wep skills being x3 aswell. Proffs too, i guess. Even gold is fine as x3, because who farms raw gold anyway lol. Xp is whatever obviously. I wish reps were x1 though...

Drops though... hmm when i killed a handful of kobols in Northshire Abbey, it felt like they dropped more stuff than in Lordaeron, but i'ma have to check that again. It'd be great if that's x1.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

4. May 7, 2021  
    Hey there, warmane has introduced an option to set your XP rate to whatever you want from 0.5 - 7. Click on the XP bar with right click and you can set up your XP rate.

5. May 7, 2021  
    1) gold is x3 as far as i know
    Aren't gold rewards from quests approximately x7?

Last year I gave Lordearon a try. Once I reached lvl 80, quests in Icecrown gave me around 7 gold. On Icecrown and on Frostmourne, I get 47g when I'm max level.

6. May 7, 2021  
    7 gold for a quest at max level sounds very low, I remember retail netting you around double of that or possibly even more.

7. May 7, 2021  
    Aren't gold rewards from quests approximately x7?

Last year I gave Lordearon a try. Once I reached lvl 80, quests in Icecrown gave me around 7 gold. On Icecrown and on Frostmourne, I get 47g when I'm max level.
    Not really sure, it was x7, gave just over 100g per cooking daily.(remembering something like 140g on x10 Deathwing, hazy) Then they changed rates with that one squish, it started to give lower, like it's now. Havn't tested in-depth, but might be extra exp to gold conversion rate is changed at max level or something like that. Base gold x3 and exp gold x1 along those lines.

8. May 7, 2021  
    It seems that I have been mistaken. The gold reward is indeed x3. I just logged on my Lordearon character to test it out.

Spoiler: Show

9. May 7, 2021  
    Well, idk what are the rates anymore, what I got on Icecream is:
    [Cooking Daily]

Lvl80
    displayed reward 5g 80s
    rewarded 35g 59s

Lvl76
    displayed reward 5g 80s
    rewarded 5g 80s + 110'950 XP

Something with xp to gold conversion. And looks like rates were silently changed at some point.