1. Lostwolf - An open letter of a tired veteran

Hello all,

Allow the brief self-introduction.
    I go by the name of Nobuga/Proven. I am a 'veteran' player of the Mists of Pandaria [ex nunc MOP], who has joined the server in the early months of 2015, together with a small group of friends. The excitement was real, and our blood boiled everytime the servers would just crash due to the overwhelming number of players joining.
    From the group of 5, that I joined with, I found myself alone, trying to grasp the little to no joy I have left for Warmane's Frostwolf realm, and login nearly daily just to fool around and accomplish nothing.

For 6 years, and counting, I have existed as just another number in your statistics, but was yet to approach you, Staff Members of Warmane, via open letter, in the form of this Forum thread.
    Over the past 2 years, I pushed myself to return back to those days of exploration. Days where every day a new silly or funny bug would occur, and everything seemed to just be covered in rainbows and sunshine.
    Over the past 2 years I have explored all the aspects of the MOP expansion you've made available, as a Free-to-Play platform.
    Over the past 2 years I have gained some insight regarding Frostwolf, and its' condition.

Truthfully, many, and including myself, have thought of this realm as just another rapidly dying server.
    Truthfully, if it wasn't for the people I have, somehow, met along the way, I would have called it 'quits' much earlier than I have in the past.
    In all honesty, more than just a few thoughts have crossed my mind, regarding Frostwolf's gameplay, and it would be reckless of me to expose all the blunt facts and ridiculous opinions I have had/seen along the years, so I'll try to stick to a few (for now) to try and get this across.

Firstly, and being a company like Warmane presents itself to be, your customer service is anything but to be desired.
    Much like a shady 0 star motel, the only thing you are expected to find is signs of abandonment and utterly lack of consideration for those still using your services. Not only is it hard to find someone to that could help you with any issue/bug you will, eventually, face in-game, but the lack of response in a timely matter by your in-game 'advisors'. That if, of course, you don't find yourself in an endless loop, where the only answer you get goes from opening an in-game ticket, to report it via bugtracker, to post it on forums, to 'Your ticket is now closed. Please submit a new ticket if any other issues arise', even though absolutely nothing was done/said/explained to begin with.
    Stop leaving us in the dark, or give us ridiculous explanations as to A, B or C isn't working/implemented.
    How ludacris can it be when, the only person we actually have to bridge anything together with anything, is (one of) your Q&A Team member Nobuemon?
    How disrespectful is it of you, as a company, to just not giving a damn about part of your community/users/clients?
    There's no getting in touch with anyone about anything.
    There's no ETA regarding pending bug fixes, which have been on the limbo for months, if not years, on end.
    There's not a single flying **** we, players of Frostwolf, have gotten from you, the Staff, regarding the realm's condition/health.
    I have lost count on how many duplicate reports have been made about a same general aspect of the game, which remains unconfirmed/unfixed.
    I have lost count on how many bugs and server crashes I have encountered/caused, when pushing your server's gameplay to an extreme.
    Also have lost count on how many times I've been bashed and criticized for the things I do/did to try and improve this server, or at least give it a little bit more life/light, in these dark years of existence.
    And with what return? With what filter do you submit your players through, to decide, in the spirit of this upcoming season, 'who's been naughty or nice'?
    How petty and, excusing my language, up someone's *** can you be to actually get someone banned for mailing you 'Pork Chops' as an obvious joke, when the offended is the same person calling others 'bastards ****s/dogs' nonstop on a general Global Chat, as an obvious insult?

Playing Frostwolf, currently, is like walking through a minefield.
    Between dodging the neverending and evercoming bugs, it seems like players have to avoid the slightest hint of anything that could turn out to be, when squeezed, twisted around and sprinkled with imagination, a blunt offence against the Terms of Service.

It's just not good enough. Plain and simple...
    You have had all the opportunities to just be straight, honest, or at least realistic with the community.
    We can't be that much of a burden. Some of us are actually trying to improve your realm.

How can you expect players to come and stay around, when the vast majority of your content is either missing or broken?
    How can we, players, just not obtain answers elsewhere but through the mentioned member of your Staff?
    How can we, players of MOP in Warmane, are expected to play an expansion where the introductory questlines remain broken, where all previous content remains closed or unplayable, when your end-game progression/items are simply non-existant?
    It's just not good enough...

I'd like this to be a thread for the willing and for those needing to vent.
    I'd like this thread to bring some attention to the critically damaged aspects of the realm, for those brave souls who still login, week after week, in hopes of a better experience.
    I'd like Warmane to just be honest and open to those who just stick around.

TL;DR
    I am an old front-liner, tired of negligence and just people in general.
    I hate no one.

2. What a great post mate.

I want to remind people of Warmane's history, and what promises were made when we stuck with this staff after they lost the database with our characters on it, to a single man.

