1. Brackets are useless and should be removed, they never existed in wow in first place, don't know why they have been implemend to do a favour to snowflake.
    Bracked were implemented because there are major differences between Retail Wotlk and Warmane.Here we have old server with no progression, so the percentage of well geared and even BiS geared players is stupidly high. The coin shop just leads to even more BiS players.

I was playing on a mid sized realm in Wotlk retail. Not the best, but not the worst.
    We had less than 5 Shadowmournes in the Server, nobody really bothered with clearing RS HC after the server First kill , because the expansion was practically over at that point.

So even with my Mix of S6 and T9, I could be very usefull in PvP.
    Being teamed up with or against full wrathful Players with some ICC 25 Off pieces happened, but their were only a few of them in every BG, because there were not to many off them.

For Warmane that's not the case.
    Add Blackrock into the equation.
    Imagine leveling for hours on Lord, only to get dominated by someone who made their char 5 minutes ago with free gear.

So I think that brackets are needed.
    But there should be some kind of restriction to prevent "twinking". Moving players up after a certain amount of /played or HKs is a fair idea.
    You are no longer a new player then and had time to gear up.
    If you could not do it, it's your own problem.

The brackets are made to protect the fresh players from veterans and not to protect the casuals, who don't bother to gear up.

2. The brackets are made to protect the fresh players from veterans and not to protect the casuals, who don't bother to gear up.

This section is really weird to me. Why should fresh players get preferential treatment to casuals? Don't get me wrong, I think a tier system for BGs is good but i would rather let casuals who play 4 hours a week sit in BGs together being bad then coddle some fresh Lord player. You CHOSE to play on Lord, now you end up vs players who didn't.

If you want better gear, go raid or play Blackrock i guess, that realm is open to you guys aswell.

Like this argument can be flipped too: Brackets are made to protect veteran players from casuals and not to protect the fresh players, who dont bother to gear up.

3. [QUOTE=harrpaniz1;313274 Why should fresh players get preferential treatment to casuals?[/QUOTE]

Cause newbie protection is a common thing in Games.

If you are new and get recked by full S8 BiS players, it's unfair.

If you have 5 weeks /played at 80, 30 k HKs and are still somehow walking in a mix of S6 and FOS/POS gear, it's your own fault.
    You had plenty of time to gear, but you chose not to. It's your own fault
    "Rewarding" you with 2k GS fresh 80s as your opponents is just wrong.

4. This section is really weird to me. Why should fresh players get preferential treatment to casuals? Don't get me wrong, I think a tier system for BGs is good but i would rather let casuals who play 4 hours a week sit in BGs together being bad then coddle some fresh Lord player. You CHOSE to play on Lord, now you end up vs players who didn't.

If you want better gear, go raid or play Blackrock i guess, that realm is open to you guys aswell.

Like this argument can be flipped too: Brackets are made to protect veteran players from casuals and not to protect the fresh players, who dont bother to gear up.
    The complaints weren't just from casuals/fresh/Lordaeron-players though. There were plenty of complaints from BiS people on Icecrown too, whenever they had those people on their team.
    If they were on the enemy team, then obviously they didn't complain :P

Edit: Also since several people mentioned "twinks" here in the thread, there are barely any in that bracket.
    I've seen some occasional twinks that run around with HC Bryntroll (and furious/greens to compensate) - but other than that I haven't really seen any. I don't mind Warmane changing so they can't do that any more, since I'm not a twink myself.

So unless you count every full instant rele blackrock trash character as "twink" (which is a silly definition by itself), this issue doesn't really exist in the low bracket. Make a comparison with 70-79, where like 90% of the players are twinks.
    Edited: December 11, 2021

5. Cause newbie protection is a common thing in Games.

If you are new and get recked by full S8 BiS players, it's unfair.

If you have 5 weeks /played at 80, 30 k HKs and are still somehow walking in a mix of S6 and FOS/POS gear, it's your own fault.
    You had plenty of time to gear, but you chose not to. It's your own fault
    "Rewarding" you with 2k GS fresh 80s as your opponents is just wrong.
    New players can just swipe the card or play better if they want to be competitive at the entry level. Not my fault people were late to the party.

Picking and chosing who you end up with is really goofy. I have played for quite a while on this server and i have never seen anyone with 30k+ hks and 4.5k gs (even on Lord).

First 12