1. Might of the Faithful Bad for Fury Warrior?

Hey there,

I have a fresh 80 warrior who I started to gear as prot. But as time went on I came to regret that idea. I enjoyed playing it but soon grew tired of getting berated for having low GS as tank. There are a few, what I would call "high-horse" healers who I've never met that would play silly mind-games just in spite of my crappy gear- that and general tryhard attitude of players that make lowbie tanking a nightmare.

It went from being commended for holding aggro in one dungeon, to being harassed and ridiculed in the next. So in light of that, I decided to try out Fury spec, which I happened to enjoy immensely right off the bat. Problem is I'm not that good at it, or so it would seem.

So far I've only been able to source two Colossal Skull-Clad Cleavers. My Hit rating is 272 and my Expertise is 23 and crit at 36%. Despite this I can never manage to do over 2.5k dps, and even less on bosses.

According to some Warrior guides, crit and haste rank quite low on the stat priority list which makes me think Might of the Faithful might be a really stupid investment, and might not even end up fixing what it is that I am lacking.

It took me ages to afford that Hilt that I've been hanging on to for long while, and I have other characters that would benefit from it too. At this point I'm inclined to use the hilt for my Warr purely out of desperation.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

2. So. Old time warrior here.

I've played all sorts of content in literally every spec available to our class.

First of all. You would much rather focus on getting strength / armor penetration, rather than haste/crit.

Being hit capped and expertise capped is extremely important, but so is the right main stat. If it is possible for you to reach 60-70% passive armor penetration, then go with it. If not, then stay with strength stacking.
    You don't want agility till you reach end-game, and actually start getting good gear. I can help you out in game, if you contact me by the same name as my forum name, then I can tell you what you have to focus on, as well as help you out with your rotation, spec, glyphs and other minor details that might put your DPS to another level.

Before you finish off that Battered Hilt, I recommend you shoot me a message so I can check out your setup.

3. So. Old time warrior here.

I've played all sorts of content in literally every spec available to our class.

First of all. You would much rather focus on getting strength / armor penetration, rather than haste/crit.

Being hit capped and expertise capped is extremely important, but so is the right main stat. If it is possible for you to reach 60-70% passive armor penetration, then go with it. If not, then stay with strength stacking.
    You don't want agility till you reach end-game, and actually start getting good gear. I can help you out in game, if you contact me by the same name as my forum name, then I can tell you what you have to focus on, as well as help you out with your rotation, spec, glyphs and other minor details that might put your DPS to another level.

Before you finish off that Battered Hilt, I recommend you shoot me a message so I can check out your setup.
    Hey Truekripp,

Thank you for the info and the generous offer to help me out. I will try to contact you and find a moment when you are not too busy.

At the moment I am very much in the (beggars can't be choosers) category when it comes to gear. Finding it really hard to source any gear with Expertise on it. And going for a Tyrannical beheader is risky business as there's a good chance of being kicked for bad dps lol. Also did a few HOR-N runs for Mourning Malice, but no such luck thus far.

If I don't catch you online I will make an effort to start stacking that strength and ARP. I am currently gemmed for Expertise/hit, but that should change when I can afford the 245 headpiece.

Thanks a lot for your time and willingness to help out a struggling noob. :)

4. Pleasure being of as much help as I can be.

Also, I am sadly an Icecrown pleb, so I am stuck on that realm for all eternity, so if you are from any of our other realms, there isn't much I can do besides asking you for an armoury link, and I'll try to list some of the things that you should do, instead of giving you the stuff in-game.
    I'd much rather accept a discord chat, where we can go over all your questions and try to work on what you're doing, instead of spamming a forum post.

If you feel like the discord idea works, don't hesitate to add me up on truekripp#0001

5. Pleasure being of as much help as I can be.

Also, I am sadly an Icecrown pleb, so I am stuck on that realm for all eternity, so if you are from any of our other realms, there isn't much I can do besides asking you for an armoury link, and I'll try to list some of the things that you should do, instead of giving you the stuff in-game.
    I'd much rather accept a discord chat, where we can go over all your questions and try to work on what you're doing, instead of spamming a forum post.

