1. Inactivity Cleanup and Gold Squish for a healthier economy

Greetings Warmane community,

With a new year now upon us, we're taking the opportunity to do an inactivity cleanup that will refresh our realms and free up forgotten names, the cleanup will target a wider range of character levels this year, we will also conclude a 50% gold squish at the same time to promote a healthier economy.

The inactivity cleanup and gold squish will be conducted and completed on March 07, 2022. Downtime is expected to be multiple hours.

• Level 1 and above characters that have not been played since January 2021 will have their names removed.
      • Characters will have the opportunity to choose a new name upon the next login.

• Level 1 - 30 characters that have not been played since July 2021 will be removed.
      • Premium accounts are exempt from removals.
      • Characters that are guild masters will result in the guild being removed.

• Blackrock characters that have been deleted pending restore for over 3 months will be removed.

Characters that have their name removed will have the opportunity to select a new name upon the next login.

The gold squish means that every piece of gold that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved. Exactly as it was done last year too.

Whether Frostmourne will be included in the squish will depend on reviewing the realms' economy. If it is needed, a separate announcement will be posted in the Frostmourne community sub-forum.

Update - 07.03.2022 - Frostmourne was excluded from this year's squish and cleanup.

Kind regards
    Warmane

2. Stop living in the past, 2022 of course sir.

3. 50%? Still better than my taxes.

4. If there is no squish on Frostmourne , after the characters get transfered to Icecrown realm in April with hundreds and hundreds of gold , doesn't that affect the Icecrown economy ?

5. If there is no squish on Frostmourne , after the characters get transfered to Icecrown realm in April with hundreds and hundreds of gold , doesn't that affect the Icecrown economy ?
    in that case the "squish" will occurs during transfer process for Icecrown realm (this is what happened last year)

6. Time to stock up on them primos again.

7. This message from Warmane stuff reminds me on hurricanes.
    They start warm and welcoming, but end up taking your money, name, houses.. :P

8. in that case the "squish" will occurs during transfer process for Icecrown realm (this is what happened last year)
    I think the gold squish/inactivity cleanup/and merger should coincide, which makes alot more sense IMO. It levels out all players at the same time, as well as frees up names for people coming from Frostmourne to access. This is pretty sloppy and unthought out if you ask me. So instead of doing inactivity clean-up, then merging characters, then doing the gold squish, they are going to do the gold-squish, then the clean-up, then the transfer which is completely backwards.

So, cut everyone on Icecrowns gold in half, then not even a month later, transfer an entire server into the population whose gold wasn't drained, then on top of that, instead of freeing up names for those people to access at the time of the merger they are opting to rather just flag half the transferees for a name-change instead of giving them the opportunity to retain their characters names. This isn't going to fix the economy. It never does and never has but if they are going to continue to do it they could atleast put a little more thought into it.

9. So, cut everyone on Icecrowns gold in half, then not even a month later, transfer an entire server into the population whose gold wasn't drained
    If the amount of gold that will get transferred is deemed too large, it gets halved before the transfers happened - like happened last year, as skull said, and as the first post points at.

instead of freeing up names for those people to access at the time of the merger they are opting to rather just flag half the transferees for a name-change instead of giving them the opportunity to retain their characters names.
    Icecrown characters and players were always meant to have priority on names over Frosmourne, and that's openly known information, so your critic has no ground to stand on. They weren't meant to have the opportunity to retain their names over Icecrown players, only to take it if the name wasn't already in use by someone in that server.

10. I'm curious,what will happen to character names on trade? Do they count as active even if the owner hasn't logged in on them for over a year?

11. I'm curious,what will happen to character names on trade? Do they count as active even if the owner hasn't logged in on them for over a year?
    Barracks too?

12. this needs to be posted in the front page news ASAP. only a handfull of players are reading this post, and i believe warmane staff wants the community well informed about this matter.

also, posting global messages of this would be a good idea too.

12311 ... Last