1. i have only 1 thing to say... no more donations from me , and my friends, i guess... they are not obligated to do nothing, but it's in their interest to do it, and since we get punished for our dedicated time , that became wasted time ... this is how u lose income.

2. so majority exploited in a fun event wich didnt got tested properly and takes 5 mins to find out aswell as didnt took long even to find out about that exploit why is this server not banned yet i dont get it
    The same I was going to say, they did an event in a hurry a few days before (possibly a day before), without testing it properly, in the end the players were responsible for that, when the creators should recognize their mistake and leave things as they are, giving everyone the same prize to whoever accesses the event,and place a new reward with the event "fixed", I mean, Why look bad with the players for a simple toy?

3. Agree, i tho it will be like regular event like horseman mount, big love rocket mount or other events, when u can join 1time in 24 hrs with 1 toon for reward, but this zombie event its for like 1% of all server population, and from that 1% of ppls lots of multiboxes

4. I appreciate being given the opportunity to do an obstacle course that seems impossible to finish (**** those barrels), only to have to kill a bunch of high health mobs with an insanely low drop rate.

I was there for 2 hours before I got past the barrels, eventually quit before I finished because of how much damn time it was taking.

So when I saw a friend was selling costume runs I had him run me.

Did I feel bad about cheesing? No, because who ever made this didn't feel bad that it was poorly designed.

Clever use of available game mechanics =\= cheating.

Using third party software to teleport your character somewhere = cheating.

Clever use of available game mechanics =\= cheating.

Using third party software to teleport your character somewhere = cheating.

5. Any exploit can be prevented by "just" not letting it happen - or by players not using them. You can say and repeat that it's our "fault" for not considering everything and leaving room, but it takes conscious action on players to make use of shortcuts that should be clear aren't intended.

As for the rest of your questions, you'd have to ask someone involved in the organization/maintenance of the events, which I'm not.
    Well,i don't mind adapting Activision community management practices too much,i'm used to the fun police by now(though this is kinda petty even for Activision,they wouldn't do something like this even for the Karazhan skip),but at the very least do make a news post about it,it literally takes two whole minutes.

6. Well,i don't mind adapting Activision community management practices too much,i'm used to the fun police by now(though this is kinda petty even for Activision,they wouldn't do something like this even for the Karazhan skip),but at the very least do make a news post about it,it literally takes two whole minutes.

Activision Blizzard is one of the biggest players in the industry, with 2020 net revenue of $8.1 billion and net income of $2.2 billion. 3 Its market capitalization was $71.6 billion as of July 9, 2021.

please don't compare it with warmane LOL

7. I find it sad that the alien invasions didn't make a come back the last few years. I don't understand the hate they got. In their final form, they were a real grind and a pain in the ***. I farmed the heck out of that event, and got 4 characters full T10. But it was a real grind, didn't sleep for the whole duration of the event or almost and ended up with severe pain in my left hand from spamming to get the tag on them bosses. Not even forgetting that before that, I stopped playing, it made me come back and got me busy with my new characters for the next years to come. People speak as if every single person participating got a bunch of eofs just by staying afk and doing nothing. It was only a few bosses in few zones scattered all around azeroth, add to that a ton of 40 players raids farming while only the raid tagging it got the rewards, with a 15 min timer for each boss, add to that the horde or ally pvp raids farming the heck out of each other... It's nowhere near as easy as it's portrayed. I don't even get where that primos farming story came from, I created myself a lot of the raids that farmed the aliens, and the huge majority of people farming them were ungeared, or geared but missing T10 pieces and got the heck out of the raid the second they were full T10 considering how much of a grind it was. Yet, it was extremely fun, having to travel all accross azeroth, doing something that actually rewarded you was really fun, did it stop the low icc 10 5 bosses from forming for two weeks? Probably, but that was only during the event, and after that, there were even more icc 10s forming thanks to the people that got past the hurdle of progressing from scratch to getting enough gear to get into pugs. I had such a great time farming them aliens, I still have screenshots from it, and can say, without a shred of a doubt, that the most fun I've ever had in wow was during those events, seeing hundreds of people all around azeroth is something I've never experienced. I might be mistaken, but these events were benefiting the server in the long term, getting people back from breaks to create new chars to donate for gear on, even if it was not the whole gear, it's still something. Some people talk about these events as if people playing in warmane join, then quit once they get bis, so you have to slow them in order for them to stay, most if not all warmane players create chars, get them bis, then create another one, rince and repeat, so far I'm into 21 chars, I was on a break and hoped the aliens were coming back so that I can come back as well.

I don't think that treating players as unthankful, spoiled and inconsiderate is a solution either. It is the first time that I write my opinion on this topic, but I've read the threads each year, and it's the same thing, the players show their anger, and the staff says in a nutshell "If you guys do this, then we won't do events anymore, since we don't have to in the first place". Well, you technically don't have to, but in order to keep this 13 years old game fresh and fun, you guys have to one way or another do something ,and I think that these events are the epitomy of that. You guys are a business, and we know that, nobody blames you for making money, you gotta live your life, and also pay for the servers, but why are we acting as if all of this is done only out of pure goodwill, love and nothing else? Events keep the players engaged and entertained, in return, they donate and pay the bills. Players and staff are indissociable from one another. Rewards create the drive within everyone, nobody does anything without getting something out of it, even by doing charity, people crave the happiness that they feel when they see a fellow human's smile, and there's nothing wrong about that. And I completely embrace that, did I do them events just for having fun? No, I did them because they were rewarding, but, on my journey to those rewards, I had a ton of fun, instead of giving up on them completely, maybe they could've been tweaked a bit more by making the respawn timer longer, or making the bosses a bit more involved, I'm not sure, but it's sad to know that they are completely gone.