If you feel like the discord idea works, don't hesitate to add me up on truekripp#0001
    Lol, it only just dawned upon me that you could be on another server. I am on Lorderon, so that is unfortunate for me.

Regards the discord chat- it's cool. I don't expect someone to tutor me on such an intimate level and on exterior channels. Contacting you in-game would have been a lot less intrusive I feel. That and I could never get discord to work. It always asks for a mobile number which I don't have.

I'll follow the advice you have already given though. I really appreciate the input. Many thanks!

6. I'm Wulfgarr on Lorderon, and can help you out with some pointers, just message me in game or respond to me in this thread.

One thing I will say, that Battered Hilt will get you through to ICC until you get a better weapon (Shodow's Edge, for one). It's an expensive item, but if you're serious about your warrior and enjoy it, then it's a GREAT investment.

ALso, you have way too much hit. Your precision talent gives 3% hit, so you only need 5% more, which is like 162 or something. Drop some hit if you can, get to 26 expertise. Those two stats are 1st priority. Then go all strength for now. Once you think you can reach 80% arp with added gems, then switch over. Some people say you can switch earlier, but it's debatable, and you might lose dps.

7. I'm Wulfgarr on Lorderon, and can help you out with some pointers, just message me in game or respond to me in this thread.

One thing I will say, that Battered Hilt will get you through to ICC until you get a better weapon (Shodow's Edge, for one). It's an expensive item, but if you're serious about your warrior and enjoy it, then it's a GREAT investment.

ALso, you have way too much hit. Your precision talent gives 3% hit, so you only need 5% more, which is like 162 or something. Drop some hit if you can, get to 26 expertise. Those two stats are 1st priority. Then go all strength for now. Once you think you can reach 80% arp with added gems, then switch over. Some people say you can switch earlier, but it's debatable, and you might lose dps.
    Hey Chiroguy,

Thanks much for the input. Would you say MITF is a large improvement over having say, two Tyrannical Beheaders? Do we benefit that much from that seemingly small amount of flat weapon damage? I'm just curious/cautious as I can only really afford to have one hilt weapon.

At this point I'll be happy to be in a position where I am not kicked out or ridiculed for bad DPS lol.

I totally forgot about the hit talent. Thanks for bringing that up! Am also Draenie, so there's another 1%. One of my trinkets is a blue Hit trinket, so I will get rid of that ASAP. I've been searching for any trinks with Expertise but have not seen anything. Both of my trinkets are pretty garbage actually.

What eludes me is how we are so supposed to get enough Expertise without gemming for it. As far as I can tell, there's only one EOT piece with Expertise, which I have, but it was not nearly enough. Currently, I do not have a single Strength or ARP gem- I honestly thought the high crit and AP on the gear itself would produce more damage output, but perhaps the problem is me lol.

Appreciate the help.

Edit:

Luck finally smiled upon me as I just now got the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion from FOS- This was despite 3 people needing on it, including the healer lol. I am now down to 217 Hit rating and 41% crit.

Edit2:

Omgomgomg! I just got Mourning Malice from HOR!! Today the gods surely smile upon me. I've only seen that drop a handful of times across all my guys, so this moment is especially awesome. :)

Thank you, RNG Gods!
    Edited: December 22, 2021

8. Grats on the new gear!

1) Maybe try to farm Banner of Victory from ToC 5 man for your other trinket.

2) Not sure about your GS/gear. If you link your armory it would help. Once you get enough gear score to queue heroics, do them EVERY day to get EOFs...that's the gear that will get you to 5.4ish where you can start doing ICC. Once you get to 5kish gs, you can start doing VOA and maybe some weeklies for more EOFs. You're gonna eventually be using the 4-piece t10 set for warriors (head, chest, shoulders, and legs) For belt/gloves you can either go plate or leather with your EOF's. Those leather items give arp I believe.

BTW, I still think that Quel Delar is a great investment. Better gear, gear score, and dps is what's gonna get you into and be decent in ICC raids, which is your END GAME GOAL for the best gear. (Also RS25)

9. Battered Hilt is a good investment for your char but you should choose the Ferocity of the Scorned version, instead of Might of the Faithful. Agility, Attack Power, Crit and Armor Penetration is a better stat combination than Strength, Crit and Haste.
    Edited: December 22, 2021

10. Grats on the new gear!

1) Maybe try to farm Banner of Victory from ToC 5 man for your other trinket.

