1. my boe items and gold are gone

So i had a mail came in and i wanted to check it out. When i clicked the mailbox my game crashed, then my choker, some other boe items + more than 3k gold was gone when i logged back in. Is this a bug or scam?. The addons i use are Elvui, DBM, Atlasloot, Omen and GearScore. Been using those addons for past 3 years so nothign new.

2. Hard to believe anything can be executed from ingame mail without something being put on your PC first.

Anyone logged from another IP into your account?

3. Just FYI, maybe a month or two ago I tried looking for a macro that can insta delete an uncommon/rare/epic item from the bag without having to interact with the confirmation prompt. The macro works as intended... for ONE item. As soon as it starts deleting multiple items, the server kicks you out(probably for obvious reasons) and you have to log back in, but the items are NOT deleted.

It's probably not related, but I think something of the sort happened to you as well, although I don't see how it happened just by opening a mail.

4. It sounds like you got disconnected because someone else logged on your account and sent the items and gold away before you managed to log back in.

If it was only ingame login, it won't appear in any logs on website. It only shows last ingame login so when you log back in, it's already too late to check if someone else had logged on your account.

Change your password and consider enabling 2FA to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Edit: It's technically possible that a malicious addon could have sent the items and gold away when you clicked on the mailbox and then did something to disconnect you or crash the game. But if you haven't got any new addons lately or redownloaded them from unreliable sources, that's very unlikely.
    Edited: November 27, 2021

5. I've never seen such an addon in works that auto sends items. You actually do need to have access to a mailbox to do it.
    What i presume is the usual "I didn't share my account with anyone (but you did) situation.

6. It sounds like you got disconnected because someone else logged on your account and sent the items and gold away before you managed to log back in.

If it was only ingame login, it won't appear in any logs on website. It only shows last ingame login so when you log back in, it's already too late to check if someone else had logged on your account.

Change your password and consider enabling 2FA to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Edit: It's technically possible that a malicious addon could have sent the items and gold away when you clicked on the mailbox and then did something to disconnect you or crash the game. But if you haven't got any new addons lately or redownloaded them from unreliable sources, that's very unlikely.
    i do have 2FA enabled, if it was one of the people i shared my account with, i don't think i have the will to keep playing the game anymore. Thanks for your insight

7. Don't ever share your account simple as that, there are no exceptions, suit yourself if anything would happend.