1. Questions about the Factions, roles and classes

Hello guys, how are you?

Well, as the tittle suggests, i would like to know more about the factions on Icecrown. Im a player from Lordareon and, because of work, i cant seem to keep up with its slow pace rithym. So, i decided to join the icecrown realm.

But, before i start here, i would like to know more about the factions, rolls and classes, so let me ask something:

1 - Faction wise, which side has more players around Americas timezone? (im from south america, so i would to join a faction with more players from these timezones).

2 - Which roles do you think we lack the most? (im used to tank, but all suggestions are welcome)

3 - Which classes do you suggest for these rolls from question 2?

I know i might me asking too much, but i really wanna know more before joining, so thanks guys in advance!

2. 2. Tanks and healers.
    3.0 Tanks: Paladin/DK > Druid, don't bother with Warrior unless you have a guild to back it up and bring your own tanking experience.
    3.1 Healers: TBH, any. Discipline is sought after, but can only fit 1 regardless of raid size. Shamans can go with anything, and they're desired as healer as their DPS specs are subpar and to provide Hero/Blood Lust, good heals. Holy Paladins are Holy Paladins, big heals and utility. Restoration Druids are your HoT machines with Combat Ress and few other buffs, consider Balance or Feral OS for 10 mans.

3. Thanks man for the insight. Since i dont have a lv 55 character ill go with paladins then. But what about the factions themselves? Which side is less toxic and which side has more players from the Americas?

4. Hey, OP.

If you are looking for a guild with a convenient raiding schedule for you, I'd advise you to look at some articles in the "Recruitment" section. I haven't played on IC for a very long time, but to my knowledge there isn't a huge player gap between both factions. According to warmane's statistics, horde players represent 52-55% of the general population. Of course, Alliance is a faction, which is well known to support the pvp scene, so a big portion of its players might be only interested in pvp, but imho you shouldn't face any problems finding a pve guild there. As long as you are planning to raid consistently. there will always be a spot for you - ESPECIALLY if you are planning to play as a tank. Regardless what realm you pick and regardless what faction you support, the role priority will always be: tanks > healers > dps.

[edit]
    Which side is less toxic and which side has more players from the Americas?
    There's no such thing as "toxic community" or "toxic faction". You can find all kinds of players wherever you decide to play.
    Edited: July 10, 2021