1. SFS Master Looter Myth

I know SFS drop rates are incredibly low on Warmane, I've only looted 1-2 per raid, with some 0 drops for several weeks in between them but there's something I recently noticed:

I was raiding on a pug where the RL kept saying that no one was to loot bosses except him. Then on DBS someone else looted the chest; he was furious and started explaining how if anyone other than him loots the boss he loses his shards. This caught my attention so I asked some friends about it, one said it was just a rumor and not to worry about it, but other told me in his raid they ban loot people that loot bosses or even kick them from raid if they do it. According to him they always get 6-8 shards per raid, and since almost everybody in his guild has SM I'm inclined to believe they do have better "luck" with the shards. Other friends confirmed they have similar rules on their guilds.

Some were even surprised that I wasn't telling people not to loot the bosses, as if it was common knowledge that shards disappear if someone else loots the boss first. In one hand I think it shouldn't be possible, but on other hand this is Warmane and quest items sometimes duplicate or bug and become unlootable so it got me thinking they might be right, since most people "know" it works like that, and drop rates apparently corroborate this theory.

So can anyone confirm or comment on this? Is it just a superstition or do I just have bad luck? Have I been losing dozens of shards for almost a year just because I never loot first? XD

2. This RL was some kind of cargo cultist with magic mindset, no doubt.
    I know SFS drop rates are incredibly low on Warmane
    But you are 100% right about this. If SFS drop chance was like on the retail (20% in normal mode and up to 50% in hc), then practically no one would buy lolmourne. It's a shame they use the same loot tables on the Lordaeron where there's no cash shop.
    Edited: January 24, 2022

3. There used to be a rumor that if you stunned the trash it wouldn't drop BOEs. That lasted for years and no it didn't actually prevent or even reduce the drops. There was a point where I glyphed holy wrath on my Paladin just for stunning trash and when a BOE dropped there were people who would rather say it's a bug that the bug didn't happen rather than reevaluate their beliefs.

I haven't seen anything so far fetched in a long time but there's always some kind of rumor going around.

4. If SFS drop chance was like on the retail (20% in normal mode and up to 50% in hc), then practically no one would buy lolmourne. It's a shame they use the same loot tables on the Lordaeron where there's no cash shop.
    I find it amazing that when faced with a case that blatantly contradicts the """""" sound theory"""""", instead of critical thinking that maybe it has nothing to do with coin shops or donations, but the fact our servers are static in their expansion and patch, and having the same drop rates wouldn't remotely mimic the small time frame that weapon was available and its usefulness leading to a massive influx of it, the go-to is "it's a shame."