1. Question on stealth

I'm a level 80 troll rogue specced for subtlety with master of deception 3/3. A level 80 alliance rogue was able to see me even though I was stealthed and sapped me and I couldn't see him. And it wasn't like I walked into him he just got me out of nowhere. I thought that enemies of the same level as you weren't able to detect you, especially with master of deception? Is there some reason that he was able to do so? He did have a signicantly higher gear score than I did, so is it that if you have a higher gear score you can detect those of the same level while they can't detect you?

2. in most cases it is just about luck, you guys both spam "sap" macro hoping to be faster/luckier then your enemy.

Btw Humans have this racial: http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/spell=58985 which obviously helps.
    Also, do you use this enchant? http://wotlk.cavernoftime.com/item=38993 . If you do not but your enemies do, they are advantaged vs you.

3. Lucky with proximity as well possibly.

4. Your enemy probably had the sap macro

5. there is also warlock's buff :D
    No, the warlock buff only helps you to see "lesser invisibility" which is the invisibility of some warlocks pet. It doesn't increase your stealth-detection.

6. " A level 80 alliance rogue" Race? If it is Elf it is understandable, some people tryhard it especially for the racial Elusiveness making you less detectable in Stealth and Meld. A night elf with the same talents as yours will almost always have the upper hand.

7. No, the warlock buff only helps you to see "lesser invisibility" which is the invisibility of some warlocks pet. It doesn't increase your stealth-detection.
    Warlocks do have a stealth detection aura, namely the Consume Shadows ability from the Voidwalker. That channel, besides being a self-heal for the pet, it also increases stealth detection for nearby allies.