1. Horde/Alliance demographics in past frost our entire seasons

In the current and past season of frostmoutrne, how were the alliance horde ratios if anyone could speculate? Mostly wondering about how the ratio will shape up in season 3, in particular when thinking about the ease of finding a casual raiding guild etc. thanks

2. I just realised that this is available in the information tab on the landing page never mind https://www.warmane.com/information

3. I just realised that this is available in the information tab on the landing page never mind https://www.warmane.com/information
    I looked and it only shows the "current" info... would like to see info for season 1 and 2 also, I wanted to go Alliance, and I know you cant trust trade chat and all but man lol, I have been reading trade chat on both alliance and horde and most people say that alliance has always been dead compared to horde. Hence why they also did x10 rates for alliance? It would suck to invest time and energy into a raiding character and you might not even end up raiding much because the pug pool is so small compared to horde side. Although I hope that with S3 being a PVE server, lots more will join alliance, I just dont want to gamble it all on this one feature alone, so I think im going to stick with horde, just because its going to be much easier to raid/dunegons on horde side :(

4. Although I hope that with S3 being a PVE server, lots more will join alliance
    I think the opposite will happen. Ally is usually more pvp focussed because of the human racial - no world PvP = even less incentive to go ally.
    I really don't like playing Horde either, but it doesn't matter - it's the safest option for PvE.

5. I think the opposite will happen. Ally is usually more pvp focussed because of the human racial - no world PvP = even less incentive to go ally.
    I really don't like playing Horde either, but it doesn't matter - it's the safest option for PvE.
    Yeah, the faction imbalance will be bigger than ever before because of the "peace mode" server :/

6. On the PVE server thread, which I am not going to comment people point numerous flaws, but very few understand that this will push population to Horde in an even greater extent. This was a problem before, and was supposed to be addressed by the slightly increased rates and for BGs by merc mode. (after the nice change of crossrealm with server of 65%+ Alliance population). Let's say the PVP aspect was addressed by those measures. Here comes the real issue:

Dung/Raid forming. If you have heavy (70%+) migration towards one side, the other side will be left with very few people to do PVE with. I mean even now it is harder and slower to do RHCs on alliance, even as a healer, not even thinking of dps. Eventually, more people will play on FM as Horde for the PVE and roll Alliance on Blackrock for the PVP. What we are possibly looking at is H70%-A30% FM server and H30%-A70% BR server.

It is obvious that the staff is looking to address those problems, but after the merge with BR, measures have been just damange control. Not sure how they will step up now. Crossfaction PVE? Could be fun.

I personally intend to roll Horde this time as well, at least at the start. There is just no reason not to as the first months are always hard PVE grind. On the PVP horizon people just do the dailys and weekly 10 games for AP. If I have to make a guess we would probably start at 75% if not 80% towards Horde and have some 5% migration after 2-3 months as they probably will be forced again to offer free transfers to Alliance and even higher rates.

They might decide to do some last moment change when they see the name reservation ratio.

7. Interestingly the current data on the information tab in Warmane, shows a way more balanced story than what you present -not saying you are wrong in any way, just saying that I was actually expecting the state of FM right now to be more along the 50-50 point. Anyway it looks like horde it is for s3

8. Interestingly the current data on the information tab in Warmane, shows a way more balanced story than what you present -not saying you are wrong in any way, just saying that I was actually expecting the state of FM right now to be more along the 50-50 point. Anyway it looks like horde it is for s3
    You are completely right Alex, I was rather referring to the start, where I believe at a point Horde was at 76%, but I might be mistaken. (it was 1 year ago) See you on Horde :)

Edit: Also the current statistic shows short period of time at the moment.
    Edited: April 8, 2022

9. Interestingly the current data on the information tab in Warmane, shows a way more balanced story than what you present -not saying you are wrong in any way, just saying that I was actually expecting the state of FM right now to be more along the 50-50 point. Anyway it looks like horde it is for s3
    You are correct in your observation.

Unfortauntely the core problem is available players for end game PvE. It's the primary reason people choose this server and to live through the release again.

The recent changes to things like XP and rep rates, Normal Server status and AH simply do not address the reason people come to this server and the reason they choose horde.

PvE end game content and racials. It's that simple. And none of the new changes directly impact this.

So its exceedingly disappointing that the team has chosen to not specifically addressed this issue nor provide explanation.

Appalling faction imbalance will remain and this post will age impeccably.

10. You should play the class/ race that you enjoy the most. I am gonna play for the alliance. I am not thinking about game statistics, mechanics or whatever. Just enjoy the game and play for fun. If you like being a part of the alliance, then choose alliance.
    Edited: April 13, 2022 Reason: Mistype

11. You should play the class/ race that you enjoy the most. I am gonna play for the alliance. I am not thinking about game statistics, mechanics or whatever. Just enjoy the game and play for fun. If you like being a part of the alliance, then choose alliance.
    Same. I will be playing whatever race/class and starting zones I like the most.

I understand that one faction might feature better racials for PvE, but I do not care to get that additional help.
    We beat this game 12+ years ago. At this point, not having the best racials could be seen as an interesting challenge, instead of a definitive downside.

I hope many will think the same, so that we'll have a balanced population on the realm.

On a separate note: is it possible to create characters from opposing factions on the same realm?