After Molten-WoW died, the staff made a promise to host regular QA streams to listen to the players. Here's a post from the first one:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=287701&page=9

Luckily Empyrean saved a VOD and made a summary for us to view today. Except the VOD is now private, and the summary has been deleted or hidden.

Here's the second QA stream,:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....288693&page=12

Oh, look at that. The VOD is private here too.

Here's what Kaer had to say after Warmane was made from a merger between Arena Tournament and Molten-WoW:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=289354
    It is safe to expect that development of all 3 expansions will be improved compared to the pace that was observed in the last two years.
    In that time, one of the 3 expansions has completely shut down (Cataclysm). A second has gotten the attention of maybe 3 whole people from the whole team. Instead of working on these 2 expansions, as the OWNED said we can expect, instead Warmane spent over a year creating a TBC realm, only to have it die and shut that down too.

Here's another thread from the old news section:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=289191

I'll quote that too here:

I come with news!
    We want to grow closer to our community; this means having a healthy and efficient channel between you guys and the staff so that we can better understand any suggestions or concerns that any member may have. In order to do this we are bringing up changes and ideas to the Staff structure.

What does this mean? Well, you won’t feel as though you’re being left out of the loop or that we as a staff aren’t being transparent or clear with you all. My PM’s will always be open to anyone with questions regarding any information we provide.
    We’ll also be bringing new activities to participate in with other players such as events, tournaments, community contests, movie and stream promotions, interviews and so much more!.

So who am I, you may ask? I was an administrator, event master and dedicated member of the Arena-Tournament community. I’ll be here to make sure everyone (both community and staff) are all on the same page so that the server can move forward as smoothly as possible with everyone remaining satisfied. Feel free to contact me while I’m online in-game or via forum PMs and I’ll respond as soon as I can!

We look forward to communicating and getting to know you guys better in the future.
    What an absolute joke this turned out to be. Where's the communication? We have ONE person in the whole team that actually talks to the players on MoP. ONE. I get Mr. Kaer Wolf is too busy being rich, but why is there no communication from Hisue? Why no communication from Proterean? Why no communication from Malaco? Why no communication from any developer, who nobody knows what they work on (or if there even are any developers left).

One final thing I'll mention. We were told we would get regular devlogs as an idea into what the dev team is up to. Here it is:
    https://www.warmane.com/devlog

To find the last post that mentioned Frostwolf, I literally had to use control-F to find it. It was in JULY 2019. MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO.

But its okay Warmane. You guys have done a great job on communicating with the staff. I'm so very glad I believed in the project after you lost our characters in the first place.

I'm ready for my forum ban now, its been a while since the last one.

3. How can you expect players to come and stay around, when the vast majority of your content is either missing or broken?
    How can we, players, just not obtain answers elsewhere but through the mentioned member of your Staff?
    How can we, players of MOP in Warmane, are expected to play an expansion where the introductory questlines remain broken, where all previous content remains closed or unplayable, when your end-game progression/items are simply non-existant?
    It's just not good enough....
    The situation about current state of FW is transparent. You already got your answer by the way you formulated these questions, but you can't accept and move on: Focus is on wotlk. If they wanted more players on FW they would had fixed and scripted it long time ago. It's simply low-priority on the updates list. They said they were considering something like a seasonal mop in future.

Don't get me wrong, I would love a fresh mop, even with the current state of bugs, but I accepted the reality and got hopes for different mop projects. If Warmane decides on a fresh mop, it'll surely be popular and successful as any other projects they had, especially now that most people had enough of wotlk.

4. The situation about current state of FW is transparent. You already got your answer by the way you formulated these questions, but you can't accept and move on: Focus is on wotlk. If they wanted more players on FW they would had fixed and scripted it long time ago. It's simply low-priority on the updates list. They said they were considering something like a seasonal mop in future.

(...)
    What had been mentioned before, and this was a single time, in regards to a seasonal realm of Mists of Pandaria, was here:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=439590
    A seasonal mop realm is definitely a very viable option and has been mentioned a few times, however I cannot make any announcements for that as its not planned yet
    Before that is possible a lot of issues need to be ironed out
    Nothing was being considered nor planned.
    In fact, nothing about anything is being said, unless information is 'released' by or liaised with Nobuemon.

As previously stated by -Notorious, at some point, there was previously a focus to make the player aware of any changes and priorities, which short lived.
    We're lacking closure, and I'm sure most of us are not only playing on Warmane's clusters.
    It's just a simple fact that we are all looking for some closure, as in regards to most of the outlying aspects of this realm and its playability.

On a personal note, I couldn't care less if they closed Frostwolf, nor if they chose to give it, yet again, another direction.
    In fact, if they ever had the plan to do so, we'd not be standing here talking about it.

I'm glad to see some sporadic fixes, sometimes every week. But even lately the new fixes just seem to break previously mended mechanics/gameplay.
    If people wanted to play MOP, which isn't even a bad expansion, in my honest opinion, I believe we can all agree Warmane would not be in the tier list to provide such content. On can go as far as say that the people that stick(ed) around thus far, are not new comers, but a vast minority that's been holding on to those empty promises, in the hopes of seeing Frostwolf alive again.

