1. which one is the top tank class atm?

I really like playing tank (though i'm not good yet), my fav class is warrior but i've heard it sucks here.
    So, I have a ret pala 2,9k gs and i'm thinking about turning into a prot pala, would it be a good idea? I can't play bear and don't really enjoy dk.

The tier list would really be: Pala > Bear > Dk > War?

my ret pala: https://armory.warmane.com/character...mourne/profile

2. The tier list according to what i've seen is Dk>Bear>Pala>War. ( Dk/Bear MT Pala/War OT) ( ICC 0 buff, Pala is very strong ).
    Indeed war sucks here cause of how bliz designers made this expansion, but he still is one VERY strong tank. Personal i think the only bad, is the big cds ( in terms of being MT ). Otherwise he has such mobility, and so many spells to play with. I that played both pala and bear, warr is more interesting. Play whatever you like the most.
    Single Dk>Pala>War>Bear
    Aoe Pala>Bear>Dk>War

3. Thanks man, that helps me a lot. I'm getting out of the searching and just experimenting, if i enjoy playing the spec probably i'm gonna get better enough to get a spot in raids.

4. Pala > others >>> war

5. You should dodge war, not because it suck, but because you will be less welcome than other class, war is harder to manage, little weaker and give less buff than other (recommand this only if you dont have war dps in the raid, and i cant imagine to not having a single war dps
    DK is the best on threat, pretty nice and short cd, give nice melee buff - The best if you lack some melee buff, and when the raid reach a high dps, you will need to choose dktank or 2-3 tot/md
    Palatank have nice CD, lot of potential buff/debuff for the raid, is the only one who can reset some debuff with divine shield, is the only one with a raid defensiv cooldown, and have a lot of utility (HoP, Salvation,Freedom etc)
    Bear can be nice, particullary if you lack the feral buff,
    imo DK+Pal is the best combo for high dps raid, with the most utility/buff but always depend of the 23 other char with them :)

6. Since it is a progressive server, you should consider tank tier list from season to season. For example dk is bad until toc items and in icc it shines. Pala is good in all patches, bear is similar to pala with a bit less utility and in icc you are just a punching bag cuz of dodge debuff. Warr requires a lot of micromanagement so should avoid it as MT, only thing that warrior shines is Anub HC in TOC with block gear.

So you should go with prot paladin since it's really good tank with lots of cd, aoe threat and utility (Hand of Protection, Hand of Sacrifice...)
    or DK since threat will be really big on bosses and it has decent cds compared to paladin.

7. Since it is a progressive server, you should consider tank tier list from season to season. For example dk is bad until toc items and in icc it shines. Pala is good in all patches, bear is similar to pala with a bit less utility and in icc you are just a punching bag cuz of dodge debuff. Warr requires a lot of micromanagement so should avoid it as MT, only thing that warrior shines is Anub HC in TOC with block gear.

So you should go with prot paladin since it's really good tank with lots of cd, aoe threat and utility (Hand of Protection, Hand of Sacrifice...)
    or DK since threat will be really big on bosses and it has decent cds compared to paladin.
    Totally agree with this. At the start of the server DKs are not that strong coz they are missing a lot of stamina. Warriors in a server with more damage suffer a lot compared to the retail. Prote paladin is easy to play and really good. If you have someone who can call for cds/utility or you are able to do that by yourself, the progress and fights are really easy peazy.
    There are some fights were DK > Paladin due to the presence of magic damage, where dk can use ams, or Vezax in Ulduar where mana is a big problem and DK can mantain a good threat just with icy touch.

8. Since it is a progressive server, you should consider tank tier list from season to season. For example dk is bad until toc items and in icc it shines. Pala is good in all patches, bear is similar to pala with a bit less utility and in icc you are just a punching bag cuz of dodge debuff. Warr requires a lot of micromanagement so should avoid it as MT, only thing that warrior shines is Anub HC in TOC with block gear.

I support this comment as well.

9. The best tank class is the one you are the most comfortable with.
    In wotlk all tank classes are easily viable, prot warrior just needs more skills than other prot classes.
    If your favorite tank is warrior and you are good at it you should go for it.
    If they write you down just because you play prot warrior they are *****s.

TOC is next and personally I think that Paladin and Warrior are the real dreamteam here.
    For ICC prot warrior will lack some aoe tps but at single target they will shine.