1. May 14, 2022  

How long is Naxx?

Hello, is ulduar really coming mid july? In my humble opinion all the pve raid guild have cleaned naxx many and many times and people are slowly leaving because they have nothing to do after cleaning naxx os and eoe 25 on the day of reset. Maybe Ulduar should come earlier than the previous year, what do you think?

2. May 15, 2022  
    I agree, i saw a lot of people with above 4k gs with greatness that have nothing to do except do raids for valor because they have everything BiS and do quests for gold, Ulduar should be rushed a little bit

3. May 15, 2022  
    I agree, i saw a lot of people with above 4k gs with greatness that have nothing to do except do raids for valor because they have everything BiS and do quests for gold, Ulduar should be rushed a little bit
    And then the same thing will happen with Ulduar.
    And ToC.
    And ICC.
    And RS.
    It's natural before the endless grinds implemented by modern WoW expansions.
    Edited: May 15, 2022

4. May 16, 2022  
    That's how it is on a progress server, were most top guild know every raid, just need to kill it :D

5. May 17, 2022  
    its usually 3 months each patch if you have nothing to do either find satisfaction in helping others to learn and gear up or just log until ulduar comes out

6. May 17, 2022  
    I don't think it's the same with ulduar, it's way longer and harder and yes some people will still clean it fast but not the vast majority. Everyone has cleaned naxx, even the people that have been discovering the extension. I know it's usualy 3 mounth patch, that's the whole reason i'm making a post about it and all the people I talk to agree with me. Also this way we won't have ulduar coming up when people are at the beach x) But to be honnest i think most people that would just logg of until ulduar won't come back, it's too long

7. May 24, 2022  
    I agree with Rycia, and so do most of my guild members. Naxx is pretty much a face-roll. Ulduar is much more challenging at its base and has additional hard modes. A lot of casual guilds cleared Naxx 25 on the first or 2nd week. It would not be the same with Ulduar. Jebediah, is suggesting that each patch gets 3 months. However, I would much prefer Naxx 25 lasts 2 months, and Ulduar lasts 4 months. Double the time for twice the difficulty. I HIGHLY doubt the majority of guilds will be clearing Mimiron HM after 5-6 weeks, let alone after 2 (like Naxx 25).

Please Devs, at least take a poll. You do not have to shorten the overall server length, just naxx 25.

8. May 24, 2022  
    I agree that Ulduar should be bumped up. Nax would still retain its utility and allow people who have nothing left to gain from it to move forward. I have plenty of guild members leveling alts and will still be moving through the progression. But there are many with 4K+ gs just from running nax (not making purchases through the store) who are ready for more of a challenge.

9. May 25, 2022  
    Ulduar is longer and harder so what. What do you think will happen once you're locked out? You will sit in Dalaran again. Maybe you can go back and faceroll naxx even harder with uldu gear if you whip your raiders hard enough for the to return. As i said,people with nothing to do is natural through patches,downtime won't disappear. Two weeks in and somebody will just bring the topic up again.

10. May 25, 2022  
    "Ulduar is longer and harder, so what"? If you ignore the rhetorical prose, SilverFlash poses an interesting question. I do not think anyone is claiming that releasing Ulduar will eliminate downtime. I believe the point Pendrick and other are making is that 1. It will take longer (more hours/raid days) to clear Ulduar and 2. There will be additional challenges for a significantly longer period of time.

To expand on point 2, how many weeks did it take for 75% of raiding guilds to clear naxx 25? SilverFlash, how many weeks do you think it will take for 75% of raiding guilds to clear Ulduar 25 + hard modes? If the number of weeks is significantly longer for the latter, what is the logic for keeping content the same amount of time? Personally, I would like to see my (casual) guild have a shot at some of the hard modes and maybe even see Algalon. However, in order for more casual guilds to have a shot at clearing Ulduar content, it has to be out for a longer period of time relative to Naxx 25.

A guild that has cleared all available content has little motivation to log on except to level alts. A guild that still has content needing to be cleared will have goals to work towards. If there are still bosses and hard modes to overcome, people are incentivized to show up to raid, acquire better gear, form more 10 man pugs to practice mechanics, etc.

"Two weeks in and somebody will just bring the topic up again". While that might be true, I think it is important to consider percentages. I agree that someone will likely bring the topic up again (a top 5% player in a hard-core guild). But how many people will agree with them? If the majority of the community wants to move forward because they have exhausted the current content, why prevent that?