(...)
    Don't get me wrong, I would love a fresh mop, even with the current state of bugs, but I accepted the reality and got hopes for different mop projects. If Warmane decides on a fresh mop, it'll surely be popular and successful as any other projects they had, especially now that most people had enough of wotlk.
    No offence taken, I'm bigger/wiser than that.
    People will never get enough of WotLK, and it's the reason why Warmane's realms are so popular. They've allocated the resources to their golden goose/chicken, and it seems clear they are profiting out of it.
    It's all business, but Frostwolf, or any other MOP realm that Warmane may launch, will never be as popular as the current "offers on the market", it simply won't.

5. So, to add to this post, I've been scrolling through reddit, because I'm a multiboxer and I need somewhere to play (raid size), and there was a poll for which expansion would you want more releases of. Surprisingly, MOP came out on top. This was not only news to me, but at the same time, I've been specifically looking for an MOP server, because it has the most content for a multiboxer. That alone should be a sign that people are, if not slightly, getting tired of WOTLK. Yes, these servers are pretty full, but that's only because of the remaining players being the majority, who refuse to leave because of their time investment.

I see this as an Opportunity for Warmane. If they can get this thing fixed up and reset by january, they can steal a few hundred from another server I'm looking at. Obviously I won't mention which one, but there's a clock, and it's ticking. Unfortunately, from what I've seen done here in the past few months, has really made me look at this staff much differently, because when I started playing here, I saw probably the most neglect I have ever seen on any MOP server, and I came from Karabor, which didn't have that many devs.

As I said, clock is ticking. Let's see what happens.

6. Hello Kalgas/Nobuga/Proven,

There are some things I'd like to say in response to your comments here.

The excitement was real, and our blood boiled everytime the servers would just crash due to the overwhelming number of players joining.
    I don't remember there being enough people on MoP in 2015 to make the server unstable, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. I am curious as to your claim to anger here, that the expansion was supposedly doing too well, and that's the cause of your anger. Why would you express that, then to follow up with anger that it's not doing well enough? To what end are we aiming for with this?

Firstly, and being a company like Warmane presents itself to be, your customer service is anything but to be desired.
    Many people decide to judge Warmane as a company, and they are welcome to do so if they so choose, but that's not entirely accurate. The server is owned and operated by Wow players. Much of the work we do is in addition to our careers and families, if not all of it for many of us. To judge Warmane purely as a business is a mistake, I think, but people also usually fail to understand that when they judge an entity like Warmane as a business, they do fail to remember that the only thing a business as an entity cares about is making money. That's not what this is, which is likely why many of our decisions may not make sense to you.

Much like a shady 0 star motel, the only thing you are expected to find is signs of abandonment and utterly lack of consideration for those still using your services. Not only is it hard to find someone to that could help you with any issue/bug you will, eventually, face in-game, but the lack of response in a timely matter by your in-game 'advisors'. That if, of course, you don't find yourself in an endless loop, where the only answer you get goes from opening an in-game ticket, to report it via bugtracker, to post it on forums, to 'Your ticket is now closed. Please submit a new ticket if any other issues arise', even though absolutely nothing was done/said/explained to begin with.
    Yeah, Warmane as an entity is not great at support. We don't have the money to outsource it like most companies do, nor do we have the adequate manpower (that we can trust and afford) to staff it ourselves to an extent that a proper business may consider to. But we do try. We do, in fact, do much better than the support teams of businesses that support more legitimate ventures, like the multi-billion-dollar company Amazon that provides fully automated support for New World. Such that you have to wait 48-72 hours for a ban appeal on a 24-hour ban.

Stop leaving us in the dark, or give us ridiculous explanations as to A, B or C isn't working/implemented.
    How ludacris can it be when, the only person we actually have to bridge anything together with anything, is (one of) your Q&A Team member Nobuemon?
    While I think Nobuemon does an excellent job, he's definitely not the only person you have a "bridge" with. Myself and Palutena are happy to talk to you on the forum, and on my own unofficial discord server that I made for the community, that also has a dedicated MoP section - of which MANY community members are aware of. Nobuemon is there too, and has his own dedicated channel for the project.

How disrespectful is it of you, as a company, to just not giving a damn about part of your community/users/clients?
    There's no getting in touch with anyone about anything.
    As I had just explained above, I'm right here. Palutena is as well. In addition to Nobuemon. I would say it's rather disrespectful to those who go out of their way to interact with the community when you say something like this. I get it, you're angry about the state of the expansion, but I would urge you to consider what you're typing before you hit the submit button. Else, you may be sending something inappropriate that you don't mean.

There's no ETA regarding pending bug fixes, which have been on the limbo for months, if not years, on end.
    There's never an ETA. Not even Frostmourne, our current main-focus project, gets this luxury. The WotLK realms also have the same issue of having bugs listed on the bug-tracker that have been there for years. Do you want the WotLK work volume and quality? If so, then this point won't change.

