1. Is it worth the the time leveling?

If I take the time to level 1-80 will i realistically be able to find a guild and raid? How active is the server? Is it a more tight knit community and feel then Icecrown? Any insight from people who actively play here would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. yes you can find guilds for raiding. specially if you have a class/spec in high demand but if that is not the case still not much problem for raiding in a guild. finding a pug raid is difficult though compared to Icecrown realm.

3. The community is generally much tighter than on Icecrown, since people kind of put more effort into their characters. Alot of high end guild players know eachother and play in different guilds together

4. If I take the time to level 1-80 will i realistically be able to find a guild and raid? How active is the server? Is it a more tight knit community and feel then Icecrown? Any insight from people who actively play here would be greatly appreciated. :)
    realistically, no. If u put the 2 above comments together u realise why.

Most guilds that are still running are at 8/12 HC ICC or cleared everything, and they raid with eachother and know eachother.

Realistically these guilds..if they decide that they need a class, they borrow it from other guilds as everyone has every class at 6k GS, ready for ICC 25HC.

They rather have a guy they know in the raid, then some noone who barely hit 5k gearscore and is rusty / doesnt know most of the time what hes doing.

Hate to break it to ya, but no, ...while Lordaeron does offer a good challance pve wise, in terms of guilds and community, atleast on Alliance side is nowhere desirable.

Thhere are either 12/12 / 8/12 HC guilds, Social guilds, and barely anything in between.

5. ^^^That's exactly what's going on in Lordaeron. There are a couple of LoD guilds than only recruit one 6.2+ person every blue moon and on the other hand there are social guilds, with hundreds of players, and maybe an aim 5 ICC core stuck on that for months, which never progresses because players are always leaving for another guild, or just get frustrated and stop playing altogether.

There's just no way for new people (new as to new to wow or wotlk in general) to gear up or join a good raiding guild. Most have to grind for months for a couple of items, then move onto another guild that has a bit more aim, and repeat that cycle until they can enter a guild that does all content, taking into account that most lowbie guilds are full of ninjas, always disbanding or riddled with drama.

That's why most of the top raiding guild are full of alts of other top guilds, I personally know a guy who raids with 5 of his chars in all of those top guilds, basically all those guilds are the same group of people. These guilds are very hermetic and you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get into one of those without a recommendation. The grind and filters that once has to pass in the span of several months to get into a hardcore 12/12 8hc guild is too much for the majority of new players, and that splits Lordaeron into some monolithic "pro" guilds and a dozen churning, always changing, guilds that can't kill festergut or DBS hc before they disband and reform into a new one riddled with the same problems as before.

The only thing keeping Lordaeron alive is that people spend so much time grinding gear here that they are reluctant to leave after so much time. But if someone puts the numbers of people joining and how many of those actually reach Kingslayer or LoD, the number is abysmal. There should be a better way for players to gear up, do more bosses and actually progress on the server. People want to have fun, kill bosses, high-five Arthas. Not play for a year without seeing BQL.

6. ^^^That's exactly what's going on in Lordaeron. There are a couple of LoD guilds than only recruit one 6.2+ person every blue moon and on the other hand there are social guilds, with hundreds of players, and maybe an aim 5 ICC core stuck on that for months, which never progresses because players are always leaving for another guild, or just get frustrated and stop playing altogether.

There's just no way for new people (new as to new to wow or wotlk in general) to gear up or join a good raiding guild. Most have to grind for months for a couple of items, then move onto another guild that has a bit more aim, and repeat that cycle until they can enter a guild that does all content, taking into account that most lowbie guilds are full of ninjas, always disbanding or riddled with drama.

That's why most of the top raiding guild are full of alts of other top guilds, I personally know a guy who raids with 5 of his chars in all of those top guilds, basically all those guilds are the same group of people. These guilds are very hermetic and you have to jump through a lot of hoops to get into one of those without a recommendation. The grind and filters that once has to pass in the span of several months to get into a hardcore 12/12 8hc guild is too much for the majority of new players, and that splits Lordaeron into some monolithic "pro" guilds and a dozen churning, always changing, guilds that can't kill festergut or DBS hc before they disband and reform into a new one riddled with the same problems as before.

The only thing keeping Lordaeron alive is that people spend so much time grinding gear here that they are reluctant to leave after so much time. But if someone puts the numbers of people joining and how many of those actually reach Kingslayer or LoD, the number is abysmal. There should be a better way for players to gear up, do more bosses and actually progress on the server. People want to have fun, kill bosses, high-five Arthas. Not play for a year without seeing BQL.
    That is entirely a player issue: nothing stopping people from making friends with like-minded players and progressing together - how do you think those LOD guilds did it?

7. To some extent yes, to another extent its the content aswell. The gap between say toc10-25 and icc 10-25 or even just icc10 is enlarged to such an extend u are left with nothing but play the wait game and get some frost gear, its essentially a timegate system.

And lets face is, warmane hasnt move with the time either, not having an official discord where guilds can recruit , the community can exist, is mindblowing to me.

8. And lets face is, warmane hasnt move with the time either, not having an official discord where guilds can recruit , the community can exist, is mindblowing to me.
    Discord is player made necessity, I don't know why would they have to intervene here. And they have whole forum section for the exact same thing.

