1. May 12, 2021  

Holy Spec: Glyph of Renew

Hi, I've been trying very hard to improve in my holy priest atm. So far, I found that the Renew Spam > Mending > COH playstyle seems to be the most effective in Raids. However, I'm still not satisfied with my current healing capacity.

I was recently trying out Glyph of Renew and wanted some insight into this glyph.. if its bad as many guides have said... or if its actually good?

2. May 12, 2021  
    If you're gauging yourself by HPS, don't. You'll do yourself a favor.
    What Glyph of Renew does is have Renew do its healing a little faster. It doesn't increase healing done per Renew cast. If anything, it's a pvp glyph.

3. May 13, 2021  
    If you're gauging yourself by HPS, don't. You'll do yourself a favor.
    What Glyph of Renew does is have Renew do its healing a little faster. It doesn't increase healing done per Renew cast. If anything, it's a pvp glyph.
    Well its a good glyph for pvp, that I definitely agree. But the reason, I wish to utilise this glyph is simply because, I find myself never using the full 15 renews due to Mending/COH coming of CD and the occassional need for Flash Heals in 25 man Raids.. And as long as I keep up like 10+ Renews on players, wouldn't the overall healing be much higher?

Like the only reason a non-glyphed player would beat me regarding renew is literally only if he can constantly blanket 15 people.. but that usually means he wouldn't be using Mending/COH on CD.. which would decrease he's heals by a lot.

4. May 13, 2021  
    I would say that depends on how much overlap you're having if you ever end up refreshing a Renew on a target that already has one. Which shouldn't be a concern in a 25-man raid. Then in a 10-man raid, you're going to be casting more Flash rather than Renew due to the nature of a 10-man raid size.

5. May 13, 2021  
    I would say that depends on how much overlap you're having if you ever end up refreshing a Renew on a target that already has one. Which shouldn't be a concern in a 25-man raid. Then in a 10-man raid, you're going to be casting more Flash rather than Renew due to the nature of a 10-man raid size.
    Well if theres a lot overlay, its better to have it glyphed. Oh and yea, in 10 mans, i usually pre-hot Renews and use Mending + COH on CD. It usually is enough to cover the damage. Unless I'm tank healing..

However, I came across an interesting perspective on Renew.

60 seconds Glyphed:
    0-12s - 1st Renew
    12-24s - 2nd Renew
    24-36s - 3rd Renew
    36-48s - 4th Renew
    48-60s - 5th Renew

60 Seconds Unglyphed:
    0-15s - 1st Renew
    15-30s - 2nd Renew
    30-45s - 3rd Renew
    45-60s - 4th Renew

If we assume the number of targets I'm going to Renew is the same. That is 10 players as Mending has a 10 second CD. And always keep these 10 players refreshed.. Wouldn't it be better for Total Healing as well Heals Per Second when Glyphed?

Current Spec: https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#bVcbuZfEzcbMqihhxuVo:fNdzcV
    Edited: June 22, 2021

6. May 13, 2021  
    Well if theres a lot overlap, its better to have it glyphed.
    That's the thing though. There won't be.

And always keep these 10 players refreshed.. Wouldn't it be better for Total Healing as well Heals Per Second when Glyphed?
    If you're healing a 10-man raid exclusively with Renew/PoM/CoH, you're not really being an effective healer. If you're talking about a 25-man raid group, why would you be concerned about trying to always heal the same 10 people? You're denying healing that could be useful to other people in the group. The only way this would have an impact on anything is if you're keeping a renew active on the tanks. A Renew on the tanks isn't likely to do much for them.

Being completely honest, I despise the Renew spam spec and I wish people wouldn't use it.

7. That's the thing though. There won't be.

If you're healing a 10-man raid exclusively with Renew/PoM/CoH, you're not really being an effective healer. If you're talking about a 25-man raid group, why would you be concerned about trying to always heal the same 10 people? You're denying healing that could be useful to other people in the group. The only way this would have an impact on anything is if you're keeping a renew active on the tanks. A Renew on the tanks isn't likely to do much for them.

Being completely honest, I despise the Renew spam spec and I wish people wouldn't use it.
    Hey Mercy, I created a new spec keeping what you said in mind.
    https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#bVcbuZfxtcbMqih0euVo:Nd0zcV I find this to be the best of both worlds. Renew when no one is taking damage, and hard healing when they do.