1. May 19, 2021  

5 Warlocks multibox question

Hi, I'm multiboxing for the first time and decided to do 5 Warlocks for fun. I was wondering what talent spec would be good for such a team? I've been thinking of Afflicition as I've been having a lot of fun applying 15 DoTs on mobs but was also thinking of running dungeons, so would maybe Demonology be better? Also, what should I do regarding professions? Thanks.

2. May 19, 2021  
    I haven't played 5 warlocks.

It doesn't feel like a too good team for a few reasons.

First of all for dungeons you can't use the LFG tool since all characters can only queue as dps. (this would be hard to solve since you would need to replace 2 warlocks so a big change in the team and the tank would be kinda useless outside of dungeons unless it is something like 2 druids or any healer+druid where druid goes resto or balance outside of dungeons)

No proper healing. You could change 1 warlock for a druid (or a priest) and you would have healing and wild growth is automatically used on the characters with lowest health. I feel like you want a healer for dungeons, you need a healer for healing the damage you deal to yourself with life tap and also it would probably be stronger in pvp.

I feel like the team won't be viable for dungeons and it won't be good for pvp (almost no healing, dots means enemies can still damage you compared to instant damage that takes out 1 enemy quickly to reduce enemy damage and CC, no fear removal, no dispel etc).
    Although with 1 other playing healing you and ~50k health and high resilience it could be a pretty scary team to face.

Anyway for 5 warlocks.
    I think 5 warlocks would probably struggle to beat bosses in northrend dungeons.

I think all 3 specs would work but demonology is probably the best one for dungeons to make pets a little more tanky with more threat.
    Outdoors I feel like affliction would be the most fun to play so you don't have to stop moving much, I don't think the dots require facing the target, can get mana from pet, instant aoe fear, has some decent life steal etc.
    I did try playing a dot team in classic wow tho and I hated it, a lot better to have the damage done instantly.

Engineering + Mining are good professions, it gives all the benefits of engineering and a health boost from mining. Generally this is the most suitable professions to get I think.
    Herbalism + Mining should be the easiest and cheapest ones to level and might be useful because of the lack of healing.
    Alchemy could be useful if you also want to generate gold from your profession and would give a slight increase in damage. (Engineering + Alchemy might be the best one but more costly and time consuming to get than mining)

I think you should make it so you can easily set focus target on all characters and then send your voidwalkers or felguards to attack the focus target. This would help in dungeons to spread out the damage of the enemies evenly between your pets. Alternatively do the same but use succubus to CC the enemies.
    Against bosses you probably just have to hope that they die before you die although you might want to go slow on dps so your pets are able to hold aggro.
    Edited: May 19, 2021

3. May 19, 2021  
    There was a guy playing this comp during tbc/wotlk on offi. You can find some of his post on dual boxing forums.

From what I remember he was mostly affli, sometimes demo just for cleawing lowbies with Felguards.

Lvled mostly via quests with ocassional try at dungeon when he was over geared/lvled, but once his voids died he was toast.
    As mentioned already he had to balance waiting for the voids to get aggro with dishing out enough dmg so the mobs die before the voids.
    Lack of healing meant mana/hp breaks, so dungeons were ultra slow + he usually lost most of the team on bosses.
    No ress + cd on SS meant long runs.

Best thing was on offi mobs sticked to you for longer time when you tried to run from them so grinding in high mob density areas was great. He just run and dotted everything, stopping only for mana/hp.
    Here however the mobs disengage too fast, so you risk using a lot of mana/hp on multi-dotting a mob that is going to evade or getting beated upon by hordes of mobs.

The comp when geared is ok-ish in wpvp and AV, but really dependant on the rest of the team.
    When he had a pocket healer or the team could establish a front line and he could just multi-dot from behind it was great and even deadlier than other comps.
    But when lvling/gearing up war/re3 + one decent healer could wreck his team just fine.

Due to uncertainity if he gets healed or not he ended up switching one of the lock for coh priest (when it didn't have cd). Now the rdruid would be prolly better as xandor says.

I have ppal + 3x shp + spirit demo at 80.
    When lvling lock was affli as it's spells matched better with what the shps have.
    I also switched one of the priest to disci when hitting 80 until about 4,8-5k GS on the tank then went back to shadow.
    Vampiric embrance + JoL + SoL combination can keep the tank alive through most RHCs. When it gets bad I just pop 3x renew and CD on the pal and back to dpsing.
    Mind Sear is also way better than Seed.
    Also as already mentioned this comp is viable for insta proc RDFs which is how I mostly lvled. Priests were mana hungry thou until getting and using Dispersion on CD at 60.

Big disadvantage for both comps is the shared loot and squishines of cloth if you plan on pvping.
    I'm pve only so squishines was no prob until recently when I started to pull aggro with the priests. Should be fixed by adjusting talents from MB to Shadow Affinity, but I don't have 4xT10 yet.
    One of the tactic for the priests was spamming Devouring Plague as it does pretty high instant dmg then finishing with SW:D, but that is very mana intensive.
    Locks could have Immolate -> Conflagrate -> Shadow Burn, but Immolate has cast time and other two CD.

Also for the lock it is hard to manage it's rotation at 80.
    As affli you watch for Nightfall procs.
    As demo you watch for the Molten Core buff for Incinerates when target is > 35%
    Under 35% you need to keep dots up and Soul Fire, but it gets hard when switching targets as you may loose Decimation and start casting 6s Soulfire that will consume a shard.
    Destro is easies to macro, but also worst of the 3 specs and brings no buffs.

I keep my lock as demo anly for the SP buff, ignore MC procs and SF on trash. On RHC bosses I just switch to SF spam at 35% and ignore the falling dots ( boss is dead anyway within 30s). But his dps is about 15-20% lower than the priests even when his GS is higher.