1. May 12, 2022  

Character Trade Prices

So now that the shop is officially open, the prices for purchasing/selling characters has gone through the roof.

Does it really have to be this drastic? A couple of hours ago I could sell my character for 30 coins, now it goes for no less than 200, which obviously no one will ever buy since the gear will be obsolete in a few weeks...

Is it really intended to be this way? Will it always be like this?

I've been gearing and farming characters to sell which has been pretty fun and rewarding but that is now gone.

2. May 12, 2022  
    The minimum cost is based, among other things, on the gear the character owns and their cost in our Marketplace, with a small discount.
    It being sold for 30, while carrying hundreds in gear, wasn't intended.

3. May 12, 2022  
    It being sold for 30, while carrying hundreds in gear, wasn't intended.
    That's good to know, but unfortunate because characters going for 200+ coins with ilevel 200 gear seems unreasonable. At least it feels like the cost should be adjusted to frostmourne specifically since these items will be obsolete in no time.

But it is a business afterall so we should be expecting things to be this way.

4. May 12, 2022  
    That's why people in general either put characters for sale with "best in slots" or without gear/inventory, not something in between. Intermediary equipment will still be accounted for as it should, whether it's going to be kept or not.

5. May 13, 2022  
    the thing is you are paying for the character on the server as it is now if a character is as higher geared as it can be with the current content thats what you are paying the premium for.