1. New Player to the Server Trying to Navigate the Toxicity

Is it just me or does the community seem extra toxic on warmane at times?

Recently had an experience where a player was in our group for a group quest and went afk. He was unresponsive when I tried to get his attention a couple times and was angry when I asked him to participate in the quest. Long story short, he left the group. He messaged me a bunch of angry stuff about me being "high and mighty" and that I only lost 5% health without his help. He then logged onto the opposite faction. He just sat there griefing me and only me, keeping me from completing the quest on his geared character. Spammed a bunch of emotes. So I hopped over onto horde and asked him if what I said to him really upset him that much. He proceeded to say "having fun with your quest?" and "Fgt" then blocked me.

I really do enjoy the server and its nice to play with some people who share my love for WotLK. It just sucks when the only thing making some of us not want to play is the toxicity and hate speech we encounter.

Anyways, I hope any of you guys reading this have had better social interactions than I have in my week since returning to the server. And thanks to the people out there who go out of their way to make this nostalgic game a better place!
    Edited: November 8, 2021 Reason: title

2. You encounter toxic *****s anywhere.
    Options for future:
    - get thicker skin (helpful thing in internet)
    - call for help in global
    - take a break
    - change location
    Unless someone realy stalks you down, tracks using both factions and/or bypasses "Ignore" function - Warmane won't do anything. It is both minor thing and part of PvP. And they don't have luxury of "police force" to protect each and every player from random stupidity.

3. Thicker skin is the best advice. And I wish people had thicker skin even outside the internet nowadays...

Also, not replying at all to hate speech just makes them angry more, see it that way. Go a few minutes afk or something, make yourself a coffee. They will go away regardless if you don't answer to their ganking with respawning, or replying to hate speech/flaming because there is no fun in it for themselves. :)

4. I personally need to thank this server for doing one thing right. My wife is tough as nails after being berated on a daily basis. She's moved on to a nice career path and taking hits left and right, but comes home like it's all just part of the plan. Best thing that could have ever happened.

5. I personally need to thank this server for doing one thing right. My wife is tough as nails after being berated on a daily basis. She's moved on to a nice career path and taking hits left and right, but comes home like it's all just part of the plan. Best thing that could have ever happened.
    For sure. Real life is a breeze after dealing with some of the people 'round these parts. Especially, heaven forbid, anyone finds out that she's a woman. It really is a damn shame, but there's not a whole lot you can do with the heathens.