1. How to get into ICC ?

Hey guys,

been trying forever to get into ICC for the first time with no success, is there like a secret or magic trick? I'm 5.2K and I've been pushing FOS/POS/HOR HC but there's honestly only one weapon upgrade left for me [Engraved Gargoyle Femur]. I am fully equipped with EOT gear and am currently pushing for EOF gear with emblems and VOA.

Most PUGS want you to have Bane of the Lich King and at least 5.8K GS MIN - I get people don't want nubs but how am I supposed to progress? I've literally watched/read most guides for ICC bosses, I just want to try the gear now :(

I've tried joining guilds but they've been pretty casual about ICC, are there any others I could join that are more focused towards this?

Any advice or more active guilds I could join?

2. Hi!

A few suggestions:

0.: Have patience. You can't just "hit ICC" unless you are an already respected member of an established guild. No one starts like that. You may be looking at a few months of moderate dedication before your first run happens.

1. You are trying to skip an entire content which could give you the last bit of pve boost you need: ToC. 5.2 is enough for many toc 25 leaders, and the items will not only further boost your EOT-covered gear, but will nicely outfit you with "harder" slots that cannot be filled from EoT OR EoF alone, E.G.: boots. You should mainly focus on getting into ToC 25 for now.

2. Farm gold and buy your gear, if you haven't done so already. If by no other means, do the Icecrown Dailies (about 15 of them) for 1k gold/day if you have no other idea on how to make gold. If you haven't progressed in Icecrown that far, start questing in Northrend, anywhere, and you'll get gold by the tons. Use this to buy 264 Ilev items on the AH.

3. Don't fully neglect PvP's honor points. Join WG, or at least do the weekly WG quests. Do NOT gear deeply into PvP - you will be booted upon inspection. However, if you only allow yourself 2-3 exceptions in your PvE gear, especially off-parts such as a Neck, a Back and a Ring, all Wrathful, then some raid leaders will be forgiving. This is experience.

4. The ICC repu ring. If you do not have it at this point already, then join repu farms and get it. You can reach Revered status in less than 2 hours. Make that 3 with a subpar team. Exalted is even better, if you have the time.

5. You said you are fully EoT'd. Keep pushing those EoF's, especially the 4/5 T10 set bonus, and then some. Do the following each week: 1 rhc a day for 14 EoF's in total; 2 VoA's for 4 EoF's, and the weekly "must die!" quest for another 5 EoF's. That's 23 a week. Get helm/chest/shoulders first, these three being subject to any specific 264 ilev item you can buy on the AH, provided you want to include that in your build/have the money for it. Leave your T10 hands and/or pants for last: these may, with a slight chance, drop from VoA by the time you are ready to buy your 4th T10 item. Try to make sure you have a 100% chance to take your T10 drop from VoA with no competitors in the raid. You're already doing most of this, though - keep it up!

6. Try to use all above suggestions to actually achieve 5.6-5.8, and apply for 5.4k runs at first. That way the leaders won't be too strict on how your 5.8k gear actually looks (pvp gear and whatnot) - you have a far better chance of making it past the inspection. Do not expect much from pugs however, this server has hardly any raiding culture - and this is just an objective statement. You are likely in for a 6/12 or even less - but don't worry too much about that. You WILL eventually land some pieces to complement your gear - especially in ICC 10 runs. A SINGLE staff that you can take from even the first 6 bosses will skyrocket not only your GS, but your performance, too.

7. Once you have a truly decent 5.6-5.7k build - 4/5 T10, good trinkets, some decent weapon (not the GS-maxing, completely stat-irrelevant gear you might use for invites), numerous established, if-not-elite guilds will happily welcome you. By that time you can contribute with both good gear AND useful REAL, and not just literate experience in ICC.

8. Use the website, log in daily! You get login points. For which you can buy 239 Ilev gear. If you've posted on this forum, you are very likely already familiar with this. Engraved gargoyle femur still missing? Or you already have it? Doesn't matter - you can get a better one already. Or buy any critical-slot item, like a trinket.

9. As long as you can resist the urge...do NOT buy anything for IRL cash on the website! The sheer truth behind your post is to be respected - you actually seem to want to get this all done without "buying in" - but the original, true way. Don't ruin this experience for yourself! No matter how tempting 20 Euros or the equivalent of other currency for a top-notch weapon and insta-5.8k gs may be, save that for a future char, if at all.

10. Again, patience! These tips may actually have done more harm than help - but don't give up! If you keep scanning Global chat and Dalaran yells, you never know what you'll stumble upon. especially on tuesdays, close to weekly resets. Try to, for the love of anything you hold dear, avoid "ICC 25-man, 5k gs" runs - these will wipe on Marrowgar. But a 5.4k run may actually have some strong, last-minute chars showing up, and you're looking at a few nice boss-kills, potentially.