There's not a single flying **** we, players of Frostwolf, have gotten from you, the Staff, regarding the realm's condition/health.
    I have lost count on how many duplicate reports have been made about a same general aspect of the game, which remains unconfirmed/unfixed.
    I have lost count on how many bugs and server crashes I have encountered/caused, when pushing your server's gameplay to an extreme.
    Again, I understand that you're upset, but I also think that this is a bit much. Not a single flying **** you say, but just earlier you granted Nobuemon some of your praise. Which, BY THE WAY, he's QA. The fixes you see are from a Developer. These blanket statements are inappropriate, as I mentioned above. Pray tell. How should we feel about this post? Should we thank you and tell you that we appreciate the encouragement? Or should the few of us that do pay mind to Frostwolf be discouraged for being dismissed as our work is ignored - or otherwise just doesn't mean anything to you? I can tell you right now, that not a single one of us that tries to put any effort at all towards MoP wants to deal with this kind of behavior. Disrespect from the community is all we have gotten in the past however many years (I lost track). Quite frankly, we're tired of it. I'm not the only one, some of the others have said as much to me, and I definitely don't blame them.

How petty and, excusing my language, up someone's *** can you be to actually get someone banned for mailing you 'Pork Chops' as an obvious joke, when the offended is the same person calling others 'bastards ****s/dogs' nonstop on a general Global Chat, as an obvious insult?
    I've asked people more times than I can remember to send me details, information, reports, etc. of these sorts of behaviors. Yet nobody does. I can't help people if they don't work with me on the issues they complain about.

It's just not good enough. Plain and simple...
    You have had all the opportunities to just be straight, honest, or at least realistic with the community.
    We can't be that much of a burden. Some of us are actually trying to improve your realm.

How can you expect players to come and stay around, when the vast majority of your content is either missing or broken?
    It's just not good enough...

I'd like this to be a thread for the willing and for those needing to vent.
    I'd like this thread to bring some attention to the critically damaged aspects of the realm, for those brave souls who still login, week after week, in hopes of a better experience.
    I'd like Warmane to just be honest and open to those who just stick around.

TL;DR
    I am an old front-liner, tired of negligence and just people in general.
    I think I've pretty well explained above how I feel about these sorts of things. If your intent is to vent in a fashion of being disrespectful to the staff here, I strongly advise against it. Not only will it not get you anywhere, it'll get your account actioned. I know that's not what you want. I also know that I don't want to see my co-workers get bashed on. I also don't want my own efforts to be dismissed or disrespected - nor do I want that for anyone else that does anything for MoP and its community. It's in your own best interest to not try and speak out here in anger. Type your angry things if you want, then read them, then backspace it all and rewrite it in a way that would be beneficial to yourself at the very least, if not everyone else that could stand to benefit from an improvement to the community and to the realm.

You say this, but I question it. Hopefully you'll alleviate my concerns.

7. Spoiler: Show
    What a great post mate.

I want to remind people of Warmane's history, and what promises were made when we stuck with this staff after they lost the database with our characters on it, to a single man.

After Molten-WoW died, the staff made a promise to host regular QA streams to listen to the players. Here's a post from the first one:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=287701&page=9

Luckily Empyrean saved a VOD and made a summary for us to view today. Except the VOD is now private, and the summary has been deleted or hidden.

Here's the second QA stream,:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....288693&page=12

Oh, look at that. The VOD is private here too.

Here's what Kaer had to say after Warmane was made from a merger between Arena Tournament and Molten-WoW:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=289354

In that time, one of the 3 expansions has completely shut down (Cataclysm). A second has gotten the attention of maybe 3 whole people from the whole team. Instead of working on these 2 expansions, as the OWNED said we can expect, instead Warmane spent over a year creating a TBC realm, only to have it die and shut that down too.

Here's another thread from the old news section:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=289191

I'll quote that too here:

What an absolute joke this turned out to be. Where's the communication? We have ONE person in the whole team that actually talks to the players on MoP. ONE. I get Mr. Kaer Wolf is too busy being rich, but why is there no communication from Hisue? Why no communication from Proterean? Why no communication from Malaco? Why no communication from any developer, who nobody knows what they work on (or if there even are any developers left).

One final thing I'll mention. We were told we would get regular devlogs as an idea into what the dev team is up to. Here it is:
    https://www.warmane.com/devlog

To find the last post that mentioned Frostwolf, I literally had to use control-F to find it. It was in JULY 2019. MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO.

But its okay Warmane. You guys have done a great job on communicating with the staff. I'm so very glad I believed in the project after you lost our characters in the first place.

I'm ready for my forum ban now, its been a while since the last one.
    Yeah, things change. But at this point, you're like that bad partner in a marriage that likes to keep bringing up things that happened 5 years ago as an excuse to why their emotional and verbal abuse in the current day is OKAY.
    You can stop at any time. None of this helps to solve anything TODAY.

