1. Faction Specific Transmogrification?

I saw a Blood Elf paladin with [Grand Marshal's Claymore], the alliance 2h pvp sword from level 60/70, and thought it looked amazing. I want to use a Scroll of Transmog that I had laying around to replicate the look myself.

Now I was thinking, if I buy a [Grand Marshal's Claymore] from the Warmane store... and turn it into an essence, can I use it on my weapon even though I'm horde? Did he faction change with the skin already attached or some other method?

2. I don't know answer to first question, but if you transmog the weapon then faction swap it does keep the model.

3. I don't know answer to first question, but if you transmog the weapon then faction swap it does keep the model.
    AFAIK it keeps the model. Applying it again becomes problematic (impossible), if the weapon has faction limitation.

4. I tried this with both ToC weps, ToC reputation npc items and Alliance/ Horde pvp weps.
    The ToC 10/25 weponds swaps appearence once you're the other faction so I had to be Horde to transmog it but once I was Alliance it kept it's transmog appearence just fine even when swapping the wep.

I spent some vote points on buying the gun with the Ironforge look at the ToC reputation vendor (from doing toc dailies) for my Horde hunter, this item is not Alliance only allthough only Alliance can initially buy it.

I Faction changed to Alliance on my DK, bought a 2 handed pvp mace from lvl 60, instead of claymore, and used it as transmog, I swapped faction back again to Horde after and the wep still had the same appearence and I could even wear it normally.

So in total only weps from toc 10/25 will change appearence (the whole item actually change) once you faction change. T9 also changes. So if you want the looks on those items use transmog on it before you faction change back again.