1. The worst leveling experience ever (a warning)

So you don't want to buy a boost for 20 bucks, and you think you'll be able to level easily. After all, it's a 7x server. So many good quests to complete! So many dungeons to explore! Well I'm here to tell you to get a job and pay the $20.

If you don't know what it's like to be corpse camped for 8 hours consecutively by a full raid team of ICC geared lvl 80s..... in Elwyn..... don't try and quest.

If you expect to spend less than an hour in dungeon queue, don't do dungeons.

If you expect to, when finally getting into a dungeon group, actually clear the dungeon.... don't do dungeons.

if you expect it to get better at higher levels.... it doesn't. You WILL be corpse camped and t-bagged every minute of every day in every zone. You will NEVER find competent dungeon groups in random queue. This is simply put the worst most toxic community i've ever seen in world of warcraft on any server since its inception.

Buy the boost, play with your friends exclusively. Or don't and die over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Just a warning.

2. If you don't know what it's like to be corpse camped for 8 hours consecutively by a full raid team of ICC geared lvl 80s..... in Elwyn..... don't try and quest.
    Why were you attacking max level horde while leveling in an ALLIANCE zone? Thats on you.

If you expect to, when finally getting into a dungeon group, actually clear the dungeon.... don't do dungeons.
    If your plan was to efficiently level with dungeons, you should've rolled a class capable of tanking. The numbers game on this is common sense, independent of choice of server, retail or private.

You WILL be corpse camped and t-bagged every minute of every day in every zone.
    maybe you should've looked at the server stats and considered rolling horde?

You will NEVER find competent dungeon groups in random queue.
    Sure, this server has its share of stupid people, but EVERYONE isnt totally incompetent. Although I can't speak for alliance on this one.

Or don't and die over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    you sound like an insufferable, whiny little child. please leave our community and never come back.

3. KingofDonair pretty much summed it all up.

Aside from this: If you're being camped for 8 hours... Why the hell are you still there. Spend 15 minutes to move zone where they aren't camping, WoW is huge. There's plenty of zones to level in and you won't be in them for very long on Icecrown anyway.

People are just bone idle and seem to only stick to the one levelling path in the hottest zones expecting a game about fighting and killing the opposite faction to be safe..

---

You could also just start playing retail, you can disable world pvp over on there :) Getting killed and camped is just part of wotlk and older expansions of the game.
    Edited: January 27, 2022

4. I don't recommend getting boost, I recommend buying character from trade. There are some nice characters with BoE's, mounts, all riding skills trained, double professions and so on.

maybe you should've looked at the server stats and considered rolling horde?
    Or not stay where you get ganked repeatedly? Getting ganked all the time in X zone is clear sign: DO NOT GO/STAY THERE.

Sure, this server has its share of stupid people, but EVERYONE isnt totally incompetent. Although I can't speak for alliance on this one.
    I have had hardly ever a problem with incompetence in RDF. If you think somebody's struggling, offer a friendly advice free of insults, threats, vulgarity.

5. All good comments folks, i appreciate the responses. Couple things to add:

1) i moved zones if i died more than 5 times within 10 minutes. There are no safe zones however. spam ganking happens in every zone on the continent, it's just a matter of where those gankers are at the moment. if i could get 20 minutes of questing in i'd be efficient and get 2 levels with it. that's how i managed to 80.

2) even in elwyn there are 80 rogues stealthing on top of and inside mobs so that, when you press an ability or tab target, it autotargets to them and flags you. once you're flagged you are camped.

3) can confirm buying character would be better, the boost gear is bad.

4) the level of pve skill on this server is very low from what i've seen so far, but it could improve at higher tier content! we'll see.

5) I queued as tank exclusively during my rdf grind. queues took minimum 30 minutes. this ain't my first time.

6) oh yes, the classic "if you don't like it leave" argument when presented with a fair and accurate critique. there are better servers than this one out there, but my friends chose this one so i'll stick it out. I find that typically the people that don't mind getting spam ganked by max levels are also the people that, when getting to max level, spam gank lowbies. if that's yout jam then just be straightforward about it instead of pretending this is how pvp servers were back in the day. sure, there was some greifing, but not on the level of this server.
    Edited: January 30, 2022

6. sure, there was some greifing, but not on the level of this server.
    Angwe: KEKW.

7. All good comments folks, i appreciate the responses. Couple things to add:

1) i moved zones if i died more than 5 times within 10 minutes. There are no safe zones however. spam ganking happens in every zone on the continent, it's just a matter of where those gankers are at the moment. if i could get 20 minutes of questing in i'd be efficient and get 2 levels with it. that's how i managed to 80.
    I don't believe this. I travel around a lot in zones and hardly bump into that many 80s, especially in low level areas when I'm just levelling proffs and doing achievements. If you're getting camped in every single zone you enter without 20 minutes of peace, you must be streaming & being followed because of that.

2) even in elwyn there are 80 rogues stealthing on top of and inside mobs so that, when you press an ability or tab target, it autotargets to them and flags you. once you're flagged you are camped.
    While I'm sure a couple rogues have done this, it's so unlikely this will be experienced. Never have I attacked a mob in elwynn to find a stealthed rogue hiding inside it to flag me in combat. 99.9% of players will level in elwynn without issue of horde.

3) can confirm buying character would be better, the boost gear is bad.
    Boost gear is ok, you can upgrade it and be rushing heroics in a few hours. Upgrade it into BoE's on the AH for a few hundred gold each.

4) the level of pve skill on this server is very low from what i've seen so far, but it could improve at higher tier content! we'll see.
    I'm sure there's low skill players, but there's also high level skill players. Spend some time finding the correct raiding guild for you. You can't really judge the pve skill of the server based on non-level 80 players.

