1. Is your argument "they play too much so the staff had to do something"?

Also conflating those who were losing WG on purpose with the rest of farmers is disingenuous.

2. You could also se it this way.

Refusing to play is a bannable offence, in RDF's and BG's, it goes under the distruption of gameplay.
    "Avoiding the AFK kick mechanism in Battlegrounds: Do not join Battlegrounds if you aren't willing to help others to win. Using bots or anything else to keep you from being kicked by our anti-afk system is not allowed."
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=65037

If I recall right blocking portals are also a bannable offence after some people used to put up mage portals over the city portals in dalaran.

3. What's disingenuous is conflating something legitimate (killing people in WG) with something illegitimate (losing a match on purpose). Even if those who were losing on purpose were a subset of those who were farming HKs, I don't find that to be good enough of an excuse to throw the baby away with the bathwater.

A solution that I haven't seen explored to avoid having portals blocked is using collision boxes like the ones used in Blackrock so people can't stand inside the goblins. The solution chosen was ham-fisted and I believe is the result of the staff not wanting to deal with people standing about in WG (which is also reasonable...).

4. A solution that I haven't seen explored to avoid having portals blocked is using collision boxes like the ones used in Blackrock so people can't stand inside the goblins. The solution chosen was ham-fisted and I believe is the result of the staff not wanting to deal with people standing about in WG (which is also reasonable...).
    Not entirely sure.

Moving the portal inside means there's no reason to lose WG on purpose. The portal is inside -> can't camp it if/when you lose WG. If they just added collision box to teleporter, it could still be camped. And let's face it, with the light of how some go out of their way to lose WG's to get some HK's in, maybe it was for the best to fully deny this practice happening after Alliance loses WG.

5. Let me put it another way: yeeeears ago, in the old Lordaeron, there were a couple of rogues that spent all day flyhacking around STV and ganking people. What did they do, ban the rogues or make STV a no-PvP zone?

6. I had a good laugh, really.
    First off, the arguments about retail and Blizzard not interfering with gameplay. Remind me, is Icecrown a blizzlike? Do we have tens of thousands of players on the realm? Players that do PvP and PvE on both factions? No. And let me tell you, it's improbable that a situation like this would happen on retail. The conditions are totally different. That's why this argument is just plain wrong and actually funny. The factions are totally imbalanced when it comes to PvP and PvE content.

Not to mention, people usually don't dedicate as much time to the game as campers do (yes, the "playing more than me" is actually a valid argument) and want to just quickly form a group, go in, kill some bosses and move on. They don't need to waste 20 minutes trying to click a blocked portal, just because some people have all day just to stay on a portal, killing people that in most cases don't have a proper way to defend themselves (you just TP'd there/ resurrected). Do that enough times and people will straight up leave.

Let's be honest here, this points out to another issue. Either there is a huge imbalance in factions when it comes to PvP and alliance players struggle to find competition, so they try in places like WG (in which case, there are people doing quests in WG, there is no need to camp recently teleported players or to block their portals) or the alliance players just don't enjoy the PvP content and rather enjoy ruining others pleasure from the game. Don't get me wrong, I am all in for PvP, but it has to be fair and square, killing people one by one once they teleport in in a raid group is not that. And you would be a hipocrite if you said it's just a normal PvP as it was meant to be.

With the intentional loses on WG from alliance side in mind, I am convinced that it's the combination of the two. And while I believe that there are many ways to conquer this problem, either by teleporting right into the portal room or giving the recently teleported players honorless status, I don't think this fixes the root of the problem. The best way for you people, those who cry about getting robbed of your precious PvP, is to simply take your group, guild or whoever you can find and switch to Horde. That way, you have the competition, you increase the server PvP flow and you don't have to listen to PvE players crying, since you will be forming those defending groups you force them to do yourself. I only see benefits (apart from the human racial, that is, which is the reason why alliance is dominating the PvP), that is, if it's not just that people want to farm numbers and ruin other peoples enjoynment, rather than having an actually enriching, fair and competitive PvP.

All in all, the teleport right into the portal room seems like a best option to me. But seeing that the teleport feature has been removed, and there is no honorless status when teleported, I wonder what was the reason for the removal of this feature.

I will elaborate - I have teleported here just to see after my guildies pointed this out. I don't usually do WG or VoA, I can't be bothered, but they told me about the change and now that it has been removed. I have been greeted with release spirit screen right after loading in, with a group of around 30, yep, 30 alliance players spamming AoE spells on the teleport point, with cute umbrellas placed on the teleport pad. I have to wonder, and I hope the PvP players that defend this way of play so much, would enlighten me as to what is this good for. HK farming? Honor farming? If this is the reason, why not farm it in BG's and have some fun with it, instead of mindlessly killing defenseless players? Maybe you find it difficult winning the BG's and farming that way? Or perhaps it's simply time efficient? I just can't wrap my head around it. I don't see a reason why would someone preferring PvP gameplay just farm easy targets instead of doing actual PvP. I don't see a reasonable difference between PvP and PvE here. So if you know, let me know.

Oh, and before someone comes at me with the "MAIN SELLING POINT" of the game, let's be honest and acknowledge that killing, in most cases, defenseless players (after losing WG on purpose) is certainly not the main selling point. And if it is for you, maybe roll a horde and you can od it there, too?

7. We'll stop camping Wintergrasp if you stop camping Darkshire and Honor Hold.
    Edited: April 18, 2022

8. That would first require you giving up camping lowbies in Thrallmar and Warsong Hold. But you won't, due to the reasons listed in the text wall above, right?

9. None of these "pvp enthusiasts" is willing to switch to horde to balance things up to actually promotes wpvp when I ask them tho. The main reason is simply alliance has better racials for pvp. if people say otherwise thats horsepoop. Shadowmeld and emfh ftw.

10. Just trying to get my 100k hk achiieve. Guys like Quop and Kenzz are you just crazy though.

11. Funny story I was in Wintergrasp killing people in a PvP zone on my hunter killed this druid twice hops on his Horde DK starts calling me a noob for PvPing in a PvP zone I simply told him ally do the same thing all the time why is it a problem if I do it on Horde side his respone waas that ally players are just no lifers you really can't make this **** up.

12. Just trying to get my 100k hk achiieve. Guys like Quop and Kenzz are you just crazy though.
    Queue for AV/IoC only and you will get it in a couple months.

In any case if these are your first 100k HKs I would recommend that you instead queue random and try to enjoy the game.

First ... 234