1. Warmane future vs. Blizz's upcoming WOTLK 2022?

Hi all.

Good day.

I'm a bit alarmed with the latest news I just saw.

I was browsing with my youtube account a couple hours ago & I stumbled upon about the blizz's WoW's retail & classic servers update. Then WOTLK patch was displayed that it will be launched on Fall 2022.

Do you think Warmane will be affected by this launch?
    Is there a possibility that Blizz will take down Warmane?
    If yes, what should we do with our accounts/toons?
    Will there be any back up servers/plans about this matter?

2. Nothing will change here. Blizzard cannot do anything to us.

3. We will keep offering the realms free to people who prefer to play here instead. Warmane offers options that can't be achieved over retail, so it will always remain as an option for those who prefer to play here and we are thankful for that.

We have countermeasures if the worst happen, so our community doesn't need to fret. Just keep playing normally. Yes we do have back ups, so the past won't be repeated.

4. Blizzard isn't going to take Warmane down, so the only question we're left with is about the playerbase. Will the majority just migrate over to retail wotlk? Will they stay?

Before we say anything, the main question to ask here is the following: Warmane offers FREE wotlk experience to anyone. Will retail wotlk be so good, that Warmane players are just gonna rush to Blizzard with their wallets, willing to pay a monthly subscription fee to basically play the same thing again, from the beginning? ( which they can do on Frostmourne here, by the way. ) We're strictly talking about Warmane players here, please note that.

Now to understand this, we must take into consideration that many many old players, old guilds are less likely to go to retail. They have everything here, everything achieved, everything done. Maybe they even have a little reputation here either in pvp or pve. They have their long time friends, guildies. These are the kind of players who come online only for some raids every now and then, and spend the rest of their time sitting in any city, talking to friends or having convos with people passing by. Now, it's pretty foolish to make predictions since everyone is different, but in my opinion, they will NOT want to go through the trobule. Leveling a toon on x1 XP rates from 1-80, having no main characters to send money and items, having to start from absolute zero, unless someone plays TBC classic right now. ( Unless Blizz introduces some damn cursed 1-80 boost, but where's the fun in that )

One very important point: With Frostmourne, Warmane offers the exact same thing, only at a greater pace, resetting every year. With this in mind, those who wanted to go and try how it feels to start wotlk from scratch, already did. And we all know what happened in the first few weeks on Frostmourne. 12k players, queues, fun, adventure and everything. And of course after a few months the population fell back by a lot. People made incredible coins from gold in the first few weeks. Everyone needed gold, since there wasn't any in a fresh server. Those who knew what to do and how, got rich. I remember 1-2k gold going for 10-20 coins. Once the money was made and other people who played got bored, or reached lvl 80 and couldn't do anything, they got back to Icecrown. I think the same thing is going to happen with retail.

Maybe some mad pvp lunatics will go to retail to blast everyone away with their 5-10 year pure wotlk pvp experience, and will go crazy about getting the rewards and ratings, but that's all. Just imagine a real newbie on retail wotlk joins a BG and faces a madman from Warmane who's been playing every class in every spec possible in pvp since the day he was born lmaooo.

Everyone liked wotlk back then, the launch day will be hell on earth, absolute chaos, twitch views soaring to numbers never seen before, queues surpassing classic wow launch. Gonna be one hell of a challenge for Blizz.

Now, about Blizzard. Anyone who plays retail or follows news or wow streamers about Blizz, know the absolute state of insane chaos that's going on. Players being *not so happy* about Blizzard's greed and how they want to squeeze every dollar from your wallet, how they add countless microtransactions over and over again. Not to mention the scandals within their own company, reports of sexual abuse etc etc... This list and rant about Blizzard could go on for hours, but you get the point.

With everything in mind, I think a lot can happen in 1 year. Just keep playing and enjoy. I have no doubt that many Warmane players will try out retail wotlk, but they will return. It's gonna be something like " I went over to the neighbours to see how they doin', they're pretty nice and all, it was worth a visit. " Nothing more.

5. I cant say for sure but personaly i think the majority of people and the playerbase will stay here , sure people will try the retail wotlk if it releases(nothing official yet but its coming out from all the signs so far)

While retail may be good/fun to try you gotta admit warmane is kinda unique and offers additional stuff what you cant and wont ever probably have on retail wotlk.
    The transmog option , the increased leveling rates , the charactes boost , coin /point shop and so mutch more...

I mean here i tryed every single class with every single spec being it hybrid , normal , tank , dps , heal literaly everything....then multiple twinks 19,39,60,70 and the amazing thing is you have a decent comunity for each of these things and also on a side note you can boost yourself without any problem.
    Sure you will be able to boost yourself on retail also i guess but hey i here have 10+ only twink accounts and i enjoy them from time to time while on blizzard i would have to pay for each 10+ account? And thats only twinks not to mention other normal 80s accounts where i enjoy to multibox and so many other amazing stuff you simly couldnt and will ever be able on official.

I mean yea in theory you could but how mutch money would you need , I rather buy items here from time to time and support the server with pleasure.

But yea there is one thing i will really enjoy if it ever comes out.
    Will really enjoy to masacre those twitch streamers and their comunity which loves to downgrade us "private server players" when it comes to pvp. While i may be far from the top ppl that play here i managed to get few gladiator titles with few different toons/spec but mostly since i play with my friends that are goodlike and i know they also cant wait to massacre them retail "pro" players ;-)

And about warmane , well they sadly learned the hard way when moltdown happened. But I trust that with this backup system now and some other stuff we/our characters and accounts are in good hands.

So yea il deff try retail again(since i played it from release til early cata) but only for the purpose i mentioned above and thats just pvp and mainly arena.
    But will deffo stay here and wont stop playing since you can allways play something new when you get bored and there are so many options which retail will never have/offer.

6. Warmane is superior to retail wotlk. True, the scripting may be slightly better on retail, but added features by Warmane make this the better spot to stick around. People like the donation system, the free to play aspect, the custom transmog system, custom xp feature, etc etc