6) oh yes, the classic "if you don't like it leave" argument when presented with a fair and accurate critique. there are better servers than this one out there, but my friends chose this one so i'll stick it out. I find that typically the people that don't mind getting spam ganked by max levels are also the people that, when getting to max level, spam gank lowbies. if that's yout jam then just be straightforward about it instead of pretending this is how pvp servers were back in the day. sure, there was some greifing, but not on the level of this server.
    Not wrong, I'm sure there's a lot of players who gank low levels because they were constantly ganked levelling up. I'm sure there's also a large amount of players who just kill the opposite faction because that's the point of PvP, kill the enemy when you see them. I've watched quite a few tbc streamers from retail where they get ganked constantly by stream snipers, so when this happens to them on retail, they usually switch characters and level a different alt for a little bit and then swap back later - This plan of action won't work if you're just hard set on levelling 1character and only playing that though.

Your levelling experience sounds like the worst experience anyone has experienced, above streamers, which is just insane. I can ensure new players it's really not as bad as this OP is making it sound.

I'm sure you more than likely just got hard ganked in 1 or 2 zones and are being dramatic about it, saying you're unable to level anywhere at all.. There's no way a full raid team is camping a low level in elwynn, there's no way on top of this experience you also found stealthed rogues waiting on you to flag into combat... This is just crazy lmao and on the very small % chance you did experience this - Sounds like you just got unlucky with some horde raiding Goldshire area - This happened A TON on retail and so many wotlk servers. Welcome to the true experience.

Sounds like you're just not cut out for wotlk experience and are better suited for a more custom server or newer expansions.
    Edited: January 30, 2022

8. There was this one guy who got stuck in a time loop, he respawned, got ganked, respawned, got ganked, he just kept trying to go to the same quest npc. Then there was another dude who got camped for 2hrs by a afk DK whos pet was left on aggressive.

You 3 should make a guild, you will hit it off real good.

9. Haha you guys are so nice. The dude’s clearly trolling and you are posting 10 paragraph replies xD guess have to give benefit of the doubt

10. I don't find it too be too horrible. 2 zones are the exception though. Hellfire and Tanaris. You will be killed. Its just a thing. I enjoy leveling, so I've done 30 characters to 80, about half and half across factions. There is a fairly even amount of ganking from each side. Horde generally team up to kill you though, and might even follow long distances for you to land or something to kill you.

11. So you don't want to buy a boost for 20 bucks, and you think you'll be able to level easily. After all, it's a 7x server. So many good quests to complete! So many dungeons to explore! Well I'm here to tell you to get a job and pay the $20.

If you don't know what it's like to be corpse camped for 8 hours consecutively by a full raid team of ICC geared lvl 80s..... in Elwyn..... don't try and quest.

if you expect it to get better at higher levels.... it doesn't. You WILL be corpse camped and t-bagged every minute of every day in every zone. You will NEVER find competent dungeon groups in random queue. This is simply put the worst most toxic community i've ever seen in world of warcraft on any server since its inception.

Buy the boost, play with your friends exclusively. Or don't and die over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Just a warning.
    This is nothing more than a babyrage post from someone who isnt used to play on a pvp server. Yes there is gankers here and there but not that mutch. Be smart dont go to the known pvp zones like tanaris, quest somewhere else. Yes dungeon ques are long but to make them shorter dont play dps like 99% of the players.

I didnt really have any of these problems while leveling except the dungeon ques were long, but that was not a problem for me because i wanted to quest anyways.

12. im lvling characters since 2010 or 2011 on this server, before it was Frostwolf, then idk what, then Lordaeron, now Icecrown...I cant share your experience...I play horde and yes, I do think that ally is worse then horde at just randomly killing lowbies everywhere but very very rarely, in fact I cant remember a single time that someone actually bothered to corpse camp me etc...
    Yes, the RDF queues can be long if you are lvling something like a warlock/mage/hunter/rogue that cant either tank and/or heal but outside of that, what people fail to see is that someone specced into shadow can heal perfectly fine till like 40 or maybe evena bit above...same if you lvl as elemental or idk balance...
    and for tanking...well if you are lvling a druid you are probably feral so you can tank, pally is slow as tank at start but gets a lot better later on and imo if you lvl a warrior as anything else but protection then idk if its even worth talking about where you went wrong. So ye RDF queue can be long but generally its kinda avoidable.
    for 20$ or 20 coins im freagin lvling you any char you want in a day lol, someone plz make me this offer, im bought :D I am actually one of the few people probably that enjoys lvling cause it just gives me the break from killing my time at 80 in Dalaran and I can chill without 500 people on top of my head hehe
    here is my route for lvling for horde: starting zone-ghostlands-hillsbrad foothills-STV-tanaris-Un'goro-hellfire peninsula-zangarmarsh elites and fast quests (maybe)-borean-dragonblight elites-finish in an area where I need rep from a specific faction... It might not be the fastest route and I a lot of times do even green quests if they dont involve a lot of running but when I hit the next area I am usually already 2-3 lvls above it then I need to be just so im able to take quests in packs everywhere...like I go to STV at 38+ aprox, just so I dont get ganked 24/7 etc...but then again, I am also able to solo most of the elite quests that are tagged as "red" or "group" since I know them inside out, they account for a lot of exp
    And since I already wrote such a long post for w/e reason, I wanna ask all of you 80s killing lowbies for fun...
    wth is wrong with you? what fun is there in killing someone that cant defend himself in the first place against you? its sickening tbh...I know its a PvP server and I dont mind pvp when the lvl is aprox equal so I know I stand a chance but ruining someone else's experience and fun because half of you cant kill a player of your own lvl probably, is pathetic. Real pvp players dont tend to gank, its the sorrow losers that do it
    Edited: February 11, 2022