1. 1 - Introduction
    Second part coming soon ....
    Thanks for the guide. I tried the vulkan method but I didn't like it as it brought stuttering and slow alt-tabbing. I want to try Dx12 which you mentioned in this thread but I don't know how to use https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy correctly. Its not as easy as simply copying the dll to game folder. You said there would be a second part to this guide. Is it still going on?

2. Thanks for the guide. I tried the vulkan method but I didn't like it as it brought stuttering and slow alt-tabbing. I want to try Dx12 which you mentioned in this thread but I don't know how to use https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy correctly. Its not as easy as simply copying the dll to game folder. You said there would be a second part to this guide. Is it still going on?
    https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy/wi...ing#installing

3. I have done all the steps but the game client didn't run in dx12. Can you help me more if you succesfuly used it?

Here are 2 screenshots on how I did it:

Config screen: https://pictshare.net/3lcdlo.png
    Folder view: https://pictshare.net/fmthjj.png

4. Posting twice because I can't edit my previous post: I'm using intel integrated graphics and it's certainly dx12 compatible.

5. No, you are right. I can't make it work either. The 32-bit build should work, yet it doesn't.

Regarding dxvk: a bit of stuttering is to be expected, at least for the first hour. If alt+tab is slow, try windowed mode -> maximized. This worked well for me on an AMD card but it didn't work that well on an Intel integrated card: the framerate was unstable.

6. Tested DXVK on Arch linux with wine. There is no FPS improvement at all on my system.

But I did get a bump in performance using the LAA program from first post. Before it was lagging real bad, maybe 8 fps. Now in Mulgore it's' averaging 27 fps. This is on 1280x720 in windowed mode but maximized on a 1920x1080 display with Ultra effects on. This is my machine

Intel NUC 11 Essential (NUC11ATKPE)
    Intel Pentium N6005
    Jasper Lake UHD graphics (32 eu)
    16gb (8 x 2) ddr4-2933

7. I am sorry to all for the inconveniences, now today i've updated this GUIDE and surely now you can get the performance. Please check the post again.

8. don't really understand it, but it works..

Vulkan.
    I have to delete dxvk config before launching the game, otherwise it crashes instantly.
    the overall quality is better, the FPS is sometimes better, but with huge lag spikes.

DX12
    it also works, but nothing seems to change.. maybe some more FPS (2-5)

idk whats wrong, but I can't get more than 20FPS in Dalaran.. with or without Vulkan or DX12..
    it's not about my config, cuz R5 3600 and RX580 G1 Gaming is a bit overkill for WotLK maybe its the limitation of the game engine itself, and there is nothing you can do about it.
    Dalaran is bugged and bad optimizated, you must do fps test in other places, like mulgore, NOT in dalaran! Greetings and please read again my post, i've updated today, it and share my config file.

9. Hey bro, so i just followed all the steps and installed everything... looks like im actually getting 60+FPS in dala now and a consistent and seemingly permanent 120fps anywhere else... absolutely incredible job by whoever created this mod and thank you so much for uploading this guide!

I see on your personal config file that you have some graphics settings lower, would you be able to guide me on how to max out the settings in the config file?

i am running AMD Ryzen 9 5900, 128GB DDR4 3600MHz and Asus TUF OC RTX 4090

looking forward to your reply and keep up the good work!!! :D

10. 6700k, gtx1070 (driver:497.29) ,win10x64, 16gb DDR4, 250gbSSD

in the main folder (with the wow.exe) i pasted d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll from the archive (the 32bit folder from the (ASYNC VERSION [RECOMMENDED])).
    Also a file dxvk.conf with the settings written below.
    When i start wow.exe there is a message: "Failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting program."
    When i remove d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll files from the folder and click wow.exe - the game starts as normal.
    I read the 1st post several times and i think there is nothing more or less to do, so what's the problem?

The dxvk.conf settings:
    #UPDATED: 2022-AGO-25 - Version 1.1
    #SUPER-IMPORTANT: Shadows is best in Low and Distance vision in High or less NOT use MAX, disable V-SYNC
    #IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE DONT TEST PERFOMANCE IN DALARAN, IS A HOLY ***** BAD OPTMIZAED
    dxgi.nvapiHack = True # you can test, change it to TRUE. According if you have AMD or NVIDIA gpu
    dxgi.maxFrameRate = 75
    d3d9.maxFrameRate = 75
    dxvk.hud = devinfo,fps # REMOVE THIS LINE FOR HIDE FPS HUD
    dxgi.maxFrameLatency = 1
    d3d9.maxFrameLatency = 1
    dxgi.numBackBuffers = 0 # // I GET MORE FPS IN 0
    d3d9.numBackBuffers = 0 # // I GET MORE FPS IN 0
    d3d9.presentInterval = 0 # Disable Vsync in 0
    dxgi.syncInterval = 0 # Disable Vsync in 0
    dxgi.tearFree = Auto # // I GET MORE FPS IN False
    d3d9.tearFree = Auto # Vsync replace fuction // I GET MORE FPS IN False
    dxgi.emulateUMA = False # Dont change it or read the explain, at final of the this page
    d3d9.maxAvailableMemory = 4096 # CHANGE IT FOR YOU RAM Size in MB
    dxgi.maxDeviceMemory = 4000 # CHANGE IT FOR YOU VRAM Size in MB
    dxgi.maxSharedMemory = 4000 # CHANGE IT FOR YOU VRAM Size in MB
    d3d9.evictManagedOnUnlock = True
    d3d9.allowDiscard = True
    d3d9.apitraceMode = False
    dxvk.enableAsync = True # It option only work in Async Version
    dxvk.numCompilerThreads = 0 # CHANGE IT by your threads of CPU <----------------------
    dxvk.numAsyncThreads = 0 # 0 is Automatic || It option only work in Async Version
    d3d9.floatEmulation = False

######## OPTIONAL SETTINGS, remove # for test
    # For *****s games, it normaly by me should be true all
    #d3d9.supportD32 = True
    #d3d9.supportX4R4G4B4 = True
    #d3d9.disableA8RT = True
    #d3d9.supportVCache = True
    #########

#Explains:
    # Some games think we are on Intel given a lack of NVAPI or
    # AGS/atiadlxx support. Report our device memory as shared memory,
    # and some small amount for a "carveout".
    # Supported values: True, False

# dxgi.emulateUMA = False

11. Have you read the log file? Sometimes, that means that you have a gpu that doesn't support the necessary vulkan features.

12. It worked very well for me on a linux laptop with i5-6200U, integrated "IntelĀ® HD Graphics 520". I play on minimal settings through wine and got a noticeable improvement without any changes to your config.

Instead of putting your PC specs in the OP though I think it would be more relevant to put what hardware Vulkan is supposed to work on. A quick Google look up led me up to these:
    - Nvidia Kepler (2012) and newer
    - AMD GCN 2.0 (2013) and newer
    - for iGPU Intel - Intel Skylake (2015) and newer
    and a Wikipedia link for further details.
    Edited: January 11, 2023

13. i would like to simply add, if your card supports Vulkan this is an absolute must download
    Edited: January 13, 2023 Reason: typo of "no" instead of "must"

14. i would like to simply add, if your card supports Vulkan this is an absolute no download
    why no download?

First 1234 ... Last