1. Don't delete your cloaks!

Hi!

Midfire Festival is up, and the event rdf is available. Since the 232ilvl cloak can be obtained from the boss, don't do something stupid like deleting/selling/disenchanting your Naxx cloak! Last year, some people did this mistake, and the warmane staff disabled the cloaks. Then the forums were filled with people moaning about their cloaks. As funny as those were, I assume most of you wouldn't want to be victims of this misunderstanding. So, yeah, don't be one of those guys!

Edited: June 26, 2022

2. In case some of you don't know, last year there was a scandal on Frostmourne. People participated in the event rdf, obtained the 232ilvl cloaks and replaced their current ilvl213 with the superior ones. The problem was that it wasn't intended for players to have a dungeon item, which was better than the one from a 25-man raid boss. So, after a few days the option to wear the superior cloaks was disabled, and people had to wait for ToC to use them again. The issue began with some people assuming that they would always be able to wear the Ahune cloaks, so they removed their old ones and got ****ed at the end.

I was fortunate to win a caster cloak on my boomie. As you can see in the following pic, I am able to wear it:

However, I am not going to delete my old cloak, because I suspect that the same thing from last year will happen again. I'm going to keep it until Ulduar hits Frostmourne. It's better to be safe than sorry. That's my advice to everyone, who reads this thread.
    Edited: June 21, 2021

3. As it was expected:

I hope there aren't (that m)any players, who got screwed from this.

4. Cloak drop?

Did they disable the drops from Ahune entirely? This morning he was dropping the cloaks and they announced that we cant use them but now he does not drop anything at all.

5. Yes, they disabled cloak drops. I find that unfair to be honest, as many people got their cloaks last night and they will be in advantage when cloaks will be able to equip. Being Frostmourne a competitive server, i think the right thing to do is either remove cloaks at all or let them drop and not be equipped, like last year. This solution is not fair for everyone.

6. So, you are telling me that they already had problems during the first season, and now they have the same problem again. Well ... I won't say any of this that maybe I'll get banned if I say what I think of making the same mistake twice.

I already sold my old cloak (it was not naxx) and now I don't have a cloak.

Excellent work Warmane Staff.

I clarify: it is my first time playing in Warmane

7. Thanks for the answer man. Cloaks being not equippable is fine but disabling the drop completely is kinda unfair i agree.

8. Yea this post is to late... I already got the cloak on two of my characters and sold/de'd the old one's... I didn't play this server last year and I don't check the forums... So now my toons are just screwed till the reset... By the time this was posted I had already had both capes and destroyed my old one's... If the devs knew this was going to happen why allow it again...

9. Yea this post is to late... I already got the cloak on two of my characters and sold/de'd the old one's... I didn't play this server last year and I don't check the forums... So now my toons are just screwed till the reset... By the time this was posted I had already had both capes and destroyed my old one's... If the devs knew this was going to happen why allow it again...
    Are you talking about my post?

I created it right after the event launched. It's a different topic if people don't go to the forums and read the recent news.

Come to think of it, it might have been a good idea to post my thread on warmane's unofficial discord channel. It could have prevented some unwanted cases, because people would have seen my post and would have prolly spread the news among their fellow guild mates.

10. IMHO, there is no other person to blame except greedy players. How it can not be obvious, that 5ppl 232 cloak is out of place in 213/226 tier phase is beyond my understanding. Especialy when they sell/DE them. Hell, even on Icecrown ("clown" how some elitiest moonshine weed-high persons love to name it) i tend to keep in bank lots of previous pieces of gear for insurance. How can it not happen on such realm as Frostmourne?

11. I am a new player in Warmane, and although it seemed strange to me that a 232 cape could be obtained; I did not see any problem since it is part of the event. Let's remember that from what the old players say, this already happened in the 1st season. How hard was it for them (the Warmane Staff) to change the boss's loot?, or cancel the event, or withdraw the event, or at least give an announcement or notice. Well... they're tripping over the same stone twice.

12. This is exactly it. If its happened already they should have been ready and aware that it was going to happen again. They could have saved themselves the hassle if they made an announcement or just took the event out or changed the loot before people could get a hold of a cape... Saying people are greedy or foolish is really easy when you were here last year and probably did the same **** so now you get to feel all high and mighty. It's pretty wild to have the opinion of you should have known when you have zero reference for how things work on this server and if you hold onto old gear just incase like just incase of what lol... Why would I ever question that a piece of gear i've obtained can be taken away from me? I got a huge upgrade for my rogue in the form of the cape and a more mild upgrade on my Lock but I'm an enchanter i'm not going to hold onto the piece when I can have an abyss shard...This whole situation is crazy and its annoying that I lose a piece of gear and I have to wait around to hear from a Gm to get pieces restored when they could have stopped the event from going live or wiped the loot table early. Its 100% on the devs of this server.

