1. June 4, 2021  

Bugged UI on Oculus and Abo (PP)

So this is a bug that I always had, on Oculus when calling the drake, sometimes the drake UI doesn't appear, or it appears without abilities.
    Usually with a /reload it fix it by itself.
    Sometimes when I dismount, I the drake UI goes away but I see my action bars empty, so again /reload.

The fact is I need to do the Abo on Putricide very often, and 90% of times the UI bugs itself, and /reload does literally nothing. Either I see the Abo UI without the 3 spells, or I see nothing just like the pic I attach here.

If someone has a clue about what could be the issue that would be great since its becoming a nightmare.
    And yes, I tried with all add-ons disabled, I use only Grid and few others.

This is the case where the Abo UI doesn't even appear. And you may think it's a visual bug, no, if I press 1 on the pool it does nothing, so yeah thats a big problem.
    Pic:

2. July 3, 2021  
    EDIT: Maybe I solvedit, it could be Grid. That's odd since I remember to have done it without addons.
    Anyway, I noticed Grid bugs the UI pretty often and takes a while to "update" (like when you get grouped into a raid), so yeah Im looking for another similar addon (not xperl, too heavy,I want something "minimal").

Let me know if you have some tips!
    Edited: July 3, 2021

3. July 4, 2021  

4. July 5, 2021  

5. July 8, 2021  
    Tried with VuHDo, got bugged first time, the next two were fine.
    I don't know if this has something to do with it, but the first time I went straight to the table and clicked it (Got bugged). The following times I waited like 20 seconds of Putricide in combat, and then I clicked on the table and surprisely it didnt bug and I was able to do it.

It might be just a coincidence, but yeah definitely it isn't the addon, or the cache, to me it sounds like a private server issue, I can't believe no one has this problem.
    I don't expect to get a solution, but I hoped to find at least someone with my same exact problem :S This is very odd

6. July 8, 2021  
    It usually buggs if you use some shapeshifting buffs - bear form, muradin's favour, nogen foger elexir, shadow form(priest).

7. July 8, 2021  
    Are you using addon for the actionbars or binds?
    Some of them are setting and using bindings themselves on secondary (own) frames every time entering/leaving vehicles
    The problem is that this should be done out of combat and usually when you are drinking to become abomination when the update event triggers it's right after the boss is pulled (in combat)so they are simply not updated and you can't even press the buttons because they are not set-up
    I'm not sure, but think that this involves SnowfallKeyPress as well
    Edit: yes, it does
    if(InCombatLockdown())then
    return;
    end
    the difference is that with snowfallkeypress only you will still see the bar, but binds will be inactive (only clickable, not bount to keys)

Either drink before the boss is pulled or find and disable the addon
    Edited: July 8, 2021

8. July 8, 2021  
    It usually buggs if you use some shapeshifting buffs - bear form, muradin's favour, nogen foger elexir, shadow form(priest).
    I do it only with my Warrior since I'm playing it Tank at the moment. I am in Defensive Stance, with no shapeshift. Also when I dismount the Abo, or I get dispelled, I go back to warrior normal action bars, but again there is only autoattack on 1 and im not in any Stance.

Are you using addon for the actionbars or binds?
    Some of them are setting and using bindings themselves on secondary (own) frames every time entering/leaving vehicles
    The problem is that this should be done out of combat and usually when you are drinking to become abomination when the update event triggers it's right after the boss is pulled (in combat)so they are simply not updated and you can't even press the buttons because they are not set-up
    I'm not sure, but think that this involves SnowfallKeyPress as well
    Edit: yes, it does
    if(InCombatLockdown())then
    return;
    end
    the difference is that with snowfallkeypress only you will still see the bar, but binds will be inactive (only clickable, not bount to keys)

Either drink before the boss is pulled or find and disable the addon
    Not using SnowFallKeyPress, the only thing I use was Grid but I replaced it with VuHDo and still got the problem. About action bar, I have ABS (Action Bar Saver) but as far as I know unless you trigger some "save" or "restore" it shouldn't affect the action bars? Like, it should be idle in background.
    I really don't know what to think.
    The sad thing is I can't test it on my free time, I can just prey while doing PP, and if it fails it is 90% of times RO, so I don't have that much time to test it, like a recount on the Stormwind's Dummy.

Also, how can I drink before pull? If I go near table I automatically aggro the boss??

9. July 8, 2021  
    It's not ABS, just checked it on github.
    I'm not familiar with grid/vuhdo since never used any of them but pretty sure if that was the case more people will come with same problem
    It will be easier if you post list of all active addons you had/have when problem occurs

10. July 9, 2021  
    It's not ABS, just checked it on github.
    I'm not familiar with grid/vuhdo since never used any of them but pretty sure if that was the case more people will come with same problem
    It will be easier if you post list of all active addons you had/have when problem occurs
    The thing is, as alrady said, I tried with all addons disabled (I clearly remember I told the raid I was going to relog to avoid the bug), so I don't really thing it's an addon issue. More likely a server bug, that either is RNG, or needs a specific workaround to avoid it correctly, like I don't know, click when the boss is 95% health, let's say for example.

More than deleteing the cache folder I don't know what to do on my side. I will try again with 0 addons and eventually record it so you can see the whole thing.

11. July 9, 2021  
    The thing is that even if you disable addon some settings will remain active if they are stored as global variable so addon can play with them previously (disabled by default, enabled by addon and on event or whatever trigger). All information I was able to find about similar "problems" including either elvui or similar full UI/bar addons and mainly warriors' bonus action bars (stance bars)

Either wipe the savedvariables and try again on warrior to see if that will fix it or don't touch anything and try on class without special action bars (stances)
    Edited: July 9, 2021

12. July 9, 2021  
    Sad to hear you're still strughling with the issue.
    I myself never bug out on the abom.
    Not as war, pala, druid, dk etc.

Addons i use are the following:
    Dbm
    Details
    Ulvui
    Weak aura's
    Vuhdo

I also use new models

Maybe it's your game file.
    Try redownloading it.

I hope you'll fix it soon

13. July 9, 2021  
    Ok I might have a good idea to test it. Clicking the table without any stance. The only time I get the "no stance" bars (which has only autoattack on first slot), is when I exit from a vehicle and it bugs.

So, as far as I know, there is no way to remove the stance from Warrior, you always are in 1,2 or 3.

Can a lua script or something, make the char to exit from ALL the stances? In that way I am pretty sure it doesn't count as shapeshifted toon, and I can click the table safely. I don't know if it could work, but trying it doesn't hurt.

Obviously there is no buff about stances so there might be another way to force the exit from the stance. Any ideas?

14. July 9, 2021  
    Okay, definitely I can't remove the warrior's stance, it is something that shouldn't be allowed in game, so my guess is trying clicking in stance: 1 (battle), maybe doing it in stance: 2 (def) bugs the action bar thinking Abo is in stance: 2 or something.

It would be awesome if some GM in the spare time could make some tests. As already said it's not the Stormwind Dummy so I, can't do it to spot where is the problem.

15. Update: I thought about the Stance thing, shadowpriest in shadowform, elixirs and stuff, so since I can't un-shapeshift from my warrior, I tried to do it with my shadowpriest.
    Out of shadowform.

Same-Exact-Result.

Now I don't know what's happening but definitely it isn't a stance problem. I have now a macro that prints on screen in what form am I, something like /run print(GetShapeshiftForm()))

I really wish developers/gm could make some tests because this is driving me crazy, and yes same thing happens on oculus if this can help.

12 Last