8. What had been mentioned before, and this was a single time, in regards to a seasonal realm of Mists of Pandaria, was here:
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=439590

Nothing was being considered nor planned.
    On discord, there had been plenty of discussion of the topic and other similar topics. There are always plenty of things under consideration, but considering something is not planning. Those are separate things.

In fact, nothing about anything is being said, unless information is 'released' by or liaised with Nobuemon.
    That's wholly false.

As previously stated by -Notorious, at some point, there was previously a focus to make the player aware of any changes and priorities, which short lived.
    We're lacking closure, and I'm sure most of us are not only playing on Warmane's clusters.
    It's just a simple fact that we are all looking for some closure, as in regards to most of the outlying aspects of this realm and its playability.
    It was also out of concern that we didn't want to dislodge players from the server that they wanted to play on due to the moltdown. If you're playing elsewhere that you enjoy more, then that's great. I don't understand why you would come here to complain if you're enjoying the game elsewhere, unless you just have pent up frustrations about unrelated things and see this as a workable outlet.

On a personal note, I couldn't care less if they closed Frostwolf, nor if they chose to give it, yet again, another direction.
    If you don't care about any of that, why are you here? You were just posting about wanting change, now you don't care if there's any?

I'm glad to see some sporadic fixes, sometimes every week. But even lately the new fixes just seem to break previously mended mechanics/gameplay.
    If people wanted to play MOP, which isn't even a bad expansion, in my honest opinion, I believe we can all agree Warmane would not be in the tier list to provide such content. On can go as far as say that the people that stick(ed) around thus far, are not new comers, but a vast minority that's been holding on to those empty promises, in the hopes of seeing Frostwolf alive again.
    That "minority" you speak of also intentionally makes it more difficult on themselves, too. Instead of speaking out to the staff that reach out to them in a manner that would help to improve their experience with the game, they act out in anger and disrespect. They've had channels of communication open to them that they themselves have chosen to close because they can't keep themselves from being toxic to the others around them and the people that seek to help them.

No offence taken, I'm bigger/wiser than that.
    People will never get enough of WotLK, and it's the reason why Warmane's realms are so popular. They've allocated the resources to their golden goose/chicken, and it seems clear they are profiting out of it.
    It's all business, but Frostwolf, or any other MOP realm that Warmane may launch, will never be as popular as the current "offers on the market", it simply won't.
    And yet you blame us for that?

9. To put things plainly and bluntly, if you want better from us, you're going to have to give us better from you. The developer team does not want to communicate with a toxic group that will berate and make memes out of everything they try to do. Not everyone can just deal with daily insults. Even if it was a minority "back in the day", or it's a minority now. They don't want to deal with it. I won't blame them for that. I've offered to be that medium and deal with the bull**** when I have to, but only a handful of the community have bothered to work with me on it. I'm here. I'm on discord too. So is Nobuemon on the other discord server for the heathens. If you don't want to reach out to me or him and talk with us, then you're just going to have to deal with what you have now.

But on to that topic about what you have now;
    I'm going to be leaving for a year here in just over a month. Utilize me while you have me. You also have Nobuemon and a dev that is full-time MoP development, and another dev that helps with it. Furthermore, I won't make anyone guess what's going to happen at the end of Frostmourne's development cycle - more time and attention there for MoP.
    Any lack of communication you may perceive is, I would say, a lack of depth perception. Or perhaps we're just "not good enough" no matter what, and so we're doomed if we DO, and doomed if we DON'T, right? Tell me that you actually care. Go ahead. Tell me that you ACTUALLY care. I'm listening and I'm interested to hear it, because I don't think hardly anyone cares enough to set aside their petty childish behaviors to show anyone some love and care at this point.

10. So, to add to this post, I've been scrolling through reddit, because I'm a multiboxer and I need somewhere to play (raid size), and there was a poll for which expansion would you want more releases of. Surprisingly, MOP came out on top. This was not only news to me, but at the same time, I've been specifically looking for an MOP server, because it has the most content for a multiboxer. That alone should be a sign that people are, if not slightly, getting tired of WOTLK. Yes, these servers are pretty full, but that's only because of the remaining players being the majority, who refuse to leave because of their time investment.

I see this as an Opportunity for Warmane. If they can get this thing fixed up and reset by january, they can steal a few hundred from another server I'm looking at. Obviously I won't mention which one, but there's a clock, and it's ticking. Unfortunately, from what I've seen done here in the past few months, has really made me look at this staff much differently, because when I started playing here, I saw probably the most neglect I have ever seen on any MOP server, and I came from Karabor, which didn't have that many devs.

