1. Why are there so little mining nodes on this server?

Hi, the title say it all.

Pit

2. Because everybody are mining.

3. Because everybody are mining.
    If everybody mines, then we need more filles nodes.
    If I look at https://wotlkdb.com/?zone=45#show:vein:mithril-deposit I see 290 nodes. If I get 8 mithril ore from it I have a very good day. To little!

Pit
    Edited: June 10, 2021

4. If everybody mines, then we need more filles nodes.
    If I look at https://wotlkdb.com/?zone=45#show:vein:mithril-deposit I see 290 nodes. If I get 8 mithril ore from it I have a very good day. To little!

Pit
    Last time I was in Arathi Highlands as Horde, there were 7 level 80 players. I quested around and saw none of them. I wonder if they were mining on the edges of the map. Could also assume there's same amount of Alliance players mining the same nodes. So assumed 14 players, with 100% mounts, probably some of them were paladins with crusader aura, cruising around map chasing ores. Having 290 spawn points doesn't mean there are 290 nodes at the same time. Probably only 10% of that, I'm just making this up btw. Meaning 14 players are chasing 29 nodes, constantly placing them on respawn timer. Not to mention those being mithril nodes, and mithril is expensive due to it's supply and demand.

More nodes? More bots.

Next time you can't farm something, buy it from AH. If you can't afford buying it from AH, farm something else for the gold.

Ohie

5. In the old days it used to be like this:

Multiple spawn locations exist in an area (300). Out of those, let's say 5% (15) have spawned in a given moment.

When someone mines a node, it causes another node to spawn somewhere else, keeping the total number of "active" (spawned) nodes constant throughout the area.

This just slightly changes the distribution of spawned nodes around the area, but in general, moving around doesn't really guarantee you any better results, in case there are also other people moving around. However, if you are (almost) alone, moving around gives you a better chance to find other nodes - because they wouldn't just spawn on a timer.

This is how it used to be, but not sure if/how it is here and now.

6. Because that one particular mine is needed for some set of transmog which everybody wants. So bots and other people farm it --> sell on ah for ridiculous price.