1. May 18, 2022  

Is this behavior normal on this server?

Hello fellow reader, this thing happened to me today and i'm still quite confused about it .
    (pls forgive me if i have grammatical errors but english ain't my first language)

So, I was levelling and doing some quests on Hillsbrad Foothills and I notice that a hunter alliance player was killing some of my horde low level comrades, I proceed to help them because they were like 7 or 8 lvls down to him/her, I manage to kill him twice just to help the other to get away... everything was normal untill like 10 minutes later I recieved a whisper from someone I didn´t know that stated: "F you, you better GTFO here because you are going to know what is like to get rpd, i better watch you log out, im going to be your nightmare 24/7".

By that time I was like WTF is this guy even saying LOL hahahahaa, and I continue questing, I only responded back with a "?", so he whispers me again with this " Do you remember the hunter you just killed? im going to F so Hard you want to uninstall the game". Honestly I didn´t bothered because come on, it's just a game nobody cares that much about it but boooy I was wrong about this person, he then proceeded to gank me with a lvl 80 rogue for about 2 hours, and every time he killed me he just whispers me back again with his horde warrior how bad the days was going to be for me. I couldn´t believe how someone could be so no life about something to that ponit OMG i feel sorry for how lame it was, i feel sorry for that guy.

I still manage to get to a high point were he couldn´t reach me and hearthstone out of it, then he whispers me again that nobody where i was I wasn´t going to be safe anyway. So anyway, all im asking is that why people on this server are so crazy? or is it just me but I think this kind of behavior is just nuts, i was kinda afraid to ask for help on the global chat because he was logged on a horde character as well so, who knows, take in mind I'm not in a guild mainly because I want to experience the game solo at first so I couldn´t ask for help 'cause i didn´t knew anyone xd

Any advices or recommendations if this thing continues?

2. May 19, 2022  
    Ignore the player's characters. Print screen each time he decides to whisper you from different toon before adding them to ignore. If he keeps doing that a lot, make a report. The staff may take action, but note that it may only further enrage the pathetic nolife to hunt you in-game further.
    Reporting Players [Updated: May 22, 2020]

I recommend rolling an alt for the time being and let the player cool off a bit. Or play on another character that you have, or on other realm, or entirely different game.

If you get ganked by the same person, or in general after getting ganked twice by somebody else, use website unstuck via https://www.warmane.com/account/services. No need to waste your time being repeatedly ganked. Do something else for a bit. You could always ask help from global, somebody might be interested.

It's not uncommon. Just know that many players have issues, and like to lash out on internet randoms, rather than becoming a better person.

3. May 19, 2022  
    Global is always getting reports of Alliance players corpse-camping Hillsbrad. It's just one of those really bad areas that lowbie Horde players are better off avoiding.

Tanaris and Thrallmar can be bad too, but there are no real good alternatives to leveling for those places, so you kind of have to just grin and bear it in those places.

4. May 19, 2022  
    Another tip: you don't have to try and run away with hearthstone, you can just use character unstuck service from the site to get teleported to your hearthstone location while dead (you get revived with it), it's here: https://www.warmane.com/account/services

5. May 19, 2022  
    It is also possible to find out of if a player on the other faction is online by trying to invite them, it says "target is unfriendly" if that player is online. (so you can use this method to check if he is likely trying to gank you, although a 2nd account on another monitor to login on other faction is better since then you can see exact zone they are in)

I used this in retail to quickly logout and watch a movie/tv show/anime when someone logged their main to try to corpse camp me, so first I killed them then they spent 30 min trying to find me while I watched something else then when they gave up and logged back in on their alt I went and ganked them again.
    Edited: May 19, 2022

6. May 19, 2022  
    There will always be low lifes on the internet, hidding behind the screen, were they don’t have to face their pathetic life :D

It makes them feel better, About them self.
    -Remember, that’s all they got

Be the better person and ignore
    -only because it’s a game (:

7. May 23, 2022  
    welp. sounds like yer faction should be more like an accord. some form of coalition perhaps. or a federation. a league. wait, i know... an alliance! that's the one

seriously, i dont understand how you guys let that **** stand. over on blue, someone in global calls out gankers we come. often in force. and if global wont protect your levelers... what about your guildees? your friends? this is a social game with warring factions. your friends and allies ARE your strength. you can be bis all day long, but someone brings five friends yer going down.

talking to people is the most powerful mechanic in the game. use it.