1. Player accusing me wrongfully of ninja'ing.

So at the end of this ICC raid, the leader rolls the marks which are usable for my class as well. I win the roll, and I go directly to upgrade the t10 legs. Some guy who lost the roll starts calling me a ninja and says he is going to report me because all the t10 pieces I had on me were already sanctified. I nicely told him I am using a pair of legs that are just a little bit better than the normal t10 ones, but worse than the sanctified ones(the one I upgraded as soon as i got the mark, which I am using at the moment).
    He then goes on telling me he will report me and bla-bla despite me explaining him nicely the situation, that I actually DO need that mark for my MS.
    Should I be worried? I see a lot of people throwing 'this guy's a ninja that guy's a ninja', but should i take print-screens of our convo just in case?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Why are you even worrying about it if you did nothing wrong?

But something doesn't fit, how can some random item be better than T10 part unless you already had 4 T10 parts and I don't know a single spec that uses 5/5 T10(frost DK maybe? idk). That's why the guy was angry I bet, he thinks item is just wasted on you. But it wont get you banned, unless there were raid loot rules you broke.

3. angrylol: When for example using T10,5 gloves instead of nonset and now you switch to T10,5 legs and change gloves to nonset? :-)

4. Sure, but we dont know that, we dont know what spec he is and what set parts he "needs". If hes a boomy and he wastes Mark to sanctify his pants, lol ofc some guys will get mad.

In any case, if it's an upgrade then there is no worry, unless raid had different rules.

5. Why are you even worrying about it if you did nothing wrong?

But something doesn't fit, how can some random item be better than T10 part unless you already had 4 T10 parts and I don't know a single spec that uses 5/5 T10(frost DK maybe? idk). That's why the guy was angry I bet, he thinks item is just wasted on you. But it wont get you banned, unless there were raid loot rules you broke.
    I am not necessarily worried, since I am using that item as an upgrade.
    It was on an unholy spec'd dk, and I have decided to replace my Scourge Reaver's Legplates with the sanctified t10 ones because of the expertise. I noticed I a lot of my attacks are being dodged, sometimes my plague strike ability which is annoying. I will be using these legs until I get a heroic version of the Scourge Reaver; but until then, I'll choose the t10 ones because I am finally expertise cap'd and I feel my dps rotation is healthier this way.
    And the raid GS average was +6k. Marks were being rolled as free roll (ex: ROLL Mark of x), there were people in the raid who had full heroic t10 and still rolled for it, probably for their os, I don't know. I happened to have won the mark and actually using it.
    Edited: July 11, 2021

6. I am not necessarily worried, since I am using that item as an upgrade.
    It was on an unholy spec'd dk, and I have decided to replace my Scourge Reaver's Legplates with the sanctified t10 ones because of the expertise. I noticed I a lot of my attacks are being dodged, sometimes my plague strike ability which is annoying. I will be using these legs until I get a heroic version of the Scourge Reaver; but until then, I'll choose the t10 ones because I am finally expertise cap'd and I feel my dps rotation is healthier this way.
    And the raid GS average was +6k. Marks were being rolled as free roll (ex: ROLL Mark of x), there were people in the raid who had full heroic t10 and still rolled for it, probably for their os, I don't know. I happened to have won the mark and actually using it.
    I can see this going both ways.

You already had 264 ilvl pants, and you need rolled for an item, that upgrades weaker 251 ilvl pants into 264 ilvl pants (equal to your current), basically you could say extra step to your your own preferred play style, not an upgrade. Not really an upgrade on ilvl regard, and I believe ilvl is usually the factor what determines if item is better on RDF/PUG scene. Min-maxing is secondary. So depending on Warmane's stance on min-maxing with same ilvl items, and who reads and how he interprets the ticket, and how in general they view the situation, you may or may not end up banned. Don't be too surprised if you do.
    Technically you just prevented somebody from obtaining direct upgrade item (251 -> 264), while you switched to another 264 ilvl (264 -> 251 -> 264)..

Was it really stated a free roll, or was it more of a MS roll?

Raid's average GS, and their gear doesn't matter. And note that some may have changed their MS to roll for their OS, which is fine and allowed most raids. So people needing for "OS" may have been OK'd in a sense.

7. I can see this going both ways.

You already had 264 ilvl pants, and you need rolled for an item, that upgrades weaker 251 ilvl pants into 264 ilvl pants (equal to your current), basically you could say extra step to your your own preferred play style, not an upgrade. Not really an upgrade on ilvl regard, and I believe ilvl is usually the factor what determines if item is better on RDF/PUG scene. Min-maxing is secondary. So depending on Warmane's stance on min-maxing with same ilvl items, and who reads and how he interprets the ticket, and how in general they view the situation, you may or may not end up banned. Don't be too surprised if you do.
    Technically you just prevented somebody from obtaining direct upgrade item (251 -> 264), while you switched to another 264 ilvl (264 -> 251 -> 264)..