7.2.: Had to jump back to guilds: If ICC is your aim, don't waste your time with "newly formed, casual guilds looking for active raiders, we'll get into raiding next month, but nothing serious"-kind of guilds. Take a look at the Icecrown Recruitment section, and you may find a guild that's good for you. Otherwise, scan Global. I know it sounds dumb to first get into semi-complete icc-runs before you try to get carried by a perhaps non-existent guild, but with all the horrors this server has to offer either in pvp, either in pve, either in the community itself - you may wish to savor that moment of glory, your first REAL and FULL ICC-run with a sense of accomplishment behind you, and a great atmosphere surrounding you for those potentially stressful last few steps separating you from becoming a Kingslayer! ;)

7.3.: I'm sure guilds would happily welcome you already - but if you could identify yourself as horde or alliance on this current char, that might help alot! :)

Good luck!
    Edited: November 25, 2021

3. Considering you're building a caster, the fastest upgrades for you would come through affordable Epic 264 Boes. Off the top of my head, for Icecrown there's
    Stiffened Corpse Shoulderpads@600g
    Deathfrost Boots @4800g
    Leggings of Woven Death @7700g
    Lady's Brittle Bracers @5400g
    Nightmare Ender @4250g

and depending on your armor type you can cheat a bit through with cheap items like the mail spellpower legs that cost like 100g or something.

May be out of your budget to get all of them at once, but at the same time you should focus on waging what gives you the highest GS compared to its price, and your target should at first only be to reach the min. GS threshold to start building frost emblems as soon as possible.

4. Awesome thanks so much for the super detailed response!

Thanks for enlightening me about the ToC 25, I've heard there's a great caster trinket that drops from it so I'll try give it another go as well.

I've bought a lot of my gear from the auction house - I actually have Marrowgar's Frigid Eye and Nightmare Ender before I've even been past the first boss hahaha. I'm desperately trying for a new weapon, back and necklace items - I'll see if there is a better option in the points shop.

I definitely don't want to buy into the website - I feel guilty enough buying BoE's from the Auction House. I suppose patience is key so I'll keep at it. Currently sitting on 2 T10 items but I can't equip them yet without the set bonus.

I think I'm definitely going to try join a different guild, currently playing as an Alliance Mage.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

5. Awesome thanks so much for the super detailed response!

Thanks for enlightening me about the ToC 25, I've heard there's a great caster trinket that drops from it so I'll try give it another go as well.

I've bought a lot of my gear from the auction house - I actually have Marrowgar's Frigid Eye and Nightmare Ender before I've even been past the first boss hahaha. I'm desperately trying for a new weapon, back and necklace items - I'll see if there is a better option in the points shop.

I definitely don't want to buy into the website - I feel guilty enough buying BoE's from the Auction House. I suppose patience is key so I'll keep at it. Currently sitting on 2 T10 items but I can't equip them yet without the set bonus.

I think I'm definitely going to try join a different guild, currently playing as an Alliance Mage.

Thanks again for all the feedback!
    what do you mean you cant equip T10 without the set bonus? You can equip them. The set bonus has nothing to do with an item being equipable and the first part of set bonus only requires 2 items.

6. You seem to be accidently trying to join heroic icc if their leaders are asking bane achievement and 5.8k gs. Try to find those groups that are killing 6 bosses or less until you have more gear. Keep getting your daily / weekly frosts. Pugs are asking much higher gear than is needed. That is why you should find a guild. Almost any guild can kill 10 man normal bosses

7. Can you link your armory? I'm pretty sure at 5.2 there's plenty to upgrade before ICC.

8. 5,2k is more than enough to join icc raids. 2 main tips:

1) find guild. Some will easly do 2nd/3rd run of the week with people slightly above 5k, super easy to get +300 gs in one run.
    2) Join alt runs. When there is like 1-2 days to reset, people are making pug alt runs with much lower requirements.

9. This is my current armory: https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary

I do have 2 T10 items as well but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for the full set bonus. Currently trying to get Engraved Gargoyle Femur right now as well.

Thank you!

10. This is my current armory: https://armory.warmane.com/character...ecrown/summary

I do have 2 T10 items as well but I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for the full set bonus. Currently trying to get Engraved Gargoyle Femur right now as well.

Thank you!
    Which 2 pieces of T10 do you have?

I'm no mage expert, but I'd probably drop off FFB spec and go for FB+TTW. Engraved Gargoyle Femur would help with hit (assuming you don't have tier hands). So you could switch to SP+crit gems rather than SP+hit (and you get 63 sp from higer ilvl weapon [and GS!]). On the top of it, with TTW spec's Focus Magic, you don't miss out on 5% crit from T9 4p when you switch to T10 2p and gain the 6% crit from Focus Magic.

11. I have the Sanctified Bloodmage Leggings and the Bloodmage Hood. Okay awesome I was planning to switch over to TTW once I had the full set bonus but I'll start making the transition now then - thanks for the help!