1. Yesss, Let's go Warmane!
    & FOR THE ALLIANCE!!

2. I predicted this would happen again since it usually happen this time of the year. I'm glad I sold my 300k gold for coins last, last month.

3. What healtier economy, prices are going up because people know the squish is coming anyway and that is the only reason for prices going up. Why are prices normal in July/August but they start to rise around New Year? Because people know the squish is in 2 months.. Only warmane has benefit from this **** cuz people will donate more to buy gold.

4. Yes I agree, prices go up merely because people know gold squish is coming. If you wonder how prices actually go up, that is because one person buys every primordial saronite on the market and then advertise them again for 1300. Then other persons won't lower to 400-500 of the original price, but will put 1299 and that is how you create this thing.

And saying that gold becomes useless is only meaningful to the very rich people. The poor ones can just dream of it and it's always needed for something.

5. Yes, it should be random. The prices were nice before this announcement.

6. What if they squished the number of trade goods too that people are stockpiling? Primordial saronite, gems, choppers etc...reduce all of that by half too! Of course I don't know how hard that would be to do...

7. Let's go a step further, let's reduce ppl chars too! You have 6 80lvl chars? Well don't you worry a bit, from know on, 50% of that amount is enough for you!

8. this is on frostmourne too? or just icecrown

9. Gold squish is just a pain in the ***......

10. good thing about gold squish is you can double your money
    bad thing about gold squish is it becomes like a chore you have to do every year and spend idk how long buying / selling things just to get your own gold back
    i'dd play wow from time to time just to farm gold and play the economy cuz its fun but knowing there is a gold squish every year made me give up on that idea
    i hate gold squish and what i hate more than gold squish is people who actually defend the gold squish just because it doesnt affect you / it suits you doesnt mean it's a good thing , i hate selfish people

11. some toons have low levels and they are offline for many yrs and still kept their nicknames...

12. some toons have low levels and they are offline for many yrs and still kept their nicknames...
    this is because they are either premium accounts which don't get affected by the inactivity cleanup or they literally just have to log on and then log off before the cleanup and their character won't be deleted.

13. Hi, I would like to ask what will happen to my lvl 19 twinks that are stored in barracks (or other characters that are in storage for that matter).

14. good thing about gold squish is you can double your money
    bad thing about gold squish is it becomes like a chore you have to do every year and spend idk how long buying / selling things just to get your own gold back
    i'dd play wow from time to time just to farm gold and play the economy cuz its fun but knowing there is a gold squish every year made me give up on that idea
    i hate gold squish and what i hate more than gold squish is people who actually defend the gold squish just because it doesnt affect you / it suits you doesnt mean it's a good thing , i hate selfish people
    I fully support the squish and I have used the gold squish to make a lot of gold and have given away tens of thousands of gold and items on icecrown, mostly to complete strangers. I've given away bags and gold to countless low levels while sitting in town on my bank alt, even given them rides to the boat, mount trainer etc. on my 3 person mount when they've asked for directions, given thousands of gold to strangers who I've struck up conversations with so they could get fast flying mount training. Given tens of thousands of gold, gear, gems and enchants to guildies and carried many people (strangers and guildies) through dungeons and raids of all levels on my highly geared characters. Sometimes I'll see someone sitting AFK in town with crappy gear and I'll send them new gear in the mail or gold to get new gear because I can't trade with them. When I make an alt I will always have netherweave or runecloth bags in my inventory to hand out to people I see while i'm questing/doing RDF.

A lot of the time I'll also end up striking up a conversation with people I help and give them advice on getting gear or making gold. If you have ever met a nice Canadian on the Alliance who helped you out and asked you where you are from and then when you parted ways after your first encounter and they told you "if you ever need help, let me know, just make sure you tell me you're my friend from _____ (insert place you said you were from here) because I probably won't remember you and I don't do favors to beggars who randomly message me" that's me.