Raid's average GS, and their gear doesn't matter. And note that some may have changed their MS to roll for their OS, which is fine and allowed most raids. So people needing for "OS" may have been OK'd in a sense.
    This seems rather weird, since I've seen doing better in terms of dps, but I guess the GM will be the decider of that.
    And the marks were kind of free rolls. Like I've said, it went like "ROLL Mark of x", no "ms" or "os". Every other item was first rolled for ms, then os. But the marks were not. And since I had the normal t10 legs in my inventory, I thought I would try my luck and see if I can upgrade it.
    I don't see how I am to be blamed for this when I won something fair and square which I also use, but again, that's up to the GM's.
    Thanks for the answers.

8. I can see this going both ways.

^ this

I have read old forum posts, where Obnoxious explained that ilvl was taken into consideration alongside MS. Regardless, it really, really, really depends on how the GM evaluates the situation. OP might not get banned if that accuser didn't file a proper report.

9. ^ this

I have read old forum posts, where Obnoxious explained that ilvl was taken into consideration alongside MS. Regardless, it really, really, really depends on how the GM evaluates the situation. OP might not get banned if that accuser didn't file a proper report.
    Honestly, I don't know how this works because I don't use iLvl addons, I am just using GS.
    Again, I see this as an upgrade, since my dps rotation is better and I have overall a better dps during a boss encounter. But that's just my opinion I guess.
    Again, thank you all for the responses, appreciate it.

10. Well, since unholy uses both, gloves and pants as non-set item trough progressing in gear(gloren->SM) I would be majorly disappointed in the system if you get banned. When it's detriment to actual progress in building gear for spec, what happens when rule defeats it's own purpose? I mean, if you get SM and have scourge reavers pants, is that it? You are stuck with them and a bunch of exp gems or you get banned?

11. Honestly, I don't know how this works because I don't use iLvl addons, I am just using GS.
    Again, I see this as an upgrade, since my dps rotation is better and I have overall a better dps during a boss encounter. But that's just my opinion I guess.
    Again, thank you all for the responses, appreciate it.
    1) Go to settings -> display -> show item level.

2) Look, I understand where you are coming from (I had a similar dispute with a GM in the past), but the rules in the "Rules section" don't mention any rare exceptions. That's why we both agree that it depends on the GM's assessment whether he would issue a ban or not. However, in my personal opinion the odds are stacked in your favour. In my previous post, I said that a proper report was needed, in order to tip the scales against you. Imho that doesn't include only the rules mentioned here:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=325598

In my personal opinion, in order for the accuser to make a point, he should also include a screenshot of your old gear, showing that all of your previous set pieces were sanctified and your pants were Scourge Reaver's Legplates (with a higher ilvl than the regular set-piece). IF he hasn't done it, then a GM would look at your character, and he would see your trousers being upgraded while you having no normal mark in your inventory. In that case, he would have no reason to suspend your account because you would have "played by the rules" - i.e. you've used the mark for your MS as it was expected from you.

12. Well, since unholy uses both, gloves and pants as non-set item trough progressing in gear(gloren->SM) I would be majorly disappointed in the system if you get banned. When it's detriment to actual progress in building gear for spec, what happens when rule defeats it's own purpose? I mean, if you get SM and have scourge reavers pants, is that it? You are stuck with them and a bunch of exp gems or you get banned?
    I am going to put my trust in the GM reviewing the case. Because yes, it is detrimental to my progress through ICC. Expertise on UHDK's is extremely important as it happened more than once for my Plague Strike to be dodged TWICE in a row, thus ruining the momentum of my rotation and basically losing a lot of dps.

13. 1) IF he hasn't done it, then a GM would look at your character, and he would see your trousers being upgraded while you having no normal mark in your inventory. In that case, he would have no reason to suspend your account because you would have "played by the rules" - i.e. you've used the mark for your MS as it was expected from you.
    This is exactly what happened. I took the mark, went to the armorsmith to upgrade the legs, and then equiped them and gem'd/enchanted them.
    I am using them right now and I have no plan on switching back to my old legs since my overall dps rotation is better with the sanctified ones I got because of that mark.
    And the item level(I enabled it, thank you for that btw) of the t10 legs is the same as the old ones. When enchanted, it is the same, both legs un-echanted have the same iLvl.