1. Val'anyr fragments

Hey guys, I ve decided im gonna try grind valanyr through guild and pugs, im expecting a long way to get there but i have time, quick question, does anyone know whats drop chance from bosses and their hard versions? I know yogg has 100%. Also do any frags drop in 10man? Thanksies

2. Hey guys, I ve decided im gonna try grind valanyr through guild and pugs, im expecting a long way to get there but i have time, quick question, does anyone know whats drop chance from bosses and their hard versions? I know yogg has 100%. Also do any frags drop in 10man? Thanksies
    You can check wowpedia for a more accurate description of the drop %:

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fragment_of_Val%27anyr
    Spoiler: Show
    If you check the link, you'd see that the fragments don't drop on 10-man regardless of mode.
    Though, I'd like to mention something. I've stumbled upon comments stating that the drop % had been nerfed on warmane due to the longevity of the server, which apparently also regards the drop chance of the SFS shards:

http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=422099
    https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=388543
    https://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=424683

So, be prepared to farm the Val'anyr fragments slowly. Btw, you'd prolly not like the next suggestion, but I had a guildie from two years ago, who farmed gold and sold it for coins, which he then used to buy the legendary healing mace. I'm just mentioning it here in case you get tired of the slow farming process.

3. I think that it makes sense to lower the chance of getting SFS, but Val'anyr Fragments? Does that apply to Icecrown as well?

4. I think that it makes sense to lower the chance of getting SFS, but Val'anyr Fragments? Does that apply to Icecrown as well?
    I mean, I'm not part of the staff, and I can't guarantee that my assumptions would be correct, but I think that this also applies to Icecrown. Frostmourne, Lordearon, and Icecrown all share the same coding. Granted, there are some tweaks here and there, but I'm pretty sure that the loot table is the same across all realms.

Again, this is just my personal opinion. I could be wrong. Not to mention, RNG is merciless when it comes to loot, and it could also possible that the drop % hasn't been modified for Val'anyr and people are just unlucky.
    Edited: March 22, 2022

5. Thats why im asking, because i actually also remember that i saw somewhere that warmane actually has lower chance for frags to drop than retail. Also i know about gold farming here, ive been on warmane for years so i know ppl that say they farm coins by selling gold are mostly talking bs because its far more complicated and not as well rewarded as they it is.

6. i know ppl that say they farm coins by selling gold are mostly talking bs because its far more complicated and not as well rewarded as they it is.
    I've completely geared up several characters in months by selling gold and I know of several people who have done the same.

7. Thats why im asking, because i actually also remember that i saw somewhere that warmane actually has lower chance for frags to drop than retail. Also i know about gold farming here, ive been on warmane for years so i know ppl that say they farm coins by selling gold are mostly talking bs because its far more complicated and not as well rewarded as they it is.
    Everything has its pros and cons. Gold farming might not be profitable to some, but it could be the least challenging path when it comes to obtaining legendaries.

For Val'anyr specifically, this means motivating people to do a low tier raid, which not everyone would be interested to do. If your guild aims to help a healer obtain the legendary mace in order to enhance raid progression - sweet, you got yourself covered. But as far as pugs go, there's not much incentive other than some cosmetic goodies:

• transmog;
    • achievements;
    • the 310% mount from the glory achievement (this requires kiling all bosses on hm + more);
    • Mimiron's Head (Yogg 0-light).
    Spoiler: Show
    Iirc, in the past there was an exploit in Freya's garden, where people could farm herbs for free (I think they used to respawn relatively fast), which is fixed now so one less incentive for the general public.
    Not to mention, if you're doing most of the bosses on nm, the drop chance of the fragments would be even slimmer. It's better to do the bosses on hm, which could require a bit of coordination (though, with near BiS gear and no buffed content the experience shouldn't be that hard on Icecrown).

So, again, it's a matter of choice and risk evaluation. If you prefer the traditional approach of farming fragments because you know that you can always fill the raid with enough players, then go for it. I honestly wish you all the best. Though, I just mentioned the "trade market" option as an alternative cuz some people might not find assembling groups for Ulduar that easy.
    Edited: March 23, 2022 Reason: correcting some grammar mistakes

8. Perhaps in years, but gearing up traditional way takes way less time. If you are saying this took you few weeks or month im calling you out on your bs. Well obv if you would be playing 24/7 perhaps you could achieve that in 2-3 weeks.

9. Making gold to sell and buy legendary is definitely faster, even if you spend just 30mins a day on gold making.
    But I think this guy wants to get it "legit" way. So my suggestion is to create/join a guild who does 0 lights every week or something, go up in ranks so fragments are reserved for you. To get there will take more time than getting all fragments probably, but it will be great journey.

10. I think the chances of finding a guild that will run Ulduar often enough to get all the fragments, especially if the drop rate has been nerfed, is close to nil. If you really want it I think that you should buy it or farm the gold.

At current rates you would only need around 250000-300000 gold to buy it.

11. Since I don't know the optimal way to farm gold, my opinion might not be relevant, but I'd still like to share something:

OP, you could try selling gold on Frostmourne. My former IC guild master joined the server just for that specific reason, and he managed to sell gold and toons for a ridiculous amount of coins at the start of season 1.