I even saw a someone on Lordaeron a few years ago complaining about the gold squish on a thread just like this one because he was only half way to getting his epic flying mount training and didn't think he'd be able to make enough gold before the squish, I DMed him and got his name and since he was on the same faction as my old characters on lordaeron I gave him the ~2200 gold he needed. I also went on Lordaeron the day before the squish, found an old guildy sitting in town and gave them all of my primordial saranite (around 14 of them) and 4500k gold for epic flying for their alt. Then worked my gold squish magic and made a tons of gold. The next day after the squish when most people didn't have much gold left I went around handing out 1000g at a time to random people - which is worth quite a bit more on Lordaeron than Icecrown - but I had to log off because they were telling everyone about it and suddenly I was getting spammed with DMs from beggars. I even had some guy in a motorbike trying to beg from me like a greedy jerk.

So not all of us who take advantage of the squish/support are selfish and greedy. I think the squish is a necessary evil and I do what I do to make the most of it.

I am also not someone who buys out an entire market and jacks up the price by 20x I think those people are jerks and I find it hilarious when someone does that in a market I have significant overstock in because I'll flood the market with my own stuff at a price point that is inflated but a huge enough discount from what they are charging that they cannot undercut me without losing money they need to buy out my stock too if they want their little scam to work. A few months ago I had a guy over a barrel when he bought out a certain market for 100-200g each and relisted everything for 250g. I put up a few at 200g and he bought those so then i put a lot more up for 200g, more than doubling the gold I paid for the item. He DMed me to complain about it and called me "inept" for undercutting by so much, which prompted me to list ALL of my stock and I told him "you can either buy me out to keep control of the market, or lose your initial investment" he bit the bullet and bought out everything and I fleeced him for over 60k. The next day the market had already dropped to 180 and now it's back to 100-120g and months later he was still trying to sell what he bought for 250g. I will not say what the item was publicly as I don't want to stimulate speculation on that item and screw over the people who actually need it for leveling their trade skills.

I buy items in volatile markets, buying when things are cheap and selling when they go higher. I have a set limit that I will spend on any type of good and if I notice the market has swung upward to where I can make a decent return I will sell by bulk undercutting the inflated prices. This actually helps stabilize the market so that prices for certain trade goods don't crash when too many people are leveling at once and help bring prices down when someone buys out an entire market. It might sound like I'm trying to make this strategy out to be a selfless act of service, it is not, I am not doing this so much as a service to the market, I am doing this to make money because I enjoy seeing how much I can make (often more than I enjoy playing the actual game) and I use it to fund the good deeds I mentioned at the start of this long winded post, but I feel it is a more ethical way of playing the market. With that being said, I'm sure my bank alt is equally hated by AH speculators so feel my prices are too low and by people who are trying to buy goods and feel my prices are too high.

Sometimes when I'm buying trade goods and I see someone selling something for 20s when the normal price is 10g, I'll buy their stuff and then send them some extra gold (so that I'm actually paying them a somewhat fair price) in the mail with a note with some advice letting them know they are selling things too cheaply and should charge more and suggest looking up the price before they list. I love a good deal as much as anyone but I do this out of concern for people because if they don't sell things at competitive prices they won't be able to afford to buy things at market rate. Again, not all of us who play the AH game are selfish or greedy.

A lot of people say the squish should be randomized but that would actually screw poor people over more than the rich who take advantage of the announced squish. Imagine being on Lordaeron and saving for months for epic flying or traveller's tundra mount only to have a random squish happen, where if you'd have known the squish was coming maybe you'd have prioritized farming more before hand so you could buy before the squish. That would be super harsh.

Other people say there should be in game gold sinks too in lieu of the squish, I would support that as well but the issue with that is you can't force people to use gold sinks so if inflation still got out of hand because people weren't using them then a squish might still be necessary so that the methods of earning gold organically while playing them actual game (quest rewards, vendor trash) didn't become futile.

Also, I say all of this mostly with icecrown in mind and not lordaeron and other servers, since icecrown is where I do most of my goldmaking and the inflation is a lot worse there. Servers with less inflated economies probably shouldn't be squished as often as icecrown, maybe once every 2 years or something.

First ... 23456 ... Last