1. Raid Browser Patch Fix Addon

Raid Browser Patch Fix Addon v1.2

This is a addon I scripted that will fix the default in game Raid Browser to work like normal again as it normally would.
    Because there is no backend server support for the Raid Browser this addon allows it to work again by using the addon message API,
    It will detect users of your same faction that are also using the Raid Browser Fix when they login/reload/changemap and are not currently in a raid party group. Then it knows who to send/recv message data from/to in order to properly display listings within the RaidBrowser.

There is another RaidBrowser addon that can be found to work here on warmane but it works by scanning the chat channels for raid listings and then adds them to browser list, This addon rather attempts to fix the default in game raid browser to work like normal again.

Download - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pkw...ew?usp=sharing

"This is still a alpha beta test release, Please report any issues, bugs or errors and I will do my best to update code"

ChangeLog -
    v1.1: Fixed the browse list loop list display error that would sometimes happen when displaying classic raids that contain a "'" character in its name.
    v1.2: Fixed error when updating listing in browser listing where "button" was "buttonn"
    Edited: January 1, 2022

2. With ElvUI installed when i press "O" and click on "Open Raid Browser" i hear the sound of a new panel being opened but nothing appears on the screen.
    When i logout and disable ElvUI and then login again - the raid browser opens.

In the "Browse" tab nothing appears - ok there may be no raids currently open?
    In the "Choose raid" tab - whatever raid i put a tick on and click 'List My Name" - in the chat appears "Internal LFG Error." and nothing happens.

There is a typo on line 58 - "buttonn" which was throwing LUA error when i press "List My Name" too but i edited it and it doesnt throw LUA error now but still "Internal LFG error" in the chat.

I'm very far from coding and addons, just know how to check some very basing things so pls dont take me to test deep.

I guess it needs a bit more polishing but if this addon starts to work correctly it would save loads of spam and ease up raid finding greatly.

3. The eternal LFG error is going to display in chat regardless after hitting the list my name button, Thats just part of the server having no backend support for RaidBrowser. It should display in chat just before that LFG message though that your listing is being shared to other users that have raidbrowser fix enabled online.

Thanks for sharing the error you posted I see has just a extra 'n' character on 'button' lol easy fix ill upload fix update now thanks.

So yes it does work you did get it loading and working fine, Wont see any raidlisting in the browser list unless someone post one after you login that is also using the addon fix.

Because this addon fix uses addon message API it is only able to share/list/view raidbrowser listings with other users that are using this addon patch fix and are online and of same horde/ally faction.

As of your moment of testing its very likely no listings were showing in raidbrowser as not many at the moment are using the addon fix. Also because of how it is coded to work with addon message API the longer you are online with the addon enabled the more chances you have of gathering people posting themselves to the raidlisting.

Yeah this wont work with most if not all custom UI as they probably dont have the RaidBrowser added to their UI to work as default as this addon depends on.

And thanks yeah the more that use the addon the better raidbrowser will work also yeah it will help clean and clear up that chat spams a bit too in the process, So thats the goal of this I guess :P

4. Yes as I previously stated in the main post of the thread there are other RaidBrowser fix addon's that have been made but those do not work the same as the one created here.

This addon fixes the default in game raid browser to work like normal again.
    Those other RaidBrowser addon's work by adding users and raids to browse list by scanning and finding spams made in chat channels.

This works by finding and listing users who use the raidbrowser built in tool to list themselves to the raidbrowser list.

The addon you share in that link completely modifies the default raidbrowser and then adds users to the raidbrowser list by scanning spams made in chat.

Where as this addon rather attempts to make the default raidbrowser work as it was intended to work in the first place " well as good as possible without backend server support".