As I said, clock is ticking. Let's see what happens.
    Personally, I've always held MoP in high regard. I've always been hesitant to play it on a private server because I don't want to taint the experiences I had on retail MoP. In fact, myself, Proterean, Octantis and a few others played retail MoP together and a bit of WoD too. Including doing heroic difficulty on Siege of Orgrimmar. It was a blast. People used to talk smack about the pandas, but I never minded them, and getting past that - the expansion was very good. It's one of my top 3 favorites, being WotLK, MoP and Legion. I'd like for MoP to become a BIG thing for Warmane (again?), and there has been plenty of consideration to that point. Especially since if we ever plan on hosting any post-MoP expansions (like Legion would be awesome), we have to get the MoP systems working. Those systems are a baseline requirement to get an expansion like Legion to work - ALL of the systems are there, including M+. Whether that happens remains to be seen, but just know that the staff isn't blind to the potential of interest in MoP given Blizzard's current status.

11. That all being said;

Reiterating some known info on upcoming projects;
    - A huge phasing overhaul is on the way. This will open doors to other fixes, but also will free up time to work on other fixes as well.
    - Huge incoming questing/leveling overhaul. This might seem like a minor detail for established players, but to get new players, it helps a lot when the leveling experience is smooth. The process will start with key starter zones that really need it badly, and work upward from there.

I'm going to re-emphasize on the point about ETAs. We cannot and will not provide them. Our schedule changes too much. We have **** going on with our jobs and families, plus priorities on the project shift and change all the time. We will try to get fixes out to you ASAP, but please don't expect us to tell you exactly when something's coming. We can tell you what we're working on and maybe a general impression we have on when we believe it will be finished, but no ETAs - no promises.

New information regarding things that are being worked on;
    - Next chapter for the legendary cloak will be released soon (it is being worked on as we speak), and the one after that (the finale and SoO polishing).
    - Huge database rework is in progress which includes things like gossip functions, quests, phasing and more. Many community members may not see this point as important to them, but enables a lot of other fixes and improves the general smoothness and quality of the experience. This will further improve the experience of everyone, but most importantly, the new players that we (staff and community) aim to capture and keep.

On the topic of the change-log, try not to pay much mind to it if you're interested to see recent updates and fixes. It is a compiled list to show past work, not so much current work. If you want something that is more based in real-time, go have a look at the bug-tracker and sort your results by update time. Of course this isn't perfect, because not everything is in there like the big reworks that get pushed as one fix, which will appear in the change-log. It's also important to appreciate the points on those that blanket entire sections of the game. Imagine if Nobuemon went and listed every quest in the Jade Forest, including Order of the Cloud Serpent, that got fixed instead of just posting something to the effect of "Huge fixes/overhaul to questing in the Jade Forest".

Additional points;
    - The Order of the Cloud Serpent and The Tillers are getting some attention. These may be of interest to some players. Farmville + mounts.
    - Several zones in Northrend have gotten a rework. Namely Icecrown, Storm Peaks and Howling Fjord.

12. Allow me to focus on a few of your comments, Mercy.
    With no particular order to it, as my train of thought is disrupted by my in-real-life obligations and duties.

First and foremost,
    While you have your opinions about me, somewhat consolidated, you failed to get to know me on a deeper level.
    That's absolutely fair, for the most part, but believe me when I say I truly hate no one.
    I despise some, and condemn their actions/words, but hate does not grow from it.
    Believe what you want, my nature remains the same.

While we can't agree on it, in my eyes Warmane is a company.
    You can argue against it all you want, and while it's clearly legitimate/specified on their ToS and Privacy details, this 'Non-profit project' meets all criteria of (insert any general formulation/definition here).
    Maybe it's not entirely accurate/correct, but there's a big grey area when it concerns to any Private Servers, of any other game published, and more often than not it'll be held accountable as the group/company. But agree to disagree.

It's remarkable, and somewhat offensive, that you think me and my 'colleagues' think/take Nobuemon (and pardon me for speaking of you again, without any notice) as a part of the development team, or someone who can magically fix the bugs we encounter and report.
    As previously, and clearly, mentioned:
    (...)
    (...)
    - This will be the only quote throughout my reply.
    By all means, take this thread with a pinch of salt, or the whole shaker if you must, but this is by no means a praising one.
    I give credit to the person that deserves it, and, in my eyes only Nobuemon seems to seek to at least gives us any information (again, I'm sorry).
    I understand you feel offended, and maybe that's alright, but this thread was never destined to the few that still play the server, but to those who have ignored it for as long as we remember.
    You've also mentioned your name and Poluta's, however, I've never gotten the slightest hint of aid from either. In fact, when was the last time you've spoken to any of the players of Frostwolf, in regards to game breaking bugs, or the fact that the end-game content is limited to 2 guilds, for PvE, both played by the same group Alliance/Horde, or the fact that PvP is now inexistent due to people being scared of the consequences of playing the game right, but still getting banned for it? When mentioning that no information has been given, unless through liaison with Nobuemon, this not only applies to me, but to the 'key' players that still take their time playing end-game content, and all other content for that matter, in order to fully report all bugged aspects of the realm.
    Correct if I'm wrong, but none of the 9 to 10 players I (daily) play with mentioned anything, server-related, from you.
    I know you're part of an Unofficial Discord, but the little time I was there, it gave me no confidence that none of the members, with the exception of the one mentioned earlier, actually was working towards bridging the problems faced by the community to those in charge of carrying out the difference and change, mainly the Game Developer(s).
    On a different note, it's naive for you to think that assistance can be offer, but only to those who play your rules, on your discord, arbitrarily. Yes, I was banned there, and possibly with some justification, but I've seen much worse offences being treated much differently. But this is not the time, nor the place to comment and judge, as I'm happier this way.