I don't have the perspective of the staff, and don't have access to the data they have, maybe the events were really hurting the server, but all the scenarios I can come up with don't involve this event hurting it. I'm talking specifically about the last itteration of the alien invasion. The cow and snowmen events were definitely broken, and as far as I know, nobody argued with that.
    I'm not sure that anyone went through this whole message, but if you did, thank you for reading, and merry christmas/Happy new year.

8. Activision Blizzard is one of the biggest players in the industry, with 2020 net revenue of $8.1 billion and net income of $2.2 billion. 3 Its market capitalization was $71.6 billion as of July 9, 2021.

please don't compare it with warmane LOL
    Yes,you need billions of income to make a forum news post about the situation. Brilliant.

I'm sure Activision pays good money for whoever makes blue posts. OH WAIT,their ****ing employees can't even afford the cafeteria. Hell,most US citizens probably pay more taxes than Activision. And there's no "Activision-Blizzard",Blizzard died aeons ago.

The point was,while i found the removal petty(as i mentioned,the fact that you can skip most of Karazhan's bosses without any repercussions,and that's actual loot we're talking about you can grab from Prince without going through the whole instance,not a toy),at least there should've been a news post explaining what and why happened.

9. just popping in to say happy holidays to the warmane community and staff. it is a privilege and a pleasure to be here with population and the staff supporting it. may your 2022 be an excellent one

10. The jumping event is cringe worthy and offers about 3 minutes of fun value before becoming what appears to be some sort of attempt at torturing or punishing players within the community.

Someone, who was able to think outside the box and instead of spending 8 hours jumping around in the sky instead figured their own way out simply out-think the designers. Personally, I say kudos to that individual. Much respect and you should be given a reward for being more perceptive than most.

Which begs the question, why introduce events that are intentionally not fun? -- Why not bring back events that actually cemented people into regular players on these servers?

---Myself, I would have never made it into raiding if it weren't for frost farming Christmas boss runs a few years back. Which means I wouldn't have been here to play, organize raids, donate, and participate in events. I would have simply got bored of farming RHCs (which I was already bored of) and stopped playing altogether. Instead I was able to join a credible raiding guild, eventually entice my IRL and online friends to come and join and play, and continue to enjoy coming online and having fun.

I truly and sincerely hope people can take a step back and look at the bigger picture here.

11. Such an immature reaction by the staff. Players find a clever way to find an alternate unintended path and instead of owning up to their own design flaw they punish the players instead. Take away the rewards from those who took advantage of it, sure. 100% understandable. But to withhold new years eve gifts, something that's ultimately unrelated to the stairs event itself, is just an unnecessary twist of the knife and reeks of wanting to take revenge out on the players, not actual punishment meant to "rehabilitate" players.. Especially when the event had zero impact on players power and was ultimately done to get a cosmetic item.

Very immature and quite frankly; condescending move.

12. Also some very quick feedback towards whoever designed that stair event: it was not fun. At all. I love stair events myself but this one was flat out too punishing. Players wouldn't feel compelled to find the path of least resistance as they did if it felt slightly doable. But it didn't. So players did what players do when they feel cornered. If you're going to teach players a "lesson" then at least learn one yourselves and learn about player behavior in game design.

13. The items that have been removed from players have been removed due to a simple reason. Not all quests have been finished in the event. Anyone who completed the entirety of quests that is available within the event has kept their rewards. Those who skipped quests, had their item removed. Nonetheless, we have collected feedback for some hard parts in the event and we will be trying to make this event a little bit easier to participate so anyone who wishes to re-do the event properly and do all of the quests involved can do so again after New Years.

The event itself has been disabled so we can make modifications to it.

We have tested the events, however we did not test all of the ways that players broke the events. Several players had the ability to troll other players within events, such as in the Zombie event where players were more inclined to wipe others. The event had to be re-tuned and re-created in some parts to decrease the possibility of this happening and the event is now far easier and far harder to break.

Those complaining about rewards have not even reached higher reward tiers of the Zombie Event which includes mounts and other vanity items. Lordaeron players currently hold the record for this event and are more informed about this at the moment.

Those requesting old events such as Emblem of Frost farms to return, we are afraid that it is practically impossible for these events to return, as they broke the game in various ways and the feedback was largely negative for these events. (significantly more negative than the feedback within this thread)

As for complaints for hosted events, largely due to number of people that can participate. This is the same as has been for the past decade, the game limits us in terms of how many players can participate in these and there has always been a factor of luck. If you did not get in the event fast enough, it is not the fault of the event organizer for that specific event. We will increase the frequency of hosted events to at least 3 per hosted time to try to get as many people in, but there will always be a factor of luck.

Now the main topic of this post, how the hell is is possible that the disease of fake news has also reached Warmane? There are several posts in this thread, a ton of tickets within the game of people believing all sorts of things just based on screenshots that were faked. This can be easily checked by anyone, however we are overwhelmed with people complaining about things that we never said. If you are propagating random stuff that is not true such as "removing New Year gifts" or "banning players for complaining", at least invest the necessary 2 minutes to see what you are saying is true.

14. So any Lordaeron player mind to say what is the reward for Tier 1 , 2 and 3 ? :D

We in Icecrown are stuck at tier 4 awards LMAO !

First ... 152324252627 ... Last