1. Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
    Doesnt seem to be the case i have lost charnames

2. Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
    Doesnt seem to be the case i have lost charnames
    Nothing is said about character names on Premium accounts.

3. Yeah, u're right.

It was announced in January, in this thread stating the exact date it would happen.
    Yes, i saw, the thing is on me, totally forgot it :( , as i said before. And the thing is, when the halving comes to have most of the gold wealth in the form if items, gear, consumables, parts, whatever u want ;) This time i was stupid :D Just happened, can't be helped :|

4. BTW, does anyone know for sure that premium accounts are are exempt from any kind of removals. And which one, characters unplayed or gold, or all kind of removals ??? I just want to be sure, to make some personal plans :)
    I'm planning to stay on Lordaeron a while, and is fair to know what u can do and what u cant do ;)

5. BTW, does anyone know for sure that premium accounts are are exempt from any kind of removals. And which one, characters unplayed or gold, or all kind of removals ??? I just want to be sure, to make some personal plans :)
    I'm planning to stay on Lordaeron a while, and is fair to know what u can do and what u cant do ;)
    Premium accounts are only exempt from the removal of inactive characters, nothing else.
    Their gold is halved the same, and they still have inactive names removed.

6. The gold squish seemed like a fine idea. Whatever, we all have to get over it. But please fix the AH, it is in complete imbalance! The prices do not correlate to the amount of gold that has been removed to the game. #AHisbroken

7. The gold squish seemed like a fine idea. Whatever, we all have to get over it. But please fix the AH, it is in complete imbalance! The prices do not correlate to the amount of gold that has been removed to the game. #AHisbroken
    The AH doesn't follow the halving, or any rules. Supply and demand will bring the prices down over the next few days most likely. Already seeing *some* commodities reducing in price. Not by half, but down a bit.

8. Same names are still safely reserved by 1 lvls that havent played for like 5 years with no option to even pay to get the name, this has been nothing more than a pointless money squish from ppl that worked hard to get their gold, bravo.

9. The AH doesn't follow the halving, or any rules. Supply and demand will bring the prices down over the next few days most likely. Already seeing *some* commodities reducing in price. Not by half, but down a bit.
    Ye but supply is unlimited.... So its nothing to do with "supply" & demand. All items in AH should have been squished together with everyone gold. Profiting off of skills and professions is broken atm.

10. Ye but supply is unlimited.... So its nothing to do with "supply" & demand. All items in AH should have been squished together with everyone gold. Profiting off of skills and professions is broken atm.
    That doesn't make sense to me. In any market when supply is more limited than demand, prices go up. In what way is supply unlimited?

If supply were truly unlimited prices would be close to vendor, because no matter how much people buy there would be more coming onto the market and it would push the prices down. But you seem to be complaining prices are high. That would suggest supply IS limited and demand pushes the price up.. Or there's a cartel.

I'm a scribe, and we're definitely not running a cartel.. Or, if the others are they didn't invite me!

I'm buying up herbs now and I see the price has come down already. This means then in the next days glyph prices will also fall. This is how it works.

11. Ye but supply is unlimited.... So its nothing to do with "supply" & demand. All items in AH should have been squished together with everyone gold. Profiting off of skills and professions is broken atm.
    That was a funny one ^^ WH works just fine. Ans is perfect as it is: True Free Market, not the democratic bull**** from RL ;)

P.S. Thx Obnoxious for the info ^^

12. That doesn't make sense to me. In any market when supply is more limited than demand, prices go up. In what way is supply unlimited?

If supply were truly unlimited prices would be close to vendor, because no matter how much people buy there would be more coming onto the market and it would push the prices down. But you seem to be complaining prices are high. That would suggest supply IS limited and demand pushes the price up.. Or there's a cartel.

I'm a scribe, and we're definitely not running a cartel.. Or, if the others are they didn't invite me!

I'm buying up herbs now and I see the price has come down already. This means then in the next days glyph prices will also fall. This is how it works.
    Hey r00tk1t, your explanation works perfectly and is true in real life. In real life, there are a lot of macro factors that play into affect that push prices down and up. Specifically related to the amount of supply. For example, extreme weather conditions, pandemics, wars and politics. However, in WoW (as its a game) non of these factors are taken into account or affect the game in any sort of way. It is for this reason I say that supply is unlimited. The supply in this game is purely dependent on the amount of grinders there are. And since this city never sleeps. It is a constant and continuous flow of supply into the AH.

I complaining that the prices are in "imbalance" because for example: Disenchanting lvl 75-80 items is a loss, where are disenchanting lvl 24-50 items is profitable. Where as before the squish it was the opposite. Also tailoring, crafting the low-tier items is more profitable than crafting the high-tier items. When the whole worlds (in this case all the players) money gets split in half, logically the prices of the items that you purchase have to go down along with it. Otherwise what I could afford yesterday, I cant afford today.

