1. anyone knows what time they will do the maintenance?

I want to know the same thing. Not sure why the time of day wasn't included in the initial details. All they had to add was what hour Realm Time when they stated the date.

2. the funny thing is that prices will drop after the squish yes but they wont drop instantly for 50% to make up for the gold loss...they will drop by like 30-40% and then go down by maybe 50-60% over few months when it wont matter anymore anyway since everyone will have more then enough gold again...Thats why squish doesnt doesnt do anything against inflation but worsens it over the span of few years...

3. the funny thing is that prices will drop after the squish yes but they wont drop instantly for 50% to make up for the gold loss...they will drop by like 30-40% and then go down by maybe 50-60% over few months when it wont matter anymore anyway since everyone will have more then enough gold again...Thats why squish doesnt do anything against inflation but worsens it over the span of few years...

I'm with you there. When I first heard about the squish months ago from a guild mate I was like ...huh!?! I wish everyone had a better understanding of economics.

4. So what exactly was the point of this squish ? You created artificial hyperinflation that did **** all to the people who know how to make a lot of gold. The new players or the ones that don't know how to make gold just got screwed big time. Prices were stable for months, this was totally unnecessary. The only real reason why there is a small inflation in the prices is because the more the year passes, the further we get to the next squish. If you take gold to coin ratio or even the AH prices throughout the year, you will see that the prices barely move. Significant differences can be felt maybe in the summer due to the supply shortage as more people go inactive. I honestly don't understand why this keeps going on. The last week the server turned into Venezuela and everything cost an arm and a leg. For me personally, this was great as the gold generated was going through the roof. But not everyone can afford to pay 500g for 23 sp gem.

5. I'm just curious, what will stop ppl from posting items on AH with the old "high" prices? I mean, frostweave bags are still like 80-100g on AH.

6. Nice squish, but not that nice :|

I got squished too. Totally forgot about it. Lost around 1500 gold as a lvl 35 - 40 player. Pretty neat :D
    At least i hope will be announced next time to know exactly the day. To clean my gold at least and buy something :)

7. Frostweave bags ? They was like even 150-200g on AH from time to time ^^ Maybe i will afford them later in the game :)

8. I'm just curious, what will stop ppl from posting items on AH with the old "high" prices? I mean, frostweave bags are still like 80-100g on AH.
    The free market will. Right now there's nothing stopping me posting anything I was for 10000g each. Except the fact that others are prepared to offer a fair price and my auction would never sell.

Right now probably most people haven't logged in yet and prices haven't come down. They should come down somewhat later. Costs are still high right now because the items to make things are still expensive. It'll all work itself out over a day or two.

9. I got squished too. Totally forgot about it. Lost around 1500 gold as a lvl 35 - 40 player. Pretty neat :D
    At least i hope will be announced next time to know exactly the day. To clean my gold at least and buy something :)
    It was announced in January, in this thread stating the exact date it would happen.

10. the funny thing is that prices will drop after the squish yes but they wont drop instantly for 50% to make up for the gold loss...they will drop by like 30-40% and then go down by maybe 50-60% over few months when it wont matter anymore anyway since everyone will have more then enough gold again...Thats why squish doesnt doesnt do anything against inflation but worsens it over the span of few years...
    See, I don't agree. The prices surging before the squish, and dropping gradually after is just the effect of people buying up items they think will hold value before the squish, in order to hold onto the value after. Over the next couple of days prices should equalize.

If there was no squish ever, prices for everything would continue to rise year on year as more gold enters the system and much less is leaving. Indeed prices for many items have come down year on year because of the squish. Example of Primordial Saronite, 2019 average was around 1050g. 2020 average 900g, 2021 average 450g (ignoring the surges before squish).

It works, over time.

11. Almost felt bad for losing my 30K, but then I remember that prices will reach new lows these comming two months, and I felt pretty good about deciding to keep some G instead of spending them all.

12. Two weeks ago I came back to the game after one year of inactivity, I've been past this twoo weeks mining and selling every day saving for when I reached level 80 I could buy the mammoth, bring some friends to the game and help them levelling up. Anyway, thats not the thing, I madre almost 6k of gold this two weeks for nothing, playing in the very little free time I have outside the work, and I have the same amount of gold that before I come back to the game... This is terribly frustrating.

I'm not expect anything I'm just want to tell the staff that there might be a better way to introduce these gold squish in the future, and that they have taken away from me all the desire to play this game again.

Greetings.

13. can i throw my money at you guys again the donation side is still down

14. can i throw my money at you guys again the donation side is still down
    We're aware and it's being worked on.

Update: It should be fixed now.
    Edited: March 7, 2022 Reason: Update

15. See, I don't agree. The prices surging before the squish, and dropping gradually after is just the effect of people buying up items they think will hold value before the squish, in order to hold onto the value after. Over the next couple of days prices should equalize.

If there was no squish ever, prices for everything would continue to rise year on year as more gold enters the system and much less is leaving. Indeed prices for many items have come down year on year because of the squish. Example of Primordial Saronite, 2019 average was around 1050g. 2020 average 900g, 2021 average 450g (ignoring the surges before squish).

It works, over time.
    This is because the realm was "kinda fresh" after 3 years or so after moldown and now everyone that raids here and there probably has 5-20 lvl 80s that are constantly raiding imo, its not because of squish and buying/selling the primordials before/after

First ... 678910 ... Last