1. How does it work?

Hi,

Retail quitter here. I'm an avid PvPer and this server seems like the place to be to practice.

However, I'm a little confused on how it works. Are we locked to seasons? Do I just pick the best gear and queue for bgs/arenas? Do I need a partner? Do we only Play against other Blackrock players? Can I get any gear (e.g., where do I get Scourge Hunter's Vambraces?)? Are the talents I get at the start the ones I need to use or can I change them?

Sorry for all the questions but any tips are appreciated!

2. previously Blacrock was "season 8" only. (which means Relentless and ToC gear is free, and you use Honor/Arena point for Wrathful and ICC/RS gear)

Recently, due to "Frostmourne seasonal" realm, new characters are by defualt on "Frostmourne season mode". They are at season 6 right now; so the best gear available is Ulduar/Furius gear.
    In this "mode" you play against "Frostmourne" players as well as other "seasonal blackrock" players

I guess you have noticed that by talking to "Info and presets" Npc, you can enable "Season 8" mode. By doing that you will face "Icecrown", "Lordaeron" and "Season 8 Blackrock" players.

About talents, you can change the talent by talking to "Class Trainer" npc. It should not be hard to find him since Npcs are all in the same area (he is next to "profession" npc)
    Edited: September 4, 2021

3. previosly Blacrock it was "season 8" only. (which means Relentless and ToC gear is free, and you use Honor/Arena point for Wrathful and ICC/RS gear)

Recently, due to "Frostmorune seasonal" realm, new characters are by defualt on "Frostmourne season mode". They are at season 6 right now; so the best gear available is Ulduar/Furius gear.
    In this "mode" you play against "Frostmourne" players as well as other "seasonal blackrock" players

I guess you have noticed that by talking to "Info and presets" Npc, you can enable "Season 8" mode. By doing that you will face "Icecrown", "Lordaeron" and "Season 8 Blackrock" players.

About talents, you can change the talent by talking to "Class Trainer" npc. It should not be hard to find him since Npcs are all in the same area (he is next to "profession" npc)
    Thanks, that explains a lot. The season thing was the most confusing.