1. gold squish?

I heard people say its coming very soon.. anyone know date?

If this is even true..

2. Hide your women and your primordial saronites!!!!

3. The squish became too mainstream so we'll be inflating the economy instead.

Actually I don't know anything about it for sure but there will be a thread announcing it like in previous years.

4. You're absolutely right. The prices are insane on the server, if they want to promote a healthy economy like they say, they shouldn't announce it at all, and just do it randomly. Prices are double or sometimes even triple normal rates right now.

5. we really should find another aproach to the prices. Maybe just make a shop on the website with some really hard to get stuff for big gold prices. Or better inside the game. I know this thread is not the place to talk about it, but just mentioning it.

I am a new player. Or old coming back after an eternity. Just got close 5000 gold and if this gold squish is happening soon, i am gonna be sad cause of me trying to deal with something like flying in Northrend.

Got two question and i'll ask them here.
    1. Did gold squish helped in the past ? Im not sure how much it helps, or for how long.
    2. Anyone is affected by it ? or maybe only those who own over a certain amount ?

6. Now is the best time to make gold and get all that stuff, flying, talents, mammoth and any stuff from vendors. People are just slurping up everything you dump in the AH. In this last month more items change hands than whole previous part of the year.

1. It helps, if you believe it helps.
    2. There is nowhere to hide. You have 2 Copper? You will have only 1 left after squish.

7. I don't know to be honest, because of gold squish people pump up the prices so high so they get more in return. Really sucks. Every new is the same story. When they feel that ''scary'' moment, they mindlessly come and pump it up.

8. They need to stop announcing it, is the thing. When you give warning that it's about to happen, all it does is have people in a better financial situation start liquidating their assets into material things that aren't going to be affected by the squish. Gems, primos, epic boe armors. All they're doing is inflating the economy right now with their panic selling/buying and it only gets worse as the time goes by and we get closer to the announced date. Then once the squish happens the prices stay the same, and all it causes is confusion and hardship to newer players with low characters, or heaven forbid you ding 80 from now till May and need to buy some things from the AH.

I understand what they're trying to accomplish with the squish, I really do. Announcing the date just completely takes away any beneficial effect it could have. If they squished the economy without warning, they'd maybe make a few people mad, inconvenience a maxed lvl 80 that's been playing for years for a few days at most-- and it would actually help in the way they intend. As it is now, it's only causing more trouble.

9. They need to stop announcing it, is the thing. When you give warning that it's about to happen, all it does is have people in a better financial situation start liquidating their assets into material things that aren't going to be affected by the squish. Gems, primos, epic boe armors..
    Now when we know when it's going to happen people are still using gold as asset some half of the year. If any one morning you can wake up and have half gone, people would not keep any amounts of gold. They would keep gems, primos, etc whole year around, there would not be any reason to sell them, unless you need gold for something specific. And guess what, they would not sell it for 500, 600 or even 700, why would I sell it if tomorrow I could have only 350g, for this same reason people would be willing to get rid of any excess amount of gold ASAP! Instead of crippling Gold as a form of wealth deposit as it is now, it would absolutely destroy it.