1. PVE Server

So, I count myself fairly lucky,

Last night I was thinking "I wish there was a WOTLK private server or something, surely there is" Did some looking found this place.

Awesome.

Wish I could Play with some progression, kinda relive this the patches.

Awesome, had no idea a new server was just resetting for a season.

It's PVE, Awesome, I refuse to play when PvP isn't optional. Ganks aren't fun, people are aholes, and I don't want to deal with that kind of play unless I am in a battleground. Love Wintergrasp, Love Battlegrounds and Arena, Hate struggling with a few adds and some Opposite faction comes in and kills me, or wants to start something when really what I want to do is play the bag space mini game while in a safe spot in stranglethorn vale.

Overworld PvP was nice at this time of the game....mostly, but that is not the nostalgia I was after. When I saw this server and the activity, I thought this is great, seems like the previous consesus was PvP was the desired type. at least the desired type by really loud vocal people.

I am a new player to the community, my wife is now wanting to join, I am sure there will be other people like me who don't want to use the forums, (I don't want to, I want to level my priest) If there is one thing I have noticed its this, the people who don't want PvP are the same people who don't feel like argueing about it on a forum, not cause any other reason then they normally have better things to do, the game isn't so important I would normally want to spend time talking about why my preferred playstyle is valid, but since this is a new decision, I just wanted to say if it was a PvP only server available I would not have joined here.

I am sure some of the devs and people who work on this server do review these forums, if you see this, please note for every one of these post you see, you probably have another 100 players happy with this decision. Every PvP player who is unhappy is free to make a character on one of the other servers I am sure.

I would feel more comfortable to know after the year is up I don't have to get dumped into a PvP Server though, If I don't see some announcement on that, (it may already exist, I haven't looked all over the site I have been playing the game) I will probably continue to look for a different server, I am just too happy with having old school wow right now.

2. Hey there.
    After a year passes and Frostmourne's cycle ends, you'll get moved to Icecrown - the PvP realm. Only difference is that PvP is toggled on always. Mostly you'll easily avoid PvP players by just avoiding the areas they frequently roam and those you'll learn sooner or later.

3. I'm also like having the ability to choose when I want to get ****ed by ?? level players. You'd think that no pvp would ever happen because players are not flagged for it but its just not true. Anyone who wants to do wpvp can *easily* bait others into engaging them by appearing weaker. Believe me, many players will immediately jump on you if they think they can get a guaranteed kill. I ran around Thrallmar with my 60 paladin without all of my armor pieces equipped and some health visibly missing from being wounded and Horde players kept jumping on me all the time. I won some fights, lost some, had good fun.

4. Hey there.
    After a year passes and Frostmourne's cycle ends, you'll get moved to Icecrown - the PvP realm. Only difference is that PvP is toggled on always. Mostly you'll easily avoid PvP players by just avoiding the areas they frequently roam and those you'll learn sooner or later.
    I am not a new wow player, I played vanilla tbc wotlk and quit when the super loud elitist minority got the company to increase the difficulty and time needed to complete dungeons and raids and tanked the games population.

The "super elite" hardmore raiders and the PvP community (just by virtue of their lack of aversion to conflict,) are more likely to voice opinions on forums.

But this is seriously a question I need answered because if after a year I am going to have my character dumped into a pvp realm I need to not invest the time now into playing here. I will go someone where else (devs, whoever is working on this don't think i am the only one thinking this cause alot of people aren't saying it.) I have no interest in playing open world PvP if I do feel like it, I will make a rogue and play on one of the other realms here,but the main area I want to spend my time is in a pve server, honestly probably playing a lot of arena and wintergrasp, but then when in ice crown, just not worrying about it.

This was the pinnacle of this game, I no longer play the live servers cause they ****ed it up, and if they had a classic server that just stopped at Wotlk I would probably subscribe, what I really want is to lock myself into this little bubble of time when I get time to play an mmo, of playing the mmo that every other mmo fails to live up to, at the spot I have rose tinted glasses for.

When this game was live at this time, there were way more pve servers than pvp. For a reason, despite the state of the forum boards. I just want to know if there is going to be any acknowledgment of this? Or really do me and my wife need to go now?

5. Or really do me and my wife need to go now?
    No server lasts forever, not even Warmane servers. The fact that this is a year long seasonal realm shouldn't be something to worry about. Play and experience all the WotLK raids as they are released, participate in reasonably fair PVP because there won't be any Shadowmournes until the very end and have fun. And you should consider going Horde because Alliance players are doing an absolutely incredible job at making it seem we're complete morons. (global chat is cancer on Alliance side).

Its possible that they even consider changing other realms in the future to be PVE if it proves to be the better choice based on what the Frostmourne players think after experiencing it.
    Edited: April 17, 2022

6. I just want to know if there is going to be any acknowledgment of this? Or really do me and my wife need to go now?
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=444918
    All characters above level 10 will be able to transfer easily to Icecrown.
    It was the same for 2 years in a row. I don't think it'll change this year.