2) Not sure about your GS/gear. If you link your armory it would help. Once you get enough gear score to queue heroics, do them EVERY day to get EOFs...that's the gear that will get you to 5.4ish where you can start doing ICC. Once you get to 5kish gs, you can start doing VOA and maybe some weeklies for more EOFs. You're gonna eventually be using the 4-piece t10 set for warriors (head, chest, shoulders, and legs) For belt/gloves you can either go plate or leather with your EOF's. Those leather items give arp I believe.

BTW, I still think that Quel Delar is a great investment. Better gear, gear score, and dps is what's gonna get you into and be decent in ICC raids, which is your END GAME GOAL for the best gear. (Also RS25)
    Thanks man. :)

Yeah I'll check out that Banner trinket. I have always been discouraged from farming in ToC as it seems every man and his pet weasel are farming those trinkets, and in my experience, there's a fair amount of off-spec needing. So I don't have very high hopes for that.

Sorry for not linking my character profile. Honestly, I'm just worried about certain implications like opening myself up to being trolled or harassed in-game.

My GS is around 4.7 right now, though it's artificially inflated by some funky items I bought like the 264 healing plate belt. It had crit, haste, stamina and gem slots, so it was, at the time, better than my blue quest reward stuff. Still haven't found anything to replace it with. I wasted a lot of emblems on Tank gear initially like the 245 head piece and legs. I have since replaced them with Fury/DPS counterparts.

Yesterday, after getting Mourning Malice and the headpiece, I did two more dungeons to see how things improved and to my surprise I did almost 4k dps overall in one dungeon, but only 3.3k in the next. My dps still sucks on bosses, averaging only 2.4k. I just spam Heroic strike and Bloodthirst and then Execute with the occasional Whirlwind if my rage is maxed out.

I think you've sold me on the Hilt weapon lol. Thanks a lot for the help and encouragement, it means alot. :)

Battered Hilt is a good investment for your char but you should choose the Ferocity of the Scorned version, instead of Might of the Faithful. Agility, Attack Power, Crit and Armor Penetration is a better stat combination than Strength, Crit and Haste.
    Hey PanofskyII,

Thanks for chiming in with that. I saw a fellow warrior using that exact weapon in HOR when I got my Mourning Malice. Truthfully I didn;t even know that one existed. Seems like the better option for sure. And as others have pointed out, Agility isn't too bad of a stat to have by end-game.

Appreciate the advice. :D
    Edited: December 23, 2021

11. Thanks man. :)

Yeah I'll check out that Banner trinket. I have always been discouraged from farming in ToC as it seems every man and his pet weasel are farming those trinkets, and in my experience, there's a fair amount of off-spec needing. So I don't have very high hopes for that.

Sorry for not linking my character profile. Honestly, I'm just worried about certain implications like opening myself up to being trolled or harassed in-game.

My GS is around 4.7 right now, though it's artificially inflated by some funky items I bought like the 264 healing plate belt. It had crit, haste, stamina and gem slots, so it was, at the time, better than my blue quest reward stuff. Still haven't found anything to replace it with. I wasted a lot of emblems on Tank gear initially like the 245 head piece and legs. I have since replaced them with Fury/DPS counterparts.

Yesterday, after getting Mourning Malice and the headpiece, I did two more dungeons to see how things improved and to my surprise I did almost 4k dps overall in one dungeon, but only 3.3k in the next. My dps still sucks on bosses, averaging only 2.4k. I just spam Heroic strike and Bloodthirst and then Execute with the occasional Whirlwind if my rage is maxed out.

I think you've sold me on the Hilt weapon lol. Thanks a lot for the help and encouragement, it means alot. :)

Hey PanofskyII,

Thanks for chiming in with that. I saw a fellow warrior using that exact weapon in HOR when I got my Mourning Malice. Truthfully I didn;t even know that one existed. Seems like the better option for sure. And as others have pointed out, Agility isn't too bad of a stat to have by end-game.

