1. Warning to new players looking to play this server

I'll start off by saying I've been playing on this server for about a month now. I've wanted to play WotLK again for a while now and seen pretty good reviews for Warmane. I've been enjoying my time playing on the server, except for one thing.....ganking.

Imo... it's pretty out of control. Look I get it, its part of the game but I feel like I need to warn any new players thinking about playing on this server that you will get ganked and you will get ganked alot. Instead of playing endgame content, I have just been leveling alts and Its crazy to me how many people only gank low level characters. I leveled 3 characters through Tanaris, and all three times the same level 80 player was just either standing in Gadgetzan or roaming the edges of Gadgetzan, nuking the **** out of low level characters. I never understood the appeal of ganking lowbies but I'm not here to judge anyone or try to tell anyone how to play. I do feel I should set some expectation for any new players looking to get in the server. There is no PvE server only PvP. Call me what you want, yea I'm not gonna lie... I'm a little salty... just got done trying to level in Hellfire just repeatedly getting ganked over and over for an hour. Other than that I've really been enjoying playing and its a bummer that this is causing me to not want to play anymore but it is what it is. I play Alliance so I'm not sure how bad it is on the Horde side, but I do know the Horde is absolutely relentless when it comes to killing players too low to fight back.

All in all this is a good WotLK server but just be prepared to die repeatedly

2. Are there mentally abused subhumans camping low level players? There are. However this wont delay your leveling by more than 1-2 hours in worst cases. So just push through it and ignore the ******s.

On a side note, its much worse for horde players, obviously
    Edited: January 25, 2022

3. Can't wait for part 2, farming gear. You are in for a big surprise.

4. A useful tip to avoid being ganked in the same zone on different characters: Switch zones, level in a new area! If I was being ganked in the same zone by 1 player on 3 different alts, I definitely would just level in a safer zone next time where they wouldn't be - You level quickly on Icecrown so luckily you don't stay in one area for too long.

I find in outland though there'll be level 80s of both factions - So if you do find yourself being camped/ganked a lot, ask for some help in /1, a couple times when I need to be in outland I'll fly past some people being ganked and will help them out so they can finish up the quests in peace.

Gadgetzan & Hellfire are definitely hotspot for level 80s though who will kill the other faction on sight - These areas have always been that way ever since I remember playing wotlk. The same goes for stranglethorn vale too. There's a few topics around the warmane forums(and probably wotlk guide sites) which gives good suggestions on alternative leveling zones which are safe for each faction and will minimize the amount of ganks you'll encounter.
    Edited: January 25, 2022

5. my guess is that you come from some kind of late expansion of the game, maybe the one with demon wings or smth. then you play wotlk wich is last sorta
    "vanilla" expansion of the game, and get ganked, because after cataclysm, no one would walk anymore the old continents... but this is world of warcraft,
    not world of peacecraft. i suggest you find another server. here not only people gank, but they do it with BiS toons lvl 80s full pvp/heroic gear rofl

6. my guess is that you come from some kind of late expansion of the game, maybe the one with demon wings or smth. then you play wotlk wich is last sorta
    "vanilla" expansion of the game, and get ganked, because after cataclysm, no one would walk anymore the old continents... but this is world of warcraft,
    not world of peacecraft. i suggest you find another server. here not only people gank, but they do it with BiS toons lvl 80s full pvp/heroic gear rofl
    No man I've played since TBC. I've been ganked and have taken part in ganking, but I've never seen so many spergs who think they are badass by killing toons 40 levels lower than them and keep hunting them down. I said I know its part of the game but I was just warning people who want to play but might get triggered by getting farmed like that.

And yes, maybe I should not have gone back to the same zone to level but i thought to myself " there is no way that same mother****er will be there killing lowbies three time in a row". Obviously I was mistaken on how pathetic people can be.. oh well.. lesson learned

7. Find a friend and let him boost you to level 58-60 through vanilla dungeons --> skipping leveling.
    Then do outland dungeons from 60/61 to 68-70 -> skipping leveling (just need few quests to unlock dungeon quests).

Profit.

Again leveling in tanaris is just asking to get killed. Hellfire is still an okay zone to level especially if you have flying mount. It gets easier.

Why do people gank low levels? Because most of low levels are alt of someone who is level 80, so no exception.