9. Lordaeron is a slow paced realm, it takes time to progress and gear up! Everything is drawn-out to be a longer journey!

To progress you're required to work on upgrading your gear, honing your skills and knowledge of the game, your class and role. This takes time!! Another important part is to socialize with others and make friends, learn from eachother, enjoy eachothers company and the game together, in whatever way!:) Get into guilds. Reach out to experienced players for advices, read up on guides on how you can reach your highest potential!

To get a spot in a good and solid guild, your best chance is to be able to prove that you're a solid player yourself.

10. Lordaeron is a slow paced realm, it takes time to progress and gear up! Everything is drawn-out to be a longer journey!

To progress you're required to work on upgrading your gear, honing your skills and knowledge of the game, your class and role. This takes time!! Another important part is to socialize with others and make friends, learn from eachother, enjoy eachothers company and the game together, in whatever way!:) Get into guilds. Reach out to experienced players for advices, read up on guides on how you can reach your highest potential!

To get a spot in a good and solid guild, your best chance is to be able to prove that you're a solid player yourself.
    And the sky is blue.

11. As far as I know Lordaeron was just a x1 Blizzlike server, and after several years veteran players asked for harder raids to get a new challenge, and the realm was tailored to their demands until it was hard enough for them. But those players had the chance to gear up and learn the game in a Blizzlike environment and then jumped onto the harder raids. New players don't have that chance, they have to gear up and perform in the buffed content from the get-go. And the realm is constantly getting harder and harder, and making its content less accessible for players. Just a few days ago PP's abomination was patched and it can't be buffed now, and can't get hysteria, which lowers the overall DPS done during the fight by a significant amount.

I'm not saying that lordaeron should become icecrown easy, I enjoy some the buffed content. Maybe there could be an access to the frostmourne core or a way to get the icc buff as something completely optional. Or have the buffed content as an optional feature with more loot (HC Bosses giving 2 HC marks or HC Bosses giving 4 items) as an incentive for players to do the harder content. This way new players can enjoy the less punishing content before progressing on the harder one. Just my 2 cents on the issue.

12. Just a few days ago PP's abomination was patched and it can't be buffed now, and can't get hysteria, which lowers the overall DPS done during the fight by a significant amount.
    Has it occured to you that it was a bug that needed fixing and that you were exploiting a bug?
    Lordaeron content was nerfed hard enough and it's the reason most of the hardcore raiders stopped playing all together. It doesn't need changing to be easier than it already is. Git gud.

13. As far as I know Lordaeron was just a x1 Blizzlike server, and after several years veteran players asked for harder raids to get a new challenge, and the realm was tailored to their demands until it was hard enough for them. But those players had the chance to gear up and learn the game in a Blizzlike environment and then jumped onto the harder raids. New players don't have that chance, they have to gear up and perform in the buffed content from the get-go. And the realm is constantly getting harder and harder, and making its content less accessible for players. Just a few days ago PP's abomination was patched and it can't be buffed now, and can't get hysteria, which lowers the overall DPS done during the fight by a significant amount.

I'm not saying that lordaeron should become icecrown easy, I enjoy some the buffed content. Maybe there could be an access to the frostmourne core or a way to get the icc buff as something completely optional. Or have the buffed content as an optional feature with more loot (HC Bosses giving 2 HC marks or HC Bosses giving 4 items) as an incentive for players to do the harder content. This way new players can enjoy the less punishing content before progressing on the harder one. Just my 2 cents on the issue.
    I must say I totally agree with you and your idea about optional feature. Increased difficulty might be good for like 2% of population and bad overall. I remember in first encounters with festergut I was questioning his big hp pool and the difficulty of the fight was surprising to me. we could kill the boss with a group where like 90% of people didn’t need any item from the fight and I was thinking what’s the point of killing this when we don’t need any item? In those days fester had 52m hp and I got dumbfounded when they turned it’s hp to 54m. and this difficulty increase goes on and on.

14. And that 2% prettymuch just raidlogs. They either cleared everything, or are permastuck on 8/12. Apparently thats fun.

And those that need loot from it cant kill it, cuz u need the loot from it to kill it.

Overall Lordearon because of the above mentioned, is just not good to play on.

Can meme day'n'night about it, but the new influx of players barely sees anything of ICC, that includes heroics. Unless they get carried.

15. That's some kind Icecrown player thinking. The first question you should answer why are u playing the game? If it's get best gear and kill LoD, just go to Icecrown donate for BiS and kill LoD day one. Lordaeron offers progression for your character, every item you get is meaningful here as it opens more and more content for your character ( that's what retail is missing as gear became unimportant and doesnt give you any satisfaction even when you get a legendary item). So, yes, you start as a fresh 80 and it's going to be challenging for you to find a spot in a good guild or pug raid but you have to work your way up there. Farm gold => get BoEs => get geared in ToC set ( usually ToC 25 requirements as fair if any ) => get to ICC 10 pug raids ( get 251 items geared) and then you can be invited into some pug 5 boss kill 25 where you might be stacked for a few months, but if you are performing you will get noticed and invited in a decent guild.

12 Last