Mentioning that the future of Frostwolf, and any of its paved systems (season realm etc..), were discussed discussed on an Unofficial Discord server, cannot be taken as an appropriate mean of broadcasting such projects.
    Clearly, there's been no comments on Warmane's official media sites/platforms, and as it stands, I'm not on the wrong here.
    I've also distinguish something that is considered is not always planned, but not vice versa.

You might want to take this thread with a pinch of salt, or even the whole shaker, but if you felt overwhelmed or affected/offended by it, you're probably part of the problem.
    I don't mean to discourage anyone from playing the server and absolutely not discourage Staff from working on Frostwolf.
    I can vent, like I did throughout the server, but offended no one.
    I can be angry, but respectful, like I have been, for the vast majority of my journey.
    It's in my own interest to see a realm that was once thriving, doing so poorly, after such a long time and notice being flagged by its players.
    You can contradict me all you want, but if you think what's being done and worked on Frostwolf is 'good enough', I beg much to differ. Maybe you ought to say that the time invested by the Staff members that still deal with MOP, is not proportional to the outcomes the players have received. But then again, most of us are not part of your team, and thus we can only comment and address what we are present with, and have to deal with in-game.

It's unreasonable for you to think I blame the Staff, working towards Frostwolf, for the success of other Warmane's expansions.
    Nothing was ever said by me, in regards to this.

On another topic, in relation to the player who single-handedly killed all PvP content for Frostwolf.
    Players have used the in-game reporting options, to have it dealt with, and all got nowhere.
    It's not the lack of evidence or approach, it just seems that some GM, or action takers for that matter, rather look the other way, for some reason.
    I believe Staff can access chat logs, can they not? If so, why infer that no actions are needed, or not justified, but yet ban other people for playing the game legit?
    It's beyond me, but I've left the PvP scenario long before it became extinct.

All I preach for is transparency, though official channels.
    It's not good enough the empty promises made, which didn't carry out the full potential of Frostwolf, when it was at its highest peak.
    Whoever contributed to that is responsible for the state it presents as, at the moment.
    I accept the fact that most of your players aren't welcoming, but this game isn't welcoming from the start, if the first thing it gives you, into the expansion, is a completely empty phase/area.

You mentioned I don't care if there isn't any changed, although I never said it.
    I said I didn't care whether they decided to close Frostwolf, or go on a different path, but either option is a change nonetheless, is it not?
    The fact that I stick around, though rough and shady times, despite still playing other Private Servers, should give you no reason to doubt why I'm here, and why I complain about the state of the server, as I'm sure you're aware.
    Most players don't want to come to the forums and discuss anything, because it's too time consuming, and we don't always get the answers we set out to get - good or bad answers, simply none.
    If ETAs are unreasonable to be asked for, why not start and stick and Forum thread, with all key aspects being worked on, and update it as they are fixed/released?
    Bugtracker can only give so munch information, but pending reports from 4 years ago offers no comfort.
    Developers/Change log comes once in a full moon and, as you mentioned, and we were made aware long ago, it just compiles all previous work done, and does set much of a meta to achieve in the future/present.
    So why not use the Forums for such? To keep players updated, rather than affirming I lack depth perception, when in fact I get told nothing of what's happening in the shadows.
    No doubts in my mind that most work done, before the actual release/fix, is far greater than the simple conclusion of it. But this is just an assumption, at this time, as I'm not part of your team. So do tell me where my depth perception is, if information is not handed out.

This minority that still plays the end-game content can be harsh and provocative, sure.
    But you're well aware of all the server as been through, and how many of us 'suffered together'.
    You're not right to say you're doomed whether you do something or do nothing. And the reason being players are not being kept on the loop, when it comes to Official Channels. At least not Frostwolf players.
    I've stick around, regardless of playing other Private Servers. Regardless of there being major game-breaking bugs, that, until sometime ago, prevented players from fully clearing the expansion, obviously without the dedicated items to accomplish that feat. If I did not care for the server, nor the expansion in general, why would I bother with reports, posts and threads? Why would I even play the server, if I think so trash, you might ask?
    Ever come to mind I'm hopeful for a decent future of the realm, and that everything I've accomplished is to be proud of?
    You're letting your emotions getting the best of you, it seems.
    If I wanted to be a bystander, we'd not be having any discussions here.

