1. Misdirection, mod macro question

Hello,

I am trying to learn how to raid with Hunter. I was hoping if anyone can help me implement this macro correctly as I cannot seem to make it work fully.

#showtoolip Misdirection
    /cast [nomod, @Maintankname] Misdirection; Misdirection
    /cast [mod:shift, @Offtankname] Misdirection; Misdirection

The intention is this:

Hypothetically, if " Q " is binded for this macro then if I press Q then Misdirection is casted on the Main Tank ( Which is currently working correctly )
    If I press " Shift + Q " then Misdirection should be casted on the Off Tank ( Which is what I am struggling to make work )

Can anyone please help me with identifying the mistake in the 2nd /cast command?

2. combo md

#show Misdirection
    /use [mod:shift,@mouseover] Misdirection;[nomod,@focus,help][@targettarget,help] Misdirection

if there is focus, casts to focus, no focus, casts to the target of the target. with shift+ mouseoverif there is focus, casts to focus, no focus, casts to the target of the target. with shift+ mouseover

3. Easiest way will be to write simple lua loop for all raid members and change Name / Name-2 in your macro upon role changes
    Name = Main Tank
    Name-2 Main Assist (off tank)

and the macro that will be changed
    /use [mod:shift,@Name-2,raid,help][@Name,raid,help]Misdirection

4. I use a macro to set the my mouseover as my focus target....

/focus [@mouseover,help]

and then another to MD to focus when it exists and default to pet when not...

/use [@focus,help][@pet] Misdirection

5. I use two macros for misdirects:

#showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][@focus] Misdireciton

#showtooltip
    /cast [@targettarget] Misdirection

I use Focus on MT, but allows me to MD to whatever tank is tanking boss at the time via the second macro but can simply mouseover raid frames to pre-emptively MD something like Raging Spirits to offtank (non-Focus). Has worked well for me.

If you decide to use something like this, just be aware that you will want to hold down right mouse button while using first macro as to not accidentally Misdirect your mouseover if you intend to MD Focus.