1. we see trough your plan, give out stuff to shoot people in the foot, so they never learn to make gold. Then you come in and vacuum all the gold back from them. What a mastermind, I got shivers

2. will it happen to all realms? (talking about woltk)

3. What is the minimum necessary to avoid having our characters removed? I am new to the server (just joined here in Jan 2022) and I have some level 1 characters I want to keep the names to level some day but I don't know if I have the time yet (I only get 5-6 hours per day to play). Do I need to level then up to at least level 31 before March 07, 2022 to avoid their names being removed?

4. What is the minimum necessary to avoid having our characters removed? I am new to the server (just joined here in Jan 2022) and I have some level 1 characters I want to keep the names to level some day but I don't know if I have the time yet (I only get 5-6 hours per day to play). Do I need to level then up to at least level 31 before March 07, 2022 to avoid their names being removed?
    Level 1 - 30 characters that have not been played since July 2021 will be removed.

So you just need to have played since July 2021, just log onto each character and log out. If by next year you haven't leveled them past 30 then you'll have to log in and out before the squish again.

5. Level 1 - 30 characters that have not been played since July 2021 will be removed.

So you just need to have played since July 2021, just log onto each character and log out. If by next year you haven't leveled them past 30 then you'll have to log in and out before the squish again.
    Cool. Thanks for that explanation.

6. I am just recently joined Warmane, and i found news about gold reduction quite disturbing.

Imagine a player, who hoard 1k gold for a dual spec, or 5k gold on a 280% riding skill, or 20k gold for a Traveler's Mammoth? He is not a goldseller, nor a bot, and earned this gold by hard work. And you halves it...

This is not good. And not just for him, but for the server. The prices to the goods in Auction House will begin to fluctuate, and a lot. Such economical "measures", always have a very bad consequences, which can lead to an even bigger inflation, and in a short time. And ofc, offended player(s) can leave - and the server will lose online.

Why don't you use other methods to withdraw gold? For example - Transmogrification. You can sell this option for gold, at a price equal to the itemlevel of the transmogrified item, or just by a fixed prise. This is a good and stable way to remove excess gold.

Another thing is a bags. Everyone wants big bags, right? So, you can put on sale Foror's Crates, to Haris Pilton, for gold. For how much? Let's say: 10k gold. Is it too low price? No. Remember, a single character can wear a four bags on him, and another seven in a bank, for a total of eleven, or 110k gold.

Of course, you prefer to sell bags and transmog scrolls for coins, but i doubt what people buys this really much. More likely they spend on a weapon or armor, especially trinkets.

7. This is not good. And not just for him, but for the server. The prices to the goods in Auction House will begin to fluctuate, and a lot. Such economical "measures", always have a very bad consequences, which can lead to an even bigger inflation, and in a short time. And ofc, offended player(s) can leave - and the server will lose online.
    I too am new to the game as of a few weeks ago and I didn't like this when I heard it. The GM's / Moderators apparently did this last year and the game and economy survived just fine. So I'm sure they'll survive again. It's going to suck bad for us new players initially but we'll get over it. Apparently this is an annual thing.

8. I too am new to the game as of a few weeks ago and I didn't like this when I heard it. The GM's / Moderators apparently did this last year and the game and economy survived just fine. So I'm sure they'll survive again. It's going to suck bad for us new players initially but we'll get over it. Apparently this is an annual thing.
    this will be the 3rd or 4th time its happened. It survives but it doesn't actually do any good. Before the drain, spend all your gold on materials like Gem/Primos and then resell them. Your goal right now should be spend what gold you have on necessary things like Riding Training, duel spec, and materials. It really is pointless though because people just hoard materials. Gold is eventually just going to become pointless aswell. Like currently, I have no gold and just materials, and I don't think ill even try and make any gold after the drain, just keep my materials and any future gold I make just keep buying more materials. Why would i need gold if I have all the materials I need and can craft anything I might need with those materials? I'll just be self-sufficient and then not worry about the gold drain and in reality I think more players are becoming self-sufficient like this, not only because of the gold drain, but because of scammers aswell. I don't trust giving my mats to someone else to make me an item, it's faster and more secure to just level up the profession yourself and make the item yourself. No risk, no gold spent. Just farming materials and self-reliance.

