1. Glowing Twilight Scale - how it works!

Hello everyone, in this short guide i will explain to you how Glowing Twilight Scale(Normal version) and Glowing Twilight Scale(Heroic version) works so there won't be any confusion about this trinket and it's healing on the raid.

- Trinket tooltip: READ IT!
    Spoiler: Show
    For the next 15 sec, each time your direct healing spells heal a target you cause the target of your heal to heal themselves and friends within 10 yards for X amount each sec for 6 sec.

- Now after you have read the tooltip, let's explain how it works:

To make this as simple as much as i can, i will use example with 3 people only. There will be Target 1, Target 2 and Target 3.

Target 1 is using Glowing Twilight Scale and he gains buff Eyes of Twilight that lasts for 15 seconds. Target 1 is casting direct healing spell on Target 2 and Target 3 is in 10 yard range from Target 2. Once Target 2 recived direct healing spell from Target 1 he gains buff Twilight Renewal that lasts 6 seconds and, since Target 3 was in 10 yards range from Target 2, Target 3 gains Twilight Renewal that lasts 6 seconds as well. Now we have Target 2 and Target 3 with Twilight Renewal buff that lasts 6 seconds. That Twilight Renewal will heal only individuals meaning Target 2 will heal himself for 356 (Normal Glowing Twilight Scale) or 402 (Heroic Glowing Twilight Scale) every second for 6 seconds, and Target 3 will heal himself for 356 (Normal Glowing Twilight Scale) or 402 (Heroic Glowing Twilight Scale) every second for 6 seconds! If in those 6 seconds, Target 1 casts another direct healing spell on Target 2, Twilight Renewal is ONLY going to refresh it's duration, it's NOT goint to stack with previous!

Twilight Renewal healing is INDIVIDUAL, it will heal only the target that is affected with the buff for 356 (Normal Glowing Twilight Scale) or 402 (Heroic Glowing Twilight Scale) every second for 6 seconds!

Combat log that show Twilight Renewal healing on two people with the Twilight Renewal buff and that are close to each other:

Player 1 combat log and Player 2 combat log, in this case Player 2 used Glowing Twilight Scale(Heroic version)

Note: healing showed here is on holy paladin, when holy paladin uses Glowing Twilight Scale with Divinity 5/5 (5% increased healing by paladin and on paladin) talent,
    Improved Devotion Aura
    3/3 (6% increased healing) talent - That is why number is 469 (16% more then tooltip healing since paladin gets 5% more healing from first part of Divinity and 5% more from second part of Divinity + 6% from
    Improved Devotion Aura
    ) instead of trinket tooltip number 402 since healing incrising cooldowns, talents and buff-s increase Twilight Renewal healing amount.

- Maximum healing that trinket can do without any % healing increase talents, buff-s, cooldowns:

Glowing Twilight Scale(Normal version) : Total 21 second of Twilight Renewal on 25 people: 356 * 21 seconds * 25 people = 186,900 total healing.

Glowing Twilight Scale(Heroic version): Total 21 second of Twilight Renewal on 25 people: 402 * 21 seconds * 25 people = 211,050 total healing.

Note: This is how it would be if we lived in a perfect world, but we don't, so 99.99% of the time we are not going to get this amount of healing from a single use of Glowing Twilight Scale since most of it's healing will be overhealing.

- How to properly use and maximize the trinket healing:

First of all, you want to use trinket when there is huge AOE damage incoming!

You don't want to overlap the use of trinket with other people that have the trinket as well, since that will lower your trinket healing output and as well from others (your healing will become overhealing since other people used the trinket as well and now we have a lot of healing at the same time)! And you might lack that trinket healing later as it's often case, for example, in Ruby Sanctum raid on Halion boss while inside shadow realm moving from cutters. So its always the best to assign who will use when the trinket!

Once you used the trinket and gained Eyes of Twilight buff, you want to immediately use some instant direct healing spell (holy paladin - Holy Shock, discipline priest with Glyph of Power Word: Shield - Power Word: Shield, resto druid - Swiftmend, resto shaman - Riptide (i need to check if Riptide procs Twilight Renewal), holy priest - Circle of Healing) - Those spells i personaly use (except Riptide, since i don't have resto shaman atm to play on it). Don't use Nature's Swiftness + some direct healing spell if you are resto druid or resto shaman to proc Twilight Renewal on people since you might need that cooldown for instant heal on the tank or the raid member/members

Since Eyes of Twilight buff last for 15 seconds, and Twilight Renewal lasts for 6 seconds, you want to refresh Twilight Renewal atleast every 6 seconds (When Eyes of Twilight is on 15 seconds, next time when its on 9 seconds, next time when its on 3 seconds, and the last time when Eyes of Twilight is about to expire! since you will lose Eyes of Twilight but people will still have Twilight Renewal after that!) So use Glowing Twilight Scale, use atleast every 6 seconds some direct healing spell and make sure to use direct healing spell right before Eyes of Twilight is going to expire. If you do it properly, there will be 21 seconds of Twilight Renewal healing on the people.

