1. but part of the fun
    For you. Part of the fun for you. And for all the people who should be toggling PvP on, but for a variety of excuses say they won't.

2. For you. Part of the fun for you. And for all the people who should be toggling PvP on, but for a variety of excuses say they won't.
    Okay mate :)))) I see that there's no debate to be had so I'll leave my 2c there.

3. Just a small idea, not sure if it was mentioned before.

As many pve players mentioned, they have no intent in playing pvp at all. Okay. Some pvp saying that lack of world pvp will be tragic for server. Imo it wont, but I don't like idea that it will for sure affect market (veins/herbs farming).

So, what about this: WG is pvp, so best place for farming materials is at battle, thats cool. About other zones, if its possible - Mining vein or gathering herb flags You automatically with pvp ON for like 10-15 s. Let it be just for WOTLK zones.

In that case, in open world, pve'rs can have smooth leveling. Pvpers can have their open world pvp when farming primals/mats. We would still have old good alliance-horde fight for resources, which could even be good for market, maybe even lure more people to world pvp so they can take over an farming areas.

No gankers for low lvl, no gankers for peaceful high level, still some world pvp and resources battle between horde and aliance for pvpers.

4. That would mean anyone wanting to have any profession at all, ie. every single player, would have to either PvP or be subject to whatever prices PvPers wanted to set. That's not a PvE server by any stretch. The point is people giving the choice to PvP, not to just reduce the amount of PvP they are essentially forced into.

5. Well, the relevance stems from the fact that, in one of the scenarios, the victim has no chance whatsoever to fend for themselves, while in the latter they can have a decent shot of winning.
    Still irrelevant. For a PvE player both of those scenarios still involve being forced into content they have no interest participating in.

I love my PVE, too (Lordaeron main), but part of the fun, and a great way of breaking the monotony, of leveling is not knowing whether you're going to bump into a member of the opposing faction, and engage in a scrap. I feel that removing this option will deter people, and have an adverse effect on realm balance (exacerbating an already dire situation).
    Everyone plays for fun, but fun is subjective. You find wPvP fun, but others don't. Now those who don't have been given an out and can choose if they wish to participate in it or not. You can still have your fun, just only with those who also find the same content fun and not at the expense of others.

Sure, some people might be turned away from the server because of it being PvE. But all those players that have been turned away from literally every server for the past decade because they've all been PvP, might fill their place.

6. Still irrelevant. For a PvE player both of those scenarios still involve being forced into content they have no interest participating in.
    Welcome to MMOs that have more than one aspect to them! PvP players have to get stuck in with raiding in order to excel at the highest levels of Arenas [trinkets/weapons], so having to dabble with other parts of the game that may not necessarily be your favourite should be a given in a game such as WoW.

[QUOTE=dave9810;3145963Sure, some people might be turned away from the server because of it being PvE. But all those players that have been turned away from literally every server for the past decade because they've all been PvP, might fill their place.[/QUOTE]

This is a fair point, however, I'd argue that we shouldn't seek to deter a specific segment of the community from playing, just so that another would fill its place; surely it's ideal to facilitate to both parties?

7. This is a fair point, however, I'd argue that we shouldn't seek to deter a specific segment of the community from playing, just so that another would fill its place; surely it's ideal to facilitate to both parties?

That is exactly what this new PVE server is doing? Bringing to an end a specific segment of the community from having a realm to play on Warmane.

*Gestures wildly at all the other PVP servers Warmane runs*

You can play your way. You have been able to play your way since before these realms were even called Warmane.

PVE players get ONE realm... Just one. And suddenly its the end of the world? Do you want all segments of the community to have an option to play or not?

8. That is exactly what this new PVE server is doing? Bringing to an end a specific segment of the community from having a realm to play on Warmane.

*Gestures wildly at all the other PVP servers Warmane runs*

You can play your way. You have been able to play your way since before these realms were even called Warmane.

PVE players get ONE realm... Just one. And suddenly its the end of the world? Do you want all segments of the community to have an option to play or not?
    A seasonal realm such as Fmourne, with the plethora of cool features that it has upcoming in S3, should facilitate to as many segments of the community as possible. That was the point I was trying to make; I, of course, am happy at the idea of more people being inclined to try it out, but I would question their commitment in the first place if the occasional bit of ganking put them off grinding it out till max level to partake in everything endgame has to offer.

9. As several people asked check again the main post "Cross-faction Dungeon Finder". It is obvious that they would implement this as it is a must. If a PVP server had such overwhelming Horde poplulation imagine PVE server, therefore it is only logical to have the whole server pop ''mixed in'' in the PVE aspect as well.

10. A seasonal realm such as Fmourne, with the plethora of cool features that it has upcoming in S3, should facilitate to as many segments of the community as possible.
    And it does so, since everyone can do everything they want. pve, or pvp. Both choices are here.
    You say a lot of things, then you completely contradict yourself non-stop, advocating for pvp.

No, pvp is not fun for everyone, for some it's a constant annoyance, and it has been a constant annoyance since the start.
    In real life, when you travel around the world, people don't try to kill you non-stop.

For some people, this aspect is one of the worst, and they've been forced to constantly deal with it, because they enjoy the other aspects.
    So, for some people (which by the way, is the fair way of putting it, SOME people, not "MOST PEOPLE" like you constantly try to force, when it's not even true) this server will be perfect.

11. So let me get this straight… It is a PVE rea lm attracting PVE players who do not want to participate in WPVP and maybe have 0 experience in PVP in general (which is completely fine) but each time they want to try the PVP aspect of the game (BGs/Arenas) they will FORCED to play with the Blackrock PVPers who are doing only the PVP aspect of the game for years. Wonder what would happen to a guy wanting to test how pvp feels and rather play against a likeminded guy from the opposite faction to his surprise it would just be a blackrock PVPer demolishing him. Wow amazing idea to link up two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT REALMS together. Honestly it makes zero sense to have A pve seasonal realm and a pvp seasonal realm LINKED UP together. Thats like having a cross realm raid group filled with blackrock players with full pvp gear. How would that make you feel? Too bad you will never find out because it only goes the other way around.

Make it pve realm alright, remove wPVP, its fine. Then let us play against us when we have the chance to. That Blackrock progressive thing ruined the Bg scene for a lot of players in Frostmourne s2 and this season will definitely ruin it a lot more.

12. 100% Agree, a seasonal pve realm shouldn't be force to play against blackrock (pvp die harders) .. Let us play against each other and have the option for a smoother pvp experience.

13. Will there be TBC timewalkings again ? or two raid resets per week or both ?

14. Can everyone still see each other whether they have enabled or disabled PVP mode?

15. Can everyone still see each other whether they have enabled or disabled PVP mode?
    Yes they can. It will be the same as in Dalaran on other realms, where you can see all the opposite faction players but you can't attack them unless they flag themselves for PVP.

First ... 16242526272836 ... Last