13. I have an urge to express my opinion about the whole fiasco. The way I see it, both sides have the right to defend themselves and are at fault at the same time.

Let's start from the beginning. Here are two threads from last year, where people complained about being screwed by the design flaw:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=422192
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=422188

If someone bothers to read the first one, you would see me posting there as well. Back then, it was quite ridiculous to act cocky, to demand a compensation from the warmane staff and to behave as if you are a customer and that company owes you something (check the first page to see what I mean). To posts with similar content I responded with the following:

Wasn't it strange, that you had the possibility to kill a mob, that dropped a cloak way better than any other currently in Frostmourne?

I have tailoring and I can tell you something about the two epic cloak recipes. Those require a huge time investment and a lot of resources - one of them wants the tailor to do the LOREMASTER achievement for Northrend, while the other requires Northrend dungeoneer. Could you imagine how much effort it would take to obtain them? And their ilvl is only 200.

Now let's talk Naxxramas. Think about the boss, that drops your BiS cloak. Think about the bosses you have to kill prior to him. Think about the BUFFED mechanics you have to avoid. Think about how hard it is to assemble a group of 25 people and to distribute the loot among the players. Wasn't it strange, that a cloak from a 5-man dungeon event was easier to obtain and it offered an upgrade over a raid cloak? Who could have participated in that event? Everyone that were lvl 80? How many 80s have the possibility to enter Naxx raids? Exactly. Now, knowing this, it should have been obvious, that the upgraded gear wasn't intended and the devs would have done sth about it sooner or later. Yes, they made a design mistake by implementing a loot table, which wasn't suited for the current patch. But such accidents are to be expected in a seasonal server with 3.3.5 talent trees and 3.3.5 locked instances. Also, bugs occur.

If I were you, I wouldn't have sold/disenchanted my old cloak knowing, that something was iffy. I admit I would have also used the new cloak, but I would have expected it to last until the end of the event, not permanently. There was no real reason to get rid of your past cloaks. The logic you try to defend is only applicable, when the said item is planned to stay in the game. You got screwed, because YOU ASSUMED it would stay. No one forced you to sell/disenchant your old cloaks, you did it on your own.
    Fast forward to the end of the event last year: No cloaks were restored, and lessons were learnt. Or, at the very least, one would assume that to be the case.

Yesterday, the same bug skipped through the devs' attention, and history repeated itself. As I've said at the beginning, I have split opinion on the matter. On the one hand, the devs should have been aware of what had happened last year and done everything they could, in order to prevent it. On the other hand, knowing what had happened last time, players should have been aware, and they should have warned the newcomers, who hadn't experienced it before.

So, what now? Honestly, I don't expect that something would change this time around. I think people would have to accept the loss and move on. This will have an effect on warmane's reputation (if they care enough about it); I suspect how people would bash them on reddit and on other sites, which could discourage some players from joining the server and decrease the influx of donations. VVould it matter, though? VVarmane is a free server, and as such it provides free entertainment. The service might not correspond to one's expectations, but knowing how it's funded by charity and not by the government, knowing how there aren't any subscription fees to be forced upon the players, we can't actually demand anything. I remain critical to this design flaw and to their lack of awareness, it would have been better to at least apologise to the people affected by it instead of doing things silently and making a general announcement ingame, but eh - warmane pays with its reputation. That's something, which they need to be worried about.

As for the "victims" - just clear Naxx 25 and do the daily rdf hc and event rdf for EoVs! You'll get a cloak in no time. Not to mention, Ulduar is around the corner, so you'll upgrade it soon.

14. You can't expect players that are playing for the first time here to come to the forum and search for 1 year old threads talking about every little thing that occurs to them ingame... It's absurd and not what a gaming experience should be like. Dev's just shouldn't have let the SAME thing happen and that's it, they had plenty of time. As for now, the least they could do is remove the cloaks from the people who got them last night, or let cloaks keep dropping, as there will be a clear advantage for people who got them when ToC patch comes out.

15. You can't expect players that are playing for the first time here to come to the forum and search for 1 year old threads talking about every little thing that occurs to them ingame... It's absurd and not what a gaming experience should be like. Dev's just shouldn't have let the SAME thing happen and that's it, they had plenty of time. As for now, the least they could do is remove the cloaks from the people who got them last night, or let cloaks keep dropping, as there will be a clear advantage for people who got them when ToC patch comes out.
    Facuazzi2, my previous post answered most of the things you said here, but regarding your first sentence - please take a look at my original post and see when it was created.

12 Last