1. Spell resist

Hello. I toon is 80 5.3kgs, I noticed that my spells on all bosses of raids and dungeons get resisted by 20%. im hit capped but how is it possible?

here how it looks
    Edited: January 27, 2022

2. Resistance is not related to hit rating.

3. For NPCs and bosses the average resisted damage will be 2% per level above you.

Now, the partial resists will follow a triangular distribution around that average resist keeping in mind that partial resists occur in increments of 0%,10%,20%... through the following rules:

P(x=0) = 1 - 7,5 * R_avg,
    P(x=0,1) = 5 * R_avg
    P(x=0,2) = 2,5 * R_avg
    where x is the possible partial resist and R_avg is the average resist. (x and R_avg are in terms of %/100). These formulas were derived from
    P(x) = 0,5 - 2,5*|x - R_avg|, which I'm not go into detail here for simplicity purposes. I'm complicating enough as it is.

- For 83 level bosses (and heroic dummy as shown in figure) average resist will be 6% i.e.:

P(0) = 0,55 means you have 55% chance that your the boss will take full damage
    P(0,1) = 0,3 means there is a 30% chance that the boss will resist the damage by 10%
    P(0,2) = 0,15 means there is a 15% chance that the boss will resist the damage by 20% (which was the case you were talking about)

- For 82 level bosses (dungeons) average resist will be 4% i.e.:

P(0) = 0,7 means you have 70% chance that your the boss will take full damage
    P(0,1) = 0,2 means there is a 20% chance that the boss will resist the damage by 10%
    P(0,2) = 0,1 means there is a 10% chance that the boss will resist the damage by 20%

Hope this helps. For further questions you can join the discord: https://discord.com/invite/eFrjcUR