Appreciate the advice. :D
    No problem on helping fellow warriors on the server.

If you haven't done the Battered Hilt chain quest before, you end up choosing (if I remember correctly) between four or five versions of the Quel'Delar weapon. The best one for a fury warrior is definetly the two-handed called Ferocity of the Scorned.

About the rest of your gear, don't spend money on items which may increase your gearscore but are really bad for you. The Lordaeron community is so damn gearscore-centric it gets to my nerves. Asking for 5,5k gs to join VoA25 pugs is just insane, even for a realm where the pve content difficulty has been increased.

Money isn't easy to make for a new player on Lordaeron, save it for the items which are worthy. The best items you can buy now are those crafted by the blacksmiths. You either buy the item or the mats the blacksmith needs to craft them, adding a little fue. I suggest the Hellfrozen Bonegrinders boots (ilvl264, with 2 gems slot, Strenght, Crit and Arp) and the Titanium Spikeguards bracers (ilvl245, with one gem slot and the same stats).

Try to jump in those ToC5 normal farming groups. The Banner of Victory is the best trinket you can get for free when your reach lvl 80. As for the second trinket, for now you can buy the Mirror of Truth, which will cost you 40 emblems of heroism (from doing rdf hc you get 40 emblems of triumph, go to the emblem vendors and trade them for 40 emblems of conquest > 40 emblems of valor > 40 emblems of heroism and you buy the trinket). Join the ICC Rep Farm raids and choose the agility version of the Ashen Ring, not the Strenght one.

12. No problem on helping fellow warriors on the server.

If you haven't done the Battered Hilt chain quest before, you end up choosing (if I remember correctly) between four or five versions of the Quel'Delar weapon. The best one for a fury warrior is definetly the two-handed called Ferocity of the Scorned.

About the rest of your gear, don't spend money on items which may increase your gearscore but are really bad for you. The Lordaeron community is so damn gearscore-centric it gets to my nerves. Asking for 5,5k gs to join VoA25 pugs is just insane, even for a realm where the pve content difficulty has been increased.

Money isn't easy to make for a new player on Lordaeron, save it for the items which are worthy. The best items you can buy now are those crafted by the blacksmiths. You either buy the item or the mats the blacksmith needs to craft them, adding a little fue. I suggest the Hellfrozen Bonegrinders boots (ilvl264, with 2 gems slot, Strenght, Crit and Arp) and the Titanium Spikeguards bracers (ilvl245, with one gem slot and the same stats).

Try to jump in those ToC5 normal farming groups. The Banner of Victory is the best trinket you can get for free when your reach lvl 80. As for the second trinket, for now you can buy the Mirror of Truth, which will cost you 40 emblems of heroism (from doing rdf hc you get 40 emblems of triumph, go to the emblem vendors and trade them for 40 emblems of conquest > 40 emblems of valor > 40 emblems of heroism and you buy the trinket). Join the ICC Rep Farm raids and choose the agility version of the Ashen Ring, not the Strenght one.
    Hey, Thanks for the reply.

I only bought the Belt to get into Heroics. It has served it's purpose, but ironically it has better stats than anything else I've come across, despite being a healing class belt lol. I still have it equipped actually. Have not had any belts drop, unfortunately.

Just today I blew my wad on the Bonegrinders. Though yet to see much of a difference in DPS. I'm guessing it's because I haven't got ARP stacked high enough to where the relatively small amount on boots will make any tangible difference.

What ended up boosting my dps more than anything was upgrading to Mourning Malice and Edge of Ruin. I somehow managed 6k dps during the first phases in HOR, which I have to believe was a result of party buffs or something. It leveled out to be just over 4k by the end. Single target DPS is still horrible. But now I am doing anywhere between 4.5k and 5k in most dungeons, peaking at around 6k in trash-heavy encounters. But on bosses I only do around 3.3k. Still not sure what I am doing wrong there.

Thank you for mentioning that Mirror of Truth trinket. I swear, I had searched the vendors for trinkets but I missed those. It's going on my list as next purchase.

Much appreciated :)