You can play the guess game all you want, as to what will happen when the development of Frostmourne comes to an end.
    But the main question still remains the same: How long is Frostwolf going to be this ignored for?
    Sure more resources will become free at the end of the development cycle, but, once again, nothing is told about the shift of the attention to be centred to the remaining expansion available in Warmane. If this is the plan, and not a guess, then wouldn't you agree players need to be made aware of?
    Why the games? Why the charades? Why not just transparency?

Other than playing retail, like myself and other players did, how much do you actually play MOP-based servers?
    Scratch that, how much do you actually play Frostwolf?
    Being aware of the bugs and breaks, is different from playing and being a part of the group that encounters then, wouldn't you agree?
    So, out the of 10, maybe 15 players that can pursuit the end-game content, how many of them do you know and played with?
    Possibly 1, if none..
    I'm bashing at no one but the ones that chose to ignore the realm, and leave it to nearly die, so take it personal? Your channels are opened, but so are the players', including mine. Give me more feedback and more news. Don't make me hunt for it, or go on a scavenge hunt through unofficial means.

I know the fixes are not intended to please everyone, or even follow the order of what's more desired at this stage, for the players. But at least we're getting them, and that's something.
    Obviously we're still waiting for the end-game Cloak to be fully implemented, but we settled to have the Legendary Gem available, as the next best thing.
    Obviously we're still waiting for major glyphs to be implemented, and boss mechanics to be fixed, but we settled to be able to carry new comers that are interested in the PvE aspect of the expansion.
    Obviously we're the clients of a service, and as such we should have a say on how it's being handled.
    We can agree that not everyone has the patience, or skills to communicate unbiased, at this point. But the wait as been long. Don't make it Illidan Stormrage's long.

I wish you all the best in your gap year, and future endeavours, Mercy.
    But if you cannot contribute with anything via official means, please don't insult my intelligence the way you are.
    Consider buying me a drink, before trying to screw me.
    All the best.
    Edited: November 28, 2021

13. I just find it sad that Mercy is always the one taking on the hard questions, while the others are the ones making all these decisions, and Mercy is just answering for it. I get it, it's your job, but let someone who refuses to speak on it, speak for themselves. We already know you care, we wanna know if they do, or if they even understand what's really happening here. How many of them have logged into this server and leveled to 90? how many of them have hit a brick wall, fell through the floor, got disconnected consistently? I think that's always been the issue here, which is why they failed to see what would happen to the server if they reduced the multiboxing size. They just don't experience these things, so they don't understand how critical their decisions can be.

My suggestion? stop answering for them and let them answer questions they have almost no experience in answering. I played here months ago, and there's still no quest line for that cloak? come on. Let's shake the tree a bit. I'm a player who's already left, but even I want some legitimate answers to this. What is taking so long? and why does long have to mean YEARS?

14. First and foremost,
    While you have your opinions about me, somewhat consolidated, you failed to get to know me on a deeper level.
    Hence the questions.

I wish you all the best in your gap year, and future endeavours, Mercy.
    Thank you.

But if you cannot contribute with anything via official means, please don't insult my intelligence the way you are.
    Consider buying me a drink, before trying to screw me.
    All the best.
    You don't think I contribute anything official? You are sorely mistaken. You choosing to take that as an insult to your intelligence says a lot more about you than it does me.

I just find it sad that Mercy is always the one taking on the hard questions, while the others are the ones making all these decisions, and Mercy is just answering for it. I get it, it's your job, but let someone who refuses to speak on it, speak for themselves. We already know you care, we wanna know if they do, or if they even understand what's really happening here. How many of them have logged into this server and leveled to 90? how many of them have hit a brick wall, fell through the floor, got disconnected consistently? I think that's always been the issue here, which is why they failed to see what would happen to the server if they reduced the multiboxing size. They just don't experience these things, so they don't understand how critical their decisions can be.

My suggestion? stop answering for them and let them answer questions they have almost no experience in answering. I played here months ago, and there's still no quest line for that cloak? come on. Let's shake the tree a bit. I'm a player who's already left, but even I want some legitimate answers to this. What is taking so long? and why does long have to mean YEARS?
    You may realize that I care, but I think that it's fairly evident by their hostility towards me that the others do not. That said, there are others that do care about MoP a great deal. Nobuemon is obvious, but there are others. They care not to post on the forum, and I don't believe that they should have to. I don't think that it's fair to insist someone to do something they don't want to do on a personal level, especially if it makes them uncomfortable to the point that it gets in the way of their work. They do and have experienced these things, just as we all did on WotLK years ago. Also, I would say that I'm not answering for them. That's not the way of things, nor do I think that is how this should work. If the community here wants every single staff member to engage them in conversation before they'd be willing to help us help themselves, then I don't think that's something worth my time and it'd be best if we just went ahead and worked on the server on our own without their input. If they want to make that sacrifice just so that they can continue to whine and complain, I say let them. That's their choice, not mine.

12 Last