I believe that prices become stable in this game very naturally. However one of the primary reason for the stability are the AH flipper (idk if there is a real term for this). The people who play the game and sit at the AH all day and just buy the undercuts, or mispriced items and sell them at a profit. Additionally another factor that stabilises the price is the general consensus of profitability. For this reason however, I think that prices will NOT go back to how they were before, but rather they will be re-priced at new prices, whilst remaining profitable.

13. If there was no squish ever, prices for everything would continue to rise year on year as more gold enters the system and much less is leaving.
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. Accumulation of excess gold and no way to spend it. And cutting gold does not solve this problem. Before the cut, there is hyperinflation, which is BAD, after the cut, there is a fall in prices, which is EVEN WORSE.

Such strong fluctuations in the market are extremely harmful to the economy of the server. As a result, ordinary players suffer, and those who farm gold to sell on third-party sites become even richer. Offended players leave, the server loses online. And inflation is picking up again.

Heed my words. A normal withdrawal of gold is required, by selling goods and services that do not affect the gameplay. This is the only way to fight inflation normally. As I already suggested:

1. Put up for sale Crates of Foror - 10k gold each. This is minus 110k gold for each character.

2. Put up for sale scrolls for transmogrification - 200 gold each. It should not be a luxury, but a means of withdrawing large amounts of gold, and the price should not be exorbitant, otherwise there will be no mass withdrawal.

3. Allow players to buy additional professions with gold. Perhaps with the disabling of bonuses from them. 50k gold for the third, 100k for the fourth. You just get a profession, and level it further as usual. This will increase competition, which means lower prices at the auction.

4. For God's sake, start banning auction bots and resellers already. It hurts to see greens at a price of 2-3k gold. I would understand if they were selling things for transmogrification, but these are ordinary green items, and they accumulate gold only to sell it later. It's bad for the server when you can't buy normal equipment because some huckster bought it and put it up 10-100 times more expensive.

14. 1. Put up for sale Crates of Foror - 10k gold each. This is minus 110k gold for each character.

2. Put up for sale scrolls for transmogrification - 200 gold each. It should not be a luxury, but a means of withdrawing large amounts of gold, and the price should not be exorbitant, otherwise there will be no mass withdrawal.
    I actually think some gold sinks that aren't gear is perhaps another good solution to the hyper inflation problem. Something that takes the gold out of the game. I mean currently you CAN buy crates of foror for gold. But, you need to convert gold to coins, and buy with coins. Of course that just shifts the gold to another player who effectively bought it with real money.. Actually removing it would help.

But how many things like this would you need to cover the amount coming into the system?

4. For God's sake, start banning auction bots and resellers already. It hurts to see greens at a price of 2-3k gold. I would understand if they were selling things for transmogrification, but these are ordinary green items, and they accumulate gold only to sell it later. It's bad for the server when you can't buy normal equipment because some huckster bought it and put it up 10-100 times more expensive.
    Are there actual AH bots? Sometimes I've thought I'm going up against bots. But, in all the cases I've seen they're real players after all.

15. I am just recently joined Warmane, and i found news about gold reduction quite disturbing.

Imagine a player, who hoard 1k gold for a dual spec, or 5k gold on a 280% riding skill, or 20k gold for a Traveler's Mammoth? He is not a goldseller, nor a bot, and earned this gold by hard work. And you halves it...

This is not good. And not just for him, but for the server. The prices to the goods in Auction House will begin to fluctuate, and a lot. Such economical "measures", always have a very bad consequences, which can lead to an even bigger inflation, and in a short time. And ofc, offended player(s) can leave - and the server will lose online.

Why don't you use other methods to withdraw gold? For example - Transmogrification. You can sell this option for gold, at a price equal to the itemlevel of the transmogrified item, or just by a fixed prise. This is a good and stable way to remove excess gold.

Another thing is a bags. Everyone wants big bags, right? So, you can put on sale Foror's Crates, to Haris Pilton, for gold. For how much? Let's say: 10k gold. Is it too low price? No. Remember, a single character can wear a four bags on him, and another seven in a bank, for a total of eleven, or 110k gold.

Of course, you prefer to sell bags and transmog scrolls for coins, but i doubt what people buys this really much. More likely they spend on a weapon or armor, especially trinkets.
    I hadn't played in 2 years.
    This squish I just logged in and used AH to buy cheap, sell twice the price on gems, Herbs, Flasks, Primos

Made 88k with 0 effort.

The squish is the best time of the year for new players to make tons of gold and build their chars.
    You just have to see the bigger picture, squish = inflation. Inflation = you can easily sell gathered herbs and ore for example for tons of quick bucks.

First ... 7891011 ... Last