1. Armor or avoidance.

Hi,i was wondering why people build armor instead of avoidance,with full armor i have 72% pysical dmg reduction,with my full avoidance set i have 69% reduced physical dmg and 8% more chance to dodge hit.So my question is why 3% of physical is better than 8% of avoidance coz some hc bosses hit for like 30k and 3% reduced dmg is bit funny,instead of avoiding 30k dmg.Am i missing smth or idk.

2. in short: reliability

healers work in a certain way, damage has specific times negated by CDs and "passive" damage from boss is healed easily and avoiding one strike will not really matter, especially since it's rng. Better to have 3% less damage taken when you need it instead of maybe or maybe not avoiding playing guessing game if you go splat or healers just overheal you since you avoided.

Not sure what you mean by "avoidance" gear, but armor+stamina will work better with wotlk mechanics.

3. Avoidance is gear that doesnt give bonus armor like t10 hands or smth but instead gives more parry or dodge.

4. It's perfectly fine to not to go for "armor" pieces, as long as you dont go nuts and gem avoidance or something. Idk how you will manage your t10 if you dont use gloves tough. Choices are pretty limited. At the endgame you can easily choose pieces by max stamina you can get out of them, it will be well into comfortable survival "zone" armor wise.

5. Well i have HC shoulders and taldaram plated fists instead of armor gloves.

6. if primary reason to get particular item is avoidance, you likely shouldn't do it

dont make yourself into paper-tank, making damage on you as even and predictable as possible is the key

better spend your effort into making few sets/items to guaranteed resist 20% shadow/frost damages, which will be 10x more useful and worth some sacrifice, compared to some rng avoided(or not) melee swing

7. 4 T10 set gives you another CD to use. Even though it's ****ty dodge rating (ICC), still does some mitigation.

8. Even though it's ****ty dodge rating
    It's not dodge rating, but a flat dodge % increase.

9. 4t10 set iis very useful coz of 12% increased dodge.

10. 4t10 set iis very useful coz of 12% increased dodge.
    It's generally accepted as rubbish by most paladin tanks and for a good reason. RNG is RNG,you might still get hit while the proc is up,you might dodge an attack or two(tho there's no way to tell if you could've dodged it without the set bonus - thus hard to get an actual value) you might not,but when you don't,you get hit harder than if you simply ignore the 4pc. Sure,it's an extra cooldown which paladins lack,but a shoddy cooldown is just that,a shoddy cooldown.

11. Well honestly i use that 4t10 cd when halion trinket triggers,and it showed to be good in many fights,ofc u cant predict when he will dodge but u will dodge 60% more attacks when trinket and 4t10 are active.Its good when u drop below 35% hp u activate t10 and it lowers u chance to activate ardent defender,and so far it never happen to me.

12. Well that is pretty nice Idea. T10 with Halion Trinket proc but the problem is only for once. What is the situation when you went down that low that triggered the PTS?. If it is because of Saurfang soft enrage for example then you're ****ed. He will bring your hp down again just like he did the first time and this time there is no PTS proc and T10 is on cooldown, your Ardent defender will proc regardless. That's why we never rely on RNG when it comes to damage, we anticipate that all physical damage done by the boss will hit us and we prepare to mitigate that, dodge and parry are just bonus and not stats we really go after. In my experience raiding in Lordaeron, saurfang HC for example I get around 15k physical damage from Saurfang soft enrage with 42k armor(46k with pots and buffs) vs 26k physical when I switch from PTS/Organ to Corroded Skeleton Key/TOC tank trink.

Now think about this, you are tank with 57k HP but the boss is hitting you for 26k, that's 3 hits and your dead compared to when you have 52k HP where the boss hits for 15k, by the time the boss is about to land the 4th killing blow your healers already got you. Well if the healers fails to cast a spell after the boss hits you twice well you gotta leave the raid but just for example xD.

13. Well i never had prob with dbs,i did trigger ardent few times but it was only coz healers was new or it was low geared run and i bring my pala tank coz he wasnt saved.And i have mixed gear some with extra armor but not all,its just having all items with armor is losing of bonuses coz more armor u have less contribution of it u have,idk if u guys ever saw how much actually dmg reduction u get.So id rather have 70% physical dmg reduced and 25%parry,30% dodge, than goin full armor that gives 72,5% physical dmg reduction and 20% parry and 24% dodge.U literally lose 11% avoid which for me is a bit too much.

14. For you maybe. For any competitive raid? No. Stamina + armormis best possible build in WotLK era, no matter what you "feel". Facts ignore your feelings, you either build properly or "enjoy" your tank being kicked from raid due to avoidance fun build

15. Well i do gruns not pugs and my pala tank did till synra hc,and it was not tanking prob it was more prob of tactics,so i never got kicked.Well u build what u think its best i mean 11% more avoidance over 2% reduced physical dmg.

12 Last