1. Massive issues downloading to play af 6 month break

EDIT! Resolved via factory reset to pc!

Took a 6 month sabbatical from warmane, got a new pc during that time, trying to play again now. Downloaded the windows client from warmane torrent. Moves it to program files x86, assured it is unblocked by windows defender. Set up graphics to my liking. Now I am experiencing the following issues that I never had 6 months ago

1. Launcher freezes when I submit my login information.

2. If I make it past the launcher freezing, then I most of the time am met with "unable to connect" error. Sometimes after repeated error messages the launcher disconnects my pc from wifi. Wifi router is good and all other devices on it are not having any issues.

3. After many resets and attempts to log in, sometimes I get into the character screen. Once there I am often met with "a character with that name already exists" when I select one of my toons.

4. If I make it past all or that and finally get into the game itself I am presented with 5-9k latency and all of the issues that come along with it such as input lag and being unable to move my character for several seconds at a time.

Basically unplayable if I log in, rare that I am even able to log in.

Suggestions? Is there a more stable download elsewhere or a way to fix the one that I got from warmane?
    Edited: August 30, 2021