1. Fishing: Was something changed recently...?

I could have sworn that anyone could level fishing by fishing in a city like Stormwind or Orgrimmar from 1 fishing skill but today I have been catching only junk in Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff which gives no skill-ups and I need to know why. Was this a recent change or have I gone completely bonkers and this is just how it always worked?

2. Yes, fishing has been corrected and will behave like it did on retail

You gain skillups only for successful fish catches
    You should fish in the starting areas before you go into the cities, about 50 skill level will give you 44% fish catch rate in them
    Use a lure

3. Except that it didn't work like that on retail. stop the bs please. any catch had a chance of skillup, not just fishes.

That's why people used lures : to avoid junk and get only fishs, not because junk didn't raise skill

4. Except that it didn't work like that on retail. stop the bs please. any catch had a chance of skillup, not just fishes.

That's why people used lures : to avoid junk and get only fishs, not because junk didn't raise skill
    Oh? Ok then lets see exactly how it worked on retail

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fishing
    To increase their fishing skill, an angler need only fish in a region for which they have unlocked the appropriate skill. This may at first lead to them catching more grey trash items than fish, but as their skill increases, this will change.
    Cataclysm Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): The number of catches for Fishing skill up has been decreased.
    Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Fishing has undergone significant changes.
    * There is no longer a minimum skill requirement to fish in any zone. Every catch has the potential for fishing skill gains, but you are likely to catch worthless junk in areas that are too difficult for your skill.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classi...ofession-guide
    Leveling up Fishing can take a fair amount of time, as you are limited by how quickly fish will be caught on each cast

https://classic.wowhead.com/guides/f...ssic-wow-1-300
    Successfully catching fish and items from your bobber will count towards leveling up your fishing.

Prior to the Warlords of Draenor expansion, the best resource outside of Blizzard for detailed information on everything involving this profession was El's Extreme Anglin' at http://www.tentaclehaven.com/
    If you are just trying the level fishing, and not cooking, gaining skill is easy: Fish anywhere you can fish without get-aways.

https://www.wow-pro.com/fishing-and-...-and-alliance/
    Go to Stonebull Lake or Crystal Lake, equip your pole, apply a lure, and start Fishing.
    Until Fishing 125 you will get a skill point with almost every catch, after 125 it will take you 2 or more catches to skill up.

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/wotlk...g-guide-1-450/
    All you’ll need is a simple Fishing Pole to get started, and you can fish anywhere that there’s water. But, simply casting a line does not guarantee that you’ll catch the creature you’re looking for, or even any fish at all. In fact, there is no quick or easy way to power level Fishing. It requires dedication and for you to commit your time to improving your skills.
    One of the best parts of leveling Fishing is that it can be done anywhere. Because Fishing does not involve crafting anything, though, the only way to increase your skill is through successful casts. This means actually catching something (even if it’s just junk) when you send your line out. As you progress, however, it will take an increasing number of successful casts to level your skill up once.

So to summarize:
    Prior to 3.1 only actual successful fish catches gave you skillups
    Post 3.1 you could fish anywhere and had a very small chance to gain skill from catching stuff. You had a higher chance to catch trash items however in areas too high level. Skillup from catching fish will always contribute to the skill XP, but from trash it depends on the guide really (which means it either wasnt possible to skill-up via trash or the chance was low to do so). Also keep in mind that the rate of catching fish even in max level areas is never 0, gets pretty close to it but lures help a lot. Some fish which are grey items still count as fish cathes so its very possible that the trash catch in some guides meant those too.
    Just to be on the safe side a small chance to gain skill xp will be added from trash catches. The best way to level will still be following the zones in increasing skill level, using lures where needed

5. Only prob is daily quest which cant be completed unless you are grand master fisherman, i have been trying to do it with my priest 318 fishing + 100 lure and not a single quest item droped but on my mage with 352 fishing no lure nothing i completed quest in less then 30 sec.

6. Only prob is daily quest which cant be completed unless you are grand master fisherman, i have been trying to do it with my priest 318 fishing + 100 lure and not a single quest item droped but on my mage with 352 fishing no lure nothing i completed quest in less then 30 sec.
    Ill give you the chances at some skill levels for the relevant skill:
    Skill 280 - Hellfire Peninsula is 55.7% chance
    Skill 305 - Zangarmarsh (The Lagoon, east of Serpent Lake) is 58% chance
    Skill 330 - Azshara (Bay of Storms, Hatera's Clutch, Scalebeard's Cave), Burning Steppes, Deadwind Pass, Eastern Plaguelands (Stratholme), Feralas (Jademir Lake), Ghostlands (Zul'Aman), Silithus, Stranglethorn Vale (Zul'Gurub), Western Plaguelands (Scholomance), Winterspring is 60% chance
    Skill 355 - Isle of Quel'Danas, Zangarmarsh (west of Serpent Lake and incl), Terokkar Forest (ground level) is 62% chance
    Skill 380 - Nagrand (east of Halaa, Elemental Plateau), Netherstorm (Eco Dome Midrealm), Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly Hills, Howling Fjord 64% chance