1. May 26, 2022  
    There's nothing "official" about this thread for it to ever get such title.
    Also, you're getting way close to propaganda and advertisement than you want to be, assuming you want to keep posting.
    You are sooo wrong my friend.

I wanted the title to be changed by adding " OFFICIAL THREAD "

Simply because regarding the upcoming retail expansion of classic woltk, what propaganda or advertisement are you talking about?

Even my nephew which is 6 years old knows that there is retail wow server.

Everyone knows that World of Wacraft game have retail servers aka servers which you have to pay on a monthly basis, lol.

I didn't see a thread like this and since woltk classic was announced i decided to open one to ask people for their opinions.

2. May 27, 2022  
    I believe low populated WotLK private servers will die off, whereas Warmane will take a hit to some degree. I'm not quite sure how much Warmane will be affected by WotLK Classic, but it remains to be seen what kind of perks the latter offers compared to the private server scene.

Personally, I will not play Wrath Classic. Paying a monthly sub, the rampant gold buying and selling, heavy botting, GDKPs galore, no RDF and staring at the LFG bulletin board to hunt a spot for a dungeon are absolutely unappealing. Seeing how Blizzard rushed TBC Classic sealed the deal for me. Warmane, unless it gets shut down, isn't planning on progressing to the next expansion yet. Therefore, there is no rush in gearing up and you can take occasional breaks from the game whenever you like. Your progress will not be deemed obsolete if you stop playing for a while.

This is my personal take on Wrath Classic vs. the private server scene. Of course Wrath Classic will cater to a certain demographic, as private servers do to another kind. Objectively, we can't conclude which side is better, but only time will tell.

3. June 3, 2022  
    1 : is there a different between blizz and private servers "in game" ? I never played on original server , does contact changes on every patch or event ? ( or any thing similar to that ) if not why warmanes's frostmourn realm exists ? ( i was not playing for a while)

2: i was thinking about following the lore from 3.3.5(even if it is bad it moves on and it's alive ) , someone(an streamer) told me the best way is the classic wow not the private servers (because they are not good nowadays ) , correct me (him actually) if I'm mistaking .

3: monthly sub is unfair , it forces people to keep playing . they had to change that to something like playing hours , but i should pay for the game I'm playing anyway .
    Edited: June 3, 2022

4. June 4, 2022  
    1 : is there a different between blizz and private servers "in game" ? I never played on original server , does contact changes on every patch or event ? ( or any thing similar to that ) if not why warmanes's frostmourn realm exists ? ( i was not playing for a while)

2: i was thinking about following the lore from 3.3.5(even if it is bad it moves on and it's alive ) , someone(an streamer) told me the best way is the classic wow not the private servers (because they are not good nowadays ) , correct me (him actually) if I'm mistaking .

3: monthly sub is unfair , it forces people to keep playing . they had to change that to something like playing hours , but i should pay for the game I'm playing anyway .
    1) Yes. Private servers are guessing the interaction between the client and the server,and are using imperfect scripts to reach similar or the same effect as retail servers would. That's why an unrelated update can break things completely on privates. Blizzard itself ain't free of the spaghetti code either(Diamond Flask+warriors in heal gear for vanilla as an example),but classic has a better grasp on how things should work in general.

As for patches,since activision doesnt want to put in any extra effort,classic servers are basically private servers with working as intended mechanics. Last patch has a huge impact on class balancing on early content. They are copying private servers while offering a higher quality of gameplay(and some downsides as well). They just lock out content the same way privates do untill they are in the correct phase. And items are now,with tbcc, are having the correct stats and rules as they were originally in their phase.

2) The only thing that i can remember being different is that you're not supposed to be able to see the wrathgate cinematic after a certain patch bc the line was cut. Warmane has it(incorrectly,as it shouldn't exist in 3.3.5,so on icecrown and lordaeron),and, please don't shoot me mods,i know how it had to be hand scripted from videos because there is no datamine etc on it from when it was live,but it is quite buggy here.

3) It isn't. It pays the bills. Without donors pservers would close up as well. Also,15 bucks ain't much considering that you have the option to play anytime in the month If you break it down,even if you single log once a week,it's about a pack of cigarettes for that week. It doesn't force people anything,we were 6/6 SWP on week 1 and we(my guild) basically raidlog at this point,minus maybe some consumable farming. We don't feel forced at all to play just because the sub is ticking,we play because we more or less enjoy the content or we need stuff ingame.

5. June 5, 2022  
    I won't be going. The only real advantage to Blizz wrath classic is that a paywall does lessen the number of infantile asshats, but not enough to make an impact, more than likely. There will still be enough toxicity to make it not worthwhile. Plus I simply cannot level up at Blizz rates anymore. I just refuse.

Edit: Oh yeah. Fewer multiboxers. That's a retail pro I forgot to mention.

6. June 5, 2022  
    won't be touching retail ever again, shadowlands was enough. warmane has scratched the wow itch for 11 years now, it will continue to do so as the itch arises.

First 12