Of course use Glowing Twilight Scale when people are stacked (in those 10 yards range)

Try to use Glowing Twilight Scale in the same time with some healing incrising cooldown since healing incrising cooldowns, talents increase Twilight Renewal healing amount!

If i forgot to add something, i will add it later.

- Misconception about Glowing Twilight Scale healing:

If it was like this: I'm healing you and you are healing me, math would be then 402*2 = 804 healing on me and 402*2 = 804 healing on you. If i add 3rd guy in this, then all of us would be reciving 402*3 = 1206 healing each second, all 3 of us. For 25 people that healing would be 10050 on everyone, every second for 21 seconds, which is in total 5,276,250 healing, which is insane - and ofc not true. Twilight Renewal does't work like that! (I'm using Heroic Glowing Twilight Scale tooltip healing for this math)

Twilight Renewal doesn't stack with each other, it only refresh it's duration every time you cast direct healing spell on someone! (I'm speaking now only for your Twilight Renewal). Ofc if two or more people use Glowing Twilight Scale and they spread Twilight Renewal on people, we will have then two or more Twilight Renewal buff-s on people.

Judgement of Light doesn't proc Twilight Renewal on people!

Spell power doesn't increase healing from Twilight Renewal! Only thing that increase Twilight Renewal healing are % healing incrising talents, buff-s, cooldowns!

Example with holy paladins: I see a lot of people mentioning how holy paladin with Beacon of Light + Holy Light + Glyph of Holy Light is spreading Twilight Reneval on 7 people with 1 cast of Holy Light and how Twilight Renewal is healing then for 150k healing per second. IT'S NOT TRUE, as long as people in the raid are stacked, any direct healing ability will have same effect as any other direct healing ability! As long 25 people are stacked, only 1 cast of any direct healing ability is enough to spread Twilight Renewal on all of those 25 people!

Now i will explain to you, what makes paladin the best and in which scenario:

As you can see on the picture, there are 2 groups (One mele group that is standing around the boss and one range group that is standing away for the boss). With holy paladin, when he has Beacon of Light on the tank and he is casting for example Holy Light on himself or on someone from range group, both groups will get Twilight Renewal beacose Beacon of Light is considered direct healing ability and it will proc the Twilight Renewal. This is the only thing that is superior vs. other healing classes/specs.

- Talents, buff-s, cooldowns that increase Glowing Twilight Scale healing:

Hellscream's Warsong - Icecrown Citadel (Horde) zone buff

Strength of Wrynn - Icecrown Citadel (Aliance) zone buff

Divinity - Holy tree talent for paladins

Improved Devotion Aura - Protection tree talent for paladins

Tree of Life - Restoration tree talent for druids

Master Shapeshifter - Restoration tree talent for druids

Divine Hymn - Priest spell

Focused Power - Discipline tree talent for priests

Avenging Wrath - Paladin spell

Divine Illumination while paladin has x2 T10 set for Divine Illumination - Paladin spell combined with T10 x2 set bonus

Blessed Resilience - Holy tree talent for priests

Guardian Spirit - Holy tree talent for priests

Purification - Restoration tree talent for shamans

Spell power doesn't increase healing from Twilight Renewal! Only thing that increase Twilight Renewal healing are % healing incrising talents, buff-s, cooldowns!

Edited: June 20, 2021 Reason: STILL WORK IS PROGRES BTW !!!

2. All true, Twilight Renewal description might be misleading: " Healing nerby friends for X every sec." which is not true. Some1 while having Eyes of Twilight and casting a direct heal on target, is just placing Twilight Renewal on target and every1 withing 10 yards from the target. Description could be "Healing for X every sec." and it would be more specific.
    Also, when you have to use GTS while people are not stacked, make sure to throw a direct healing on few ppl in a row, like 1 on some meele and other cast on ranged so you cover most of the people with buff.
    Edited: June 20, 2021

3. May 31, 2022  

- Maximum healing that trinket can do without any % healing increase talents, buff-s, cooldowns:

Glowing Twilight Scale(Normal version) : Total 21 second of Twilight Renewal on 25 people: 356 * 21 seconds * 25 people = 186,900 total healing.

Glowing Twilight Scale(Heroic version): Total 21 second of Twilight Renewal on 25 people: 402 * 21 seconds * 25 people = 211,050 total healing.
    Too late but I would edit you on this.... These 21 seconds minus the time required for your first cast to actually proc it. The trinket doens't proc heal by activation but activation + direct heal. In additional this math is correct only if the whole raid is at 10 yards or less from each other so you can affect the whole raid by just 1 cast.

4. July 8, 2023  
    Will this work for a Warlock and result in more healing for the lock? (drain life, death coil)