1. I'm just curious in what reality would those items ever sell for 500g. Just checked AH and mats came to 8g. That's one hell of a profit margin.

I wonder if he ever sold a single unit at that price.

The funniest part about all this is, you could make an alt and power lvl tailoring to that level for the cost he was asking. You'd probably have enough mats left over to make multiples of said item.

Let him enjoy his fantasy I say.

2. Let him enjoy his fantasy I say.
    That's because per month 1 such item is sold to people who don't care if it's 40 or 500. It's a useless item in a useless niche, those who would want to buy it while leveling will not pay 40g, they will not pay 12.5 or 8g either, even if they check AH. They have their gear from quests and drops. Chest item - lmao, people with any potential to buy it have hierloom item in that slot. Get real

Ironically, that guy selling it for 500g is being real. You guys are enjoying some fantasy here, big thoughts and theories, but that's just from not understanding. OP even said he plays AH for two years - and doesn't understand such basic principle - mhm we believe very much.

3. Basic principles? You are such a joke. We're not talking about an item with exclusivity, unique branding or actual rarity. This is a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt, not a limited quantity Vera Wang. Any store can sell Fruit of the Loom and all the department stores do sell it, not because maybe someday some ***** might walk in the door and pay $500. They sell it at a profitable price and the volume of sales makes it worthwhile.

I don't think you have a basic grasp of economics.

4. There is no volume to make it worthwhile. If you can sell 20 items in a year for 500g each or 21 items a year for 40g each. Is that too complex for you, or you are simply in a defensive mode now, no matter the reality?

Why are you not rubbing it in about your "valume of sales"? Still sitting on 30 items you made?

5. I've sold 19 in the past 60 days. We'll see how many sell in a year.

Your model is to hope that some fool wanting it for xmog will not realize that it can be made any tailor with common materials. My model is to price it for the much broader market that can use that item while leveling and anyone that wants it for xmog. My method is easy and profitable.

It seems you have sour grapes because your fantasy is falling apart.

6. Not really, I just don't see it, but maybe poeple are so hungry for come cindercloth that they are buying your out before I can collect data. So I can only see how many 525, 515, 569, 499, 450, 399 gold ones are sold over time.

First 12