11. May 25, 2022  
    "Ulduar is longer and harder, so what"? If you ignore the rhetorical prose, SilverFlash poses an interesting question. I do not think anyone is claiming that releasing Ulduar will eliminate downtime. I believe the point Pendrick and other are making is that 1. It will take longer (more hours/raid days) to clear Ulduar and 2. There will be additional challenges for a significantly longer period of time.

To expand on point 2, how many weeks did it take for 75% of raiding guilds to clear naxx 25? SilverFlash, how many weeks do you think it will take for 75% of raiding guilds to clear Ulduar 25 + hard modes? If the number of weeks is significantly longer for the latter, what is the logic for keeping content the same amount of time? Personally, I would like to see my (casual) guild have a shot at some of the hard modes and maybe even see Algalon. However, in order for more casual guilds to have a shot at clearing Ulduar content, it has to be out for a longer period of time relative to Naxx 25.

A guild that has cleared all available content has little motivation to log on except to level alts. A guild that still has content needing to be cleared will have goals to work towards. If there are still bosses and hard modes to overcome, people are incentivized to show up to raid, acquire better gear, form more 10 man pugs to practice mechanics, etc.

"Two weeks in and somebody will just bring the topic up again". While that might be true, I think it is important to consider percentages. I agree that someone will likely bring the topic up again (a top 5% player in a hard-core guild). But how many people will agree with them? If the majority of the community wants to move forward because they have exhausted the current content, why prevent that?
    If the tuning is the same as last season,a lot of guilds will faceroll ulduar as usual. You have to remember that the majority of raiders have played wotlk a ton,so ulduar is anything but new. Progress won't be gated much at all,normal modes are a joke,and outside a handful of hardmodes(yogg,mimiron,algalon,maybe vezax),the hardmodes too.

And i reiterate,once you're done with your id you WILL sit on your *** in dalaran,which is what the complaints were about. "a lot of people with above 4k gs with greatness that have nothing to do except do raids for valor because they have everything BiS and do quests for gold" <- this is true for every single patch up to around legion. Just swap the currency and gs out according to patch.

12. May 31, 2022  
    So you want to tell me most of the people have full BiS gear after 2-3 id's ? Maybe there are some people who had tons of luck. But most of the people still need upgrades. I'm raiding and clearing since the first week and still need 5-7 upgrades. I think you are talking bull****.

13. May 31, 2022  
    So you want to tell me most of the people have full BiS gear after 2-3 id's ? Maybe there are some people who had tons of luck. But most of the people still need upgrades. I'm raiding and clearing since the first week and still need 5-7 upgrades. I think you are talking bull****.
    I'm telling you what will raiders do once they are id locked in a single raid content patch. They go afk. They do that right now with three times the raids. They do that on the more farm intensive TBCC,they did that in vanilla classic. They will do that on the way more lenient WotLK. It was,is and will be the way up until legion,where you will be given **** to do outside raids that will contribute to your raid performance.

Or they will do ulduar on alt(s) and then go afk. It is the raider's way of life.
    Edited: May 31, 2022

14. May 31, 2022  
    You guys are missing the main point of the previous posters. It’s not about eliminating afk time in dal. It’s mostly about providing a more challenging raid and making the content timeline proportional to the difficulty.

Seriously answer the following:

What percent of raiding guilds have cleared naxx 25? How many weeks did that take them? How many weeks will it take for the same percent of raiding guilds to clear all of ulduar including hard modes?

(Edited to fix phone’s autocorrect)
    Edited: May 31, 2022

15. June 4, 2022  
    Personally, I only know about 6-7 raiding guilds. Over half had killed KT 25 man 2 weeks after release. My best guess is that it will take at least 8-10 weeks for 4 of those same guilds to kill all hard modes. It might be even longer… I do not think it is very logical to have the same amount of time to clear content that is 4-5 times harder.

I’m not saying Ulduar should be active 4-5 times longer than Naxx, but I do think a sooner release is appropriate. Most of my guild much prefers Ulduar to Naxx. I hope we have the chance to clear all hard modes before ToC. Unless the devs decide to extend Ulduar, that goal sadly seems unlikely.

I also want to bring up a similar point as “bankerrs”. I have been seeing pugs clear 25 man Naxx in a single night for weeks. Does anyone in this thread think that pugs are going to be clearing Yogg, Alg, or HM mim 3-4 weeks after release? I remember on season 1-2 I could NEVER find a pug to do hard modes, Yogg, etc.

I’ve never been able to fully progress Ulduar. I humbly ask the devs to consider the non elite guilds and give them an opportunity to clear Ulduar by a sooner release and potentially a delayed ToC patch. I know many people who feel similar.

12 Last