9. I am just recently joined Warmane, and i found news about gold reduction quite disturbing.

Imagine a player, who hoard 1k gold for a dual spec, or 5k gold on a 280% riding skill, or 20k gold for a Traveler's Mammoth? He is not a goldseller, nor a bot, and earned this gold by hard work. And you halves it...

This is not good.
    Actually if you are on icecrown this is good because prices are so much higher now than they will be after the squish, you can farm and sell mats and easily make enough gold to buy whatever fixed price things you want (3 person mount, training, dual spec are all fixed prices that will be the same before or after the squish) you want before the squish. If you are level 80 you can easily farm high end trade mats to sell. I've made over 800g in an hour on icecrown just from quest rewards and vendor trash alone at level 80, that's not including the cloth, green items and other trade goods I was able to collect (this was a character that doesn't have herb/skinning/mining otherwise the profits would have been even higher) and sell on the AH during that time which would have been well over 200g, so basically if you are good at questing and have decent gear and a fast mount you can farm 1000g for dual spec in 1 hour. I've made 400g on a fresh 80 with slow flying before just on quest rewards and vendor trash so again, factor in anything that can be sold on the AH and it's over 1000g in 2 hours. Through other farming techniques I have made about 800g in 30 minutes. There are lots of farming spots or daily quest areas where you can easily make over 100g in 10 minutes.

Lorderon is another story because the gold you get from questing at 80 isn't as high as icecrown and if you just started you probably aren't very close to 80 and it's harder to make gold over there especially at lower levels. With that being said, if you aren't close to 80 then don't worry about farming gold for epic flying or any of that at this time just focus on leveling and when you hit 80 start farming gold for what you need after the squish.

If you are 80 on Lordaeron (or icecrown) then prices have already inflated a lot so the squish is already priced in. If you sell whatever high end trade goods you have now at the market rate, it's probably going to be about 2x the price you're going to be getting for it after the squish so take advantage of that, make the 2x gold now and spend it on vendor stuff that you want. If you want to buy fixed price items, don't look at the squish as you losing half of your gold, look at this as on opportunity to make twice as much gold as you normally would before the squish so you can get those fixed price items faster than you normally would. Make enough to buy what you want, then when the squish happens you'll have already bought whatever it is that you wanted and you'll have almost no gold leftover so you won't have lost much to the squish. If you do have some gold leftover spend it on expensive vendor trade goods like thread, vials, parchment etc. that you'll need for crafting later on.

The tundra mount might be out of reach for some people's gold farming abilities given the squish is only 2 weeks away, but no one really needs a 3 person mount anyway, it's more of a vanity thing.

extra tip: "5k gold on a 280% riding skill, or 20k gold for a Traveler's Mammoth" NEVER pay those prices, farm rep and use the reputation discount. 280% riding skill can be bought at thrallmar/honor hold in hellfire penninsula using orgrimmar/stormwind rep discount or you can buy it at the main bases in borean tundra with the discount for Horde Expedition/Alliance Vanguard (NEVER buy 280% flying training in Dalaran or Shadowmoon Valley because those trainers aren't affiliated with a faction). For the mammoth do instances with the Kirin Tor tabard to gain rep.

good luck!

10. At what time exactly servertime would this take place?

11. I personally dont even care about the squish anymore. I guess it has to happen because of the inflation...what I do care about is that it punishes everyone equally...doesnt matter if you used bots to make millions or you actually sacrificed 3 hours of your personal time to go out and fly/ride around, to farm for it. This is not ok imo.
    You dont battle inflation by taking 50% of the gold/money out of the economy all of a sudden, you battle it in other ways...You could increase the % cut that the AH gets from 5% to 20% for example while also reducing gold. If the server is 7x, why not make all vendor prices 3x? why not make quest rewards etc halved?
    basically how you battle inflation is not by taking away from people what they already have, you have to give worth to that same thing (in our case gold). So how can u make gold worth more on a 7x server which by design is crying "inflation" already?

12. What im trying to say is that inflation isnt getting reduced AT ALL with the squish...inflation is staying more or less the same, just now you are dealing with it with 50% less gold then you had before.
    This makes gold utterly useless over time since its too easy to get on a 7x server...
    You have to change prices of things ingame, to give it worth OR you backport all the gold gain from quests to 2x or whatever the number might be...
    It makes absolutely no sense doing it via a -50% in the long run.
    And at this point players are so well informed about it that everyone is stocking up just to waste the excess gold (which in most cases makes 0 sense unless you found your personal AH loophole where you will be able to make gold yet again with absurd prices), inflating the AH into oblivion-squish is adding to that by design...its just beyond me how you can package "the squish" into inflation reduction lol.

13. I am just recently joined Warmane, and i found news about gold reduction quite disturbing.

As a player which has been through this recently on Frostmourne, having to gather 1k for dual spec and 5k for mount, i can only say this is not a problem. Quests gave me a ton of gold, i got LW maxxed, which was also a few thousand gold sink too, but i did manage to get the gold i needed in about 1 week, only focusing on gold for small periods of time.

I'm only playing on Frostmourne, and im fairly new to the server, so i don't have past server knowledge.
    The problems:
    1. Semi-dead realm - the demand for items is high and not enough people are farming professions. The ones that do, sell stuff at incredibly high prices.
    Example: An epic gem is 500 gold. Level 78 blue gear set is 90% of the time not sold by anyone, and when it is, one piece costs over 800 gold. As a fresh 80, i couldnt afford that.
    2. There are more auction house flippers than people selling. They are selling the items at an extremely high price. Sometimes you can only find an item that you need which is sold by AH flippers.
    3. You can buy gold from the site. This is the main economy buster. There is the pattern now for some to farm tons of gold- sell them on the website and get "donation points" which they get items with.

14. Before the drain, spend all your gold on materials like Gem/Primos and then resell them. Your goal right now should be spend what gold you have on necessary things like Riding Training, duel spec, and materials. It really is pointless though because people just hoard materials
    The prices on AH already begin to rise, and after the cut, everyone will be selling materials, which means MUCH lower prices, due to a high competition. So you buy goods for more money, to sell them later for less. And you still need gold for reparing/food/taxi and other stuff.

Lorderon is another story because the gold you get from questing at 80 isn't as high as icecrown and if you just started you probably aren't very close to 80 and it's harder to make gold over there especially at lower levels.
    If you are an experienced player, then gold will never be a problem for you, even if this is your first character in this realm. But the main problem is much more global than the usual loss of honestly earned money (although this offends). After the cut, prices for quality items will rise much higher than now, gold farming will increase, because people will need to compensate for the losses. And as a result, inflation will again begin to grow and extremely quickly. Vicious circle.

To avoid all of this, you only need two things:
    1. Provide ways to permanently withdraw excess gold. Something that will not interfere with the gameplay, but will be useful.
    2. Do not raise gold rates above Blizzlike, or increase item drop chance or quantity.

Of course, if we are talking about servers with high rates for everything, this will in any case break the normal game, spoil the economy, reduce the time players spend online, and so on. But simply lowering the rates for gold, and most importantly, adding ways to spend this very gold, will allow you to do without such cruel measures, or at least use them less often.

NEVER pay those prices, farm rep and use the reputation discount.
    Yeah right, unless your gold is halved while you're trying to get Exalted on Lordaeron :D

15. The prices on AH already begin to rise, and after the cut, everyone will be selling materials, which means MUCH lower prices, due to a high competition. So you buy goods for more money, to sell them later for less. And you still need gold for reparing/food/taxi and other stuff.

If you are an experienced player, then gold will never be a problem for you, even if this is your first character in this realm. But the main problem is much more global than the usual loss of honestly earned money (although this offends). After the cut, prices for quality items will rise much higher than now, gold farming will increase, because people will need to compensate for the losses. And as a result, inflation will again begin to grow and extremely quickly. Vicious circle.

To avoid all of this, you only need two things:
    1. Provide ways to permanently withdraw excess gold. Something that will not interfere with the gameplay, but will be useful.
    2. Do not raise gold rates above Blizzlike, or increase item drop chance or quantity.

Of course, if we are talking about servers with high rates for everything, this will in any case break the normal game, spoil the economy, reduce the time players spend online, and so on. But simply lowering the rates for gold, and most importantly, adding ways to spend this very gold, will allow you to do without such cruel measures, or at least use them less often.

Yeah right, unless your gold is halved while you're trying to get Exalted on Lordaeron :D
    This is exactly what im talking about...gold has to get meaning to get rid of inflation...as it stands right now its way to easy to get and squish doesnt do anything about it. I mean just think about, you have 100k gold now, you buy primos for 800 for example, after the squish you will have 50k but primos will be around 400...so it didnt do absolutely anything...inflation stays same as it was before and continues to become worse actually year after year